Breakfast coffee

buchananglasgow

Hi, newbie here, silly question but is coffee served as part of the breakfast buffet or do I need to buy a package or coffee card for this ?

They do serve it, and as long as you can stand the stuff that's made from the syrup concentrate you are all set without buying anything else. If you buy a coffee card you can get fresh brewed but you have to go to the International Café to get it. The bright side is they have breakfast goodies there too so no need for the buffet :)

They do serve it, and as long as you can stand the stuff that's made from the syrup concentrate you are all set without buying anything else. If you buy a coffee card you can get fresh brewed but you have to go to the International Café to get it. The bright side is they have breakfast goodies there too so no need for the buffet :)

The coffee was not that bad last princess cruise I did. It is definitely worse on some other lines.:(

Where it is served depends on the ship. On the Ocean P, brewed coffee is available at the buffet.

thanks guys, im sure i will find one i like then from all the different ones. im an instant fan more than a brewed one, so if worst comes to shove, i can detox for a day.

Or you can carry with you Via or some other sort of instant sachet and make your own by just adding hot water. I do.

thanks guys, im sure i will find one i like then from all the different ones. im an instant fan more than a brewed one, so if worst comes to shove, i can detox for a day.

Welcome to CC! No silly questions here.

Coffee is available (free) 24/7 in the buffet.

Its available in the DR's as well (free) for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Or you can purchase the coffee card as mentioned.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Or you can carry with you Via or some other sort of instant sachet and make your own by just adding hot water. I do.

That's what I do so I have coffee that I can enjoy IF the ship's coffee is not to my liking. Usually buy the Folgers or Taster's Choice as I know how to mix it for me.

Their liquid brew coffee had improved to some degree. It's not as good as the drip stuff but still acceptable.

I think that the regular Princess coffee is certainly drinkable. I use the card for special coffees and sometimes for special teas instead of going to the regular tea time. I hope Princess will extend the coffe card to be used for gelato.

You can also get your morning coffee or hot tea water (for your instant) delivered to your cabin- along with pastries- fruit- either by putting a request on the door in the evening- or calling in the morning- we usually tip the server a couple of bucks. I find that it is one of the services we enjoy the most on the ship. As for the taste of the coffee- it is not Starbucks- but not bad-

Just finished a cruise, and I had similar questions.

I drink a pot of coffee a day but I am not a coffee snob (no offense intended to anyone). I prefer McDonald's coffee to Starbucks and I don't drink specialty drinks.

I didn't know if I should buy the card or not, so the first day, I had coffee with desert at dinner.

I did not buy the card, the MDR coffee was just fine.

My opinion only.

Edited by BigWI

So glad to hear the coffee is somewhat improved. I am not a coffee snob either but that coffee syrup stuff was absolutely disgusting.

I am hoping the stuff they serve through room service is also improved. It used to be like they made it out of the water they used to wash the dirty ashtrays. It was really that bad!!

It really boils down to preference. I LOVE coffee and in the evenings I actually prefer speciality and ice coffee. I bought the card, but I could definetly drink the buffet and main dining coffee. My mom was fine with the buffet coffee.

In the afternoons - or later - you can (could) get free brewed coffee with the card and it didn't cost a punch. Not sure that is still true. I did use all the drinks between me and my mom (they just punch the card twice when we both order). It was worth it for me, but I know my habits...I drink at least 1 or 2 'special' coffees every day when I am at the office (darn shopping place that's only 2 blocks away from the office has a Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts -- I have no power to resist that!).

So glad to hear the coffee is somewhat improved. I am not a coffee snob either but that coffee syrup stuff was absolutely disgusting.

I am hoping the stuff they serve through room service is also improved. It used to be like they made it out of the water they used to wash the dirty ashtrays. It was really that bad!!

It's still the yucky syrup stuff.

I think it varies from ship to ship and day to day. At least, that has been my experience.

I think that the regular Princess coffee is certainly drinkable. I use the card for special coffees and sometimes for special teas instead of going to the regular tea time. I hope Princess will extend the coffe card to be used for gelato.

We could use the coffee card for gelato on the Royal.. I'm guessing the Regal is the same.

On the both the Royal and Regal there is a specialty coffee station in the Pastry area in the buffet. So if you don't mind paying, or if you have a coffee card or the All Inclusve package, you can get a very good coffee, or cappuccino, or espresso, etc. in the buffet. No need to go to the International Cafe.

14322215603_4920d7db91_z.jpg

I agree that the Buffet and MDR coffee is fine. If I bought a coffee card, it would be for the specialty coffees only.

Do you know if decaf is generally available in these venues? Or will I need to go to the IC or elsewhere for it? Thanks in advance.

Do you know if decaf is generally available in these venues? Or will I need to go to the IC or elsewhere for it? Thanks in advance.

Decaf is always available at all venues where regular or designer coffee is available.