Irrational Things about Celebrity

parallax

3 cruises in the Silhouette and can confirm that they do have the days of the week on the floor of the lifts -------- then again I'm only 5ft tall so must be closer to the ground than some others. :):D

PS Just checked with tall hubby who says that they don't ----- I think I'm right, but am now very confused.

Edited by Presto2
confused

3 cruises in the Silhouette and can confirm that they do have the days of the week on the floor of the lifts -------- then again I'm only 5ft tall so must be closer to the ground than some others. :):D

PS Just checked with tall hubby who says that they don't ----- I think I'm right, but am now very confused.

IF Silhouette has it then it was added sometime after Sept 2011....:eek:

Ok, I will be honest that I did not see the focus of the discussion devolving into what is on the carpet in the Celebrity elevator. The moderator should feel to free to shutdown this post because it has no redeeming value ;). That being said there is a chance that I'm right and all the so called Celebrity experts are wrong.:p I will bring back photographic proof and denounce all you upon my triumphant return.

I disembarked silhouette a few weeks ago after 15 nights and I can assure you that there were NO days of the week floor mats anywhere!!! I have sailed 6 or 7 Celebrity ships and never once seen them. I think people are getting confused.

One of my favorite things on the ships are the sayings on the plaques over the urinals in the mens room of the S class ships. Additionally, I also feel self conscious for some reason in the urinals with the large windows looking out to the ocean. Always feel like someone is watching.

Took a picture of the sayings to show wife what they are.

I disembarked silhouette a few weeks ago after 15 nights and I can assure you that there were NO days of the week floor mats anywhere!!! I have sailed 6 or 7 Celebrity ships and never once seen them. I think people are getting confused.

Ditto from us who were on Silhouette last week. Nor did we see stains, but I'm 6'3" and have lousy eyesight so I wouldn't see any, besides I'm too busy having fun and enjoying the sights.

Celebrity Irrational.......NEVER.

OK, here's a few.

Bistro on 5 is only $7 while the disappointing Qsine with no menu's is $45 ??? What??

How about the Aqua Class rooms that are located under the gym??

You can only catch a Sin City Show at 11:30, like fast comedy only arrives late at night.

Watching the seniors get pissed off in the Internet Café.

The echo's heard in the deserted Molecular Bar.

The price of the Cabana's.

One of my favorite things on the ships are the sayings on the plaques over the urinals in the mens room of the S class ships. Additionally, I also feel self conscious for some reason in the urinals with the large windows looking out to the ocean. Always feel like someone is watching.

Took a picture of the sayings to show wife what they are.

OMG!!! That reminds me...my hubs used the mens room outside of the Blu restaurant so I sat down and waited for him...I didn't realize that men actually stand and chat while relieving themselves...I thought that was only in the movies...anyways, I hear my hubs say "boy you have your hands full"...:eek::eek::eek:......the other guy was talking about having 5 kids with him.

Edited by 20pluscruises

On deck 5, starboard when walking from the aft restaurants there is a room you pass through that is dark, with a simulated trail of large gold ants in the floor. This always cracks me up. Also love the see through floor tile in the cafeteria on deck 10 of the Millenium class ships.

HAL ships not only include the day of the week, they also include what year you're cruising.

Given the perceived demographics on board HAl I can totally understand this. A week is a ling time lol:D Just having fun ok

Edited by Christine Frances

OMG!!! That reminds me...my hubs used the mens room outside of the Blu restaurant so I sat down and waited for him...I didn't realize that men actually stand and chat while relieving themselves...I thought that was only in the movies...anyways, I hear my hubs say "boy you have your hands full"...:eek::eek::eek:......the other guy was talking about having 5 kids with him.

ODG...

this is the funniest post of the day!!:eek:

Our cruise on the Millenium was cancelled because of the Azipod problem last September.................what does the floor tile in the buffet look like...................curious.................also can't wait to see those ants on the Solstice on our September AK cruise.............they don't have those on the Eclipse or Silhouette

Wife and I are 3 star mariners on HAL...............you wouldn't believe how helpful those floor mats in the elevators are on their 14-15 day cruises!!! We ARE those demographics you mentioned

Thanks

On deck 5, starboard when walking from the aft restaurants there is a room you pass through that is dark, with a simulated trail of large gold ants in the floor. This always cracks me up. Also love the see through floor tile in the cafeteria on deck 10 of the Millenium class ships.
Edited by OBX-Cruisers

I think it's irrational and confusing to use the same terms "Premium" "Classic" "Specialty" over and over again. The Classic beverage program includes Premium Drinks. The Premium program includes Specialty Drinks.

