Irrational Things about Celebrity

parallax

I have found the boards to be a little vicious lately, lots of sniping among the posters, so I thought I might try to lighten the mood. There are somethings I like and don't like about Celebrity but the reasons I feel that way are silly, stupid or lack a rational basis.

For example, I hate the fact that they have the days of the week on the floor of the elevators. I'm not sure why I have such a negative reaction when I see it but maybe it is because it reminds me that I will be a cruising only for a finite period of time. As a result, I usually take the stairs.

I dislike the hand sanitizer dispensers. Although I know the importance and the need for the dispensers, I tend to walk into one each day.

Not sure why but I hate the player pianos-- although I believe that they have been phased out on Celebrity.

I get giddy the first day to on the ship have soft serve ice cream-- although there is a local place and others we frequent that are much better.

I like the Canapes even though half of them are not really good or identifiable.

For example, I hate the fact that they have the days of the week on the floor of the elevators. I'm not sure why I have such a negative reaction when I see it but maybe it is because it reminds me that I will be a cruising only for a finite period of time. As a result, I usually take the stairs.

I've never seen that on Celebrity. Only on HAL.

You guys are probably right but the majority of my cruises have been on Celebrity. Maybe I suffered a concussion when I hit one of the dispensers or enjoyed one too many beverages from the drink package. Also, I find it hard to believe that everyone isn't looking down at the carpet to see the stains, rips etc. that are reported by our fellow members. :)

Now I temper my comment with this tidbit, last Nov the wifester and I had a 10-11 page sea pass bill;) on the Reflection, but I do seem to remember in the lifts there was an insert on the floor, that had the day of the week on it. But that was a few months ago:D

I find it very funny reading some of the reports on here. You would think every Celebrity boat has sunk to the bottom of the ocean the way some people writw up their comments.

I think several critics on here don't have time to enjoy cruising or enjoy being out at sea as they are out investigating whether there is a 1mm stain outside room 3010 or maybe the sushi doesn't look right or maybe there is not enough towels or wait maybe they missed the 1mm stain on desk 9. Oh my - my cruise had ended and I'm not finished counting stains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

You guys are probably right but the majority of my cruises have been on Celebrity. Maybe I suffered a concussion when I hit one of the dispensers or enjoyed one too many beverages from the drink package. Also, I find it hard to believe that everyone isn't looking down at the carpet to see the stains, rips etc. that are reported by our fellow members. :)

Probably couldnt see the carpet for bodies sprawled across the floor after hitting the drinks dispensers and drinks from the packages or Wallie's sea pass bill.

Now I temper my comment with this tidbit, last Nov the wifester and I had a 10-11 page sea pass bill;) on the Reflection, but I do seem to remember in the lifts there was an insert on the floor, that had the day of the week on it. But that was a few months ago:D

All that Art work Wallie's been buying left nothing for the rest of us

I find it very funny reading some of the reports on here. You would think every Celebrity boat has sunk to the bottom of the ocean the way some people writw up their comments.

I think several critics on here don't have time to enjoy cruising or enjoy being out at sea as they are out investigating whether there is a 1mm stain outside room 3010 or maybe the sushi doesn't look right or maybe there is not enough towels or wait maybe they missed the 1mm stain on desk 9. Oh my - my cruise had ended and I'm not finished counting stains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I think a legit complaint...stains on sheets and mold stains in the shower.

Irrational Things About Celebrity - only the Celebrity website.

There is nothing rational nor even working very well for very long about the Celebrity website. Celebrity's website has probably created more Princess customers than management can ever imagine.

:mad::p:mad:

The OP must be a Royal cruiser too...ALL their ships have the days of the weeks on the floor of the elevators....we've been on all X ships except Infinity and Reflection and they weren't on any of them....

Agree about the hand sanitizers but for different reasons.....WASHING your hands is much more effective and I'm not allergic to soap...very tired of getting the evil eye from fellow cruisers because I won't use the hand sanitizer....which causes my hands to break out horribly.....

We like the canapés too...although they are more recognizable these days....its just a little "something" that reminds you of how lucky you are to be on a ship....

The welcome champagne/mimosa is a wonderful touch too...

I bet most of the negative posters could actually list a LOT more they like than don't about X....I know I can!!! :)

Edited by Gracie115

Movies Under The Seas...(or something like that....:))

MUTS=Movies Under the Stars. It's a feature on Princess that has its own controversy.

Edited by Orator

The single most irrational thing :

Prepaid gratuities for select dining, not scheduled dining.

That's highly rational. I've asked several RMs and HDs about this. They tell me that it was difficult to get the Staff to work Select prior to the prepaid tips in Select since the tipping pattern was quite different than Traditional. In traditional people developed a relationship with their servers and usually tipped accordingly. Most in Select did not develop a relationship with servers and also tipped accordingly. Select is considered more difficult to work since tables tend to turn more quickly and the RM want the best waiters there. A guaranteed tip amount makes select more desirable. Next time you are in Select just ask the waiter how many give an additional