Breakfast coffee

buchananglasgow

I don't mind the syrup type coffee they serve in the buffet. I might be in the minority though?? If you like instant coffee I would do what Pia suggested and bring some Starbucks instant coffee packets with you. I'm not an instant coffee lover but these are pretty good.:):):)

Ok i get that a brewed coffee or a cappuccino or latte or something with froth and a swirl leaf feather design takes time aka money and you pay more for that in the IC.

But why oh why do you have to pay for a pot of hot water and then YOU pick out a packaged tea bag to plunk into pot that YOU pour yourself and they charge YOU!

Same tea bag, same hot water is free in the buffet or room service yet get it in IC and you pay!

Tea Party discrimination? :mad:

Ok i get that a brewed coffee or a cappuccino or latte or something with froth and a swirl leaf feather design takes time aka money and you pay more for that in the IC.

But why oh why do you have to pay for a pot of hot water and then YOU pick out a packaged tea bag to plunk into pot that YOU pour yourself and they charge YOU!

Same tea bag, same hot water is free in the buffet or room service yet get it in IC and you pay!

Tea Party discrimination? :mad:

It may be the atmosphere :eek:.

Royal and Ruby have ground coffee. Not to bad. You need to pay attention to the waiters at venues to make sure when you request Decaf that is what you receive, this includes the IC. From someone who spent time in Medical for receiving the wrong blend. After 2 incidents our waiter ensured I received decaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

...You need to pay attention to the waiters at venues to make sure when you request Decaf that is what you receive, this includes the IC. From someone who spent time in Medical for receiving the wrong blend. After 2 incidents our waiter ensured I received decaf.

This is always a concern ordering coffee away from home. Some servers just don't get it. I may, as some suggested, bring good-quality instant from home.

This is always a concern ordering coffee away from home. Some servers just don't get it. I may, as some suggested, bring good-quality instant from home.

If I had serious medical concerns with any food or drink, I would bring my own or abstain from that particular food or drink item. I just wouldn't risk it.:D

It is NOT the same tea bags! The teas in the buffet are Twinings and/or Bigelow. The tea in the IC is fancy stuff in little silk bags. I can't say if it's actually "better" (I only had some once or twice) but it's definitely more expensive. I can't recall the name brand, but maybe someone else will know it.

If I had serious medical concerns with any food or drink, I would bring my own or abstain from that particular food or drink item. I just wouldn't risk it.:D

Good point! Fortunately for me it is just that I can't sleep if I have caffeine later in the day. For others, though, it can be a serious medical issue.

Good point! Fortunately for me it is just that I can't sleep if I have caffeine later in the day. For others, though, it can be a serious medical issue.

Yes, this is why I avoid coffee and have Baileys instead.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

They do serve it, and as long as you can stand the stuff that's made from the syrup concentrate you are all set without buying anything else. If you buy a coffee card you can get fresh brewed but you have to go to the International Café to get it. The bright side is they have breakfast goodies there too so no need for the buffet :)

Of course the coffee isnt too shabby at the Piaza! ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/06/01/regal-princess-five-things/9806043/

It is NOT the same tea bags! The teas in the buffet are Twinings and/or Bigelow. The tea in the IC is fancy stuff in little silk bags. I can't say if it's actually "better" (I only had some once or twice) but it's definitely more expensive. I can't recall the name brand, but maybe someone else will know it.

Princess specialty tea is Revolution and another brand.

Just finished a cruise, and I had similar questions.

I drink a pot of coffee a day but I am not a coffee snob (no offense intended to anyone). For the first 20 years of working I drank vending machine coffee, believe me almost any coffee is better! :eek:

I prefer McDonald's coffee to Starbucks and I don't drink specialty drinks. Mickey-D's Senior Coffee is great! :D

I didn't know if I should buy the card or not, so the first day, I had coffee with desert at dinner.

I did not buy the card, the MDR coffee was just fine. We have had the same coffee card for the past 3 cruises and it is still 1/2 full!:p

My opinion only.

Our opinion's are the ones that matter to us! Right?

Just a question: I wonder how deep the oceans would be without sponges?

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Ok fair enough but Twinings is fine by me so it would be nice to be able to have a cup of "free " tea in IC as i enjoy my "free" dessert....thats all I am saying. :o

The atmosphere is nicer than buffet as there is usually music in the piazza and it feels more cafe-like.

The brand is just on the tip of my tongue but hasn't reached my brain yet.

But I have to agree that the tea is not the same as in the buffet.

Love those elegant little sil triangles and enjoy the several interesting blends.

Tastes much better to me.

people should complain and not go on princess.... coffee is the worst

If you read the blogs for other cruise lines, many are convinced that their favorite cruise line has the worst possible "included" coffee.

If I have too much caffeine my bladder closes off and I have to be catheterized which would be horrible on a cruise!!

All I know is I was Born To Cruise..

Love,

Miranda

If I have too much caffeine my bladder closes off and I have to be catheterized which would be horrible on a cruise!!

All I know is I was Born To Cruise..

Love,

Miranda

WOW, That would put me off coffee altogether.:eek: