Irrational Things about Celebrity

parallax

Our cruise on the Millenium was cancelled because of the Azipod problem last September.................what does the floor tile in the buffet look like...................curious.................also can't wait to see those ants on the Solstice on our September AK cruise.............they don't have those on the Eclipse or Silhouette

Thanks

Ok, the truly funniest part of the room on Deck 5 of The Solstice that CRUISINGDELT described lies in its name (shows that someone at Celebrity has a great sense of humour)

It is the Ante Room to the Specialty Dining Restaurants...

The decor is different art installations on each of the S-Class Ships (not sure what it would have been on The Eclipse or Silhouette... Maybe someone else knows... But the room / fancy hallway does exist on those ships too)

As for the M-Class Ships... In the Buffet area there are areas in the sitting area (sides) where the floor is glass in the cantilevered part of the ship over the ocean. The first time we came across one, Mr Sloop was a tad freaked out as it was unexpected. Lucky for him it was MY CHAIR that was on it... Cause if it had been his he might have had a heart attack !! (He has a fear of heights)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Ok, the truly funniest part of the room on Deck 5 of The Solstice that CRUISINGDELT described lies in its name (shows that someone at Celebrity has a great sense of humour)

It is the Ante Room to the Specialty Dining Restaurants...

The decor is different art installations on each of the S-Class Ships (not sure what it would have been on The Eclipse or Silhouette... Maybe someone else knows... But the room / fancy hallway does exist on those ships too)

As for the M-Class Ships... In the Buffet area there are areas in the sitting area (sides) where the floor is glass in the cantilevered part of the ship over the ocean. The first time we came across one, Mr Sloop was a tad freaked out as it was unexpected. Lucky for him it was MY CHAIR that was on it... Cause if it had been his he might have had a heart attack !! (He has a fear of heights)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I love the idea of ants in the ante room. I'm going to have to cruise on Solstice just for that! :p

Just so no one gets confused, Celebrity does not do MUTS.

They did on our Summit cruise two weeks ago. One evening, we watched Frozen up on the back of Deck 12 in that big unused space. It was very popular. There was a second scheduled movie night, but it moved into the theater because of weather.

I think it's irrational and confusing to use the same terms "Premium" "Classic" "Specialty" over and over again. The Classic beverage program includes Premium Drinks. The Premium program includes Specialty Drinks.

It's also irrational and confusing to use the same terms over and over for different promotions "1-2-3 Go" "Pick Your Perk" with different rules in different years. It would have been so much better to name them something like "2013 Cruise Packages" "2014 Cruise Packages" so we wouldn't have to try to keep track of which particular T&C applied to each booking.

Ditto ... and I think most cruise lines are guilty of this!!

Yeah, those darn ants creep me out. I want to get the spray out.

The "Black Room" with the ants and the sound of crickets is the best entry of the bunch.. Totally unique and memorable...

I think that the point was that the OP was complaining about a feature Celebrity doesn't even have, like complaining about MUTS which it also doesn't have, or complaining about the Celebrity ice skating rink, or the Celebrity planetarium

or a working website... ;)

And they were missing on the Westerdam in December....I didn't know what day it was, lol.

Love this light thread!

Wow that's good to know! I had heard HAL had them and having cruised with HAL before and completely missed them, I went looking on the Westerdam in June. None to be seen. Now that this OP has said the days of the week are on Celebrity too, I thought I must really be losing my observational skills. Either that or I just don't want to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now that this OP has said the days of the week are on Celebrity too, I thought I must really be losing my observational skills. Either that or I just don't want to know!

The OP made that observation by remembering neither the ship nor the cruise line with the calendar.

Celebrity has as many free passenger laundry facilities as the "observed" day mats... ;)

Edited by ~Cruisenut~