It's also irrational and confusing to use the same terms over and over for different promotions "1-2-3 Go" "Pick Your Perk" with different rules in different years. It would have been so much better to name them something like "2013 Cruise Packages" "2014 Cruise Packages" so we wouldn't have to try to keep track of which particular T&C applied to each booking.

Yeah...the days of the week on the floor of the elevator is definitely a RCL thing. It's ok at first...then it quickly becomes a hated thing when you realize you've started counting down the remaining days of your cruise. And they change those day inserts quickly too...right after midnight. Must be someone sitting in a room somewhere with a watch waiting to spring into action.

The OP reminded me that there's 2 sides to every decision - no matter what a line does, they won't please 100% of the people. (Not saying it's not a valid opinion - makes a lot of sense why you don't like it - just not one I'd thought of.) Personally, I really liked the days of the week there and thought it was kind of brilliant when I saw that on Royal Caribbean. First, they kept me grounded in time - it drives me crazy (even on vacation) if I lose track of what day it is. Second - it can help ground your photos if you take the photo each morning. So if you take photos you always know what day they're taken if you start the day off by taking a photo of the carpet. ;)

My own little minor "irrational" vent - when we booked our cruise 90 days out, late dining was full. The waiting list was so long they wouldn't let us even put our name on that. So we had no choice but select (early was also full, but we don't want that, so not a big deal). So to me the seemingly irrational part is that if demand on this ship for scheduled dining is so great, why not convert some of the select dining to scheduled dining?

Irrational Things About Celebrity - only the Celebrity website.

There is nothing rational nor even working very well for very long about the Celebrity website. Celebrity's website has probably created more Princess customers than management can ever imagine.

:mad::p:mad:

The UK website now works differently to the US one [we used to be taken to the US site for bookings and, believe me, it CAN get worse than the US website]. This morning it is IMPOSSIBLE to use the booking form on the home page. It is difficult to enter all the necessary details and you just cannot get to the "search" button at all [and just hitting enter does nothing]. If you persevere and find another way of booking, you get an error. At the moment, even the persistent and ingenious cannot book from the UK.

[Apologies, I know that this is not in the spirit of the thread but I had to vent somewhere!]

Edited by Project_gal

• 2 months later...

Just got back from a cruise on the Constellation recently and had to find this thread to add a few things, yes they're all related to the bathrooms haha:

-at least in aqua class, on the toilet paper roll there is an obnoxious metal part which makes it hard to use the toilet paper.

-I found it really annoying that if you lock the bathroom door, you have to unlock it to get out, I would prefer if you can just turn the handle and the lock unlocks (same thing in the public stalls)

Super irrational! hahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie115 View Post

Movies Under The Seas...(or something like that....)

MUTS=Movies Under the Stars. It's a feature on Princess that has its own controversy.

Wow - Under the Seas could be new idea - a screen under water that they could sell scuba excursions to watch.

Under the Stars is so last year...

You guys are probably right but the majority of my cruises have been on Celebrity. Maybe I suffered a concussion when I hit one of the dispensers or enjoyed one too many beverages from the drink package. Also, I find it hard to believe that everyone isn't looking down at the carpet to see the stains, rips etc. that are reported by our fellow members. :)
Seems we are too busy having a great time to notice or maybe it is that we are just not looking for it!!!

Ok, I will be honest that I did not see the focus of the discussion devolving into what is on the carpet in the Celebrity elevator. The moderator should feel to free to shutdown this post because it has no redeeming value ;). That being said there is a chance that I'm right and all the so called Celebrity experts are wrong.:p I will bring back photographic proof and denounce all you upon my triumphant return.

You may be right but I doubt it. I'm a very observant person and in all my years on Celebrity ships, I don't recall ever seeing days of the week in the elevators.

Celebrity offers Riedel wine glass tastings showing how bad the "joker" glasses are, and then they use the "joker" glasses in the MDR. I was pleased to see that the glasses were slightly better in the MDR on the Solstice last year, but they were still a far cry from Riedel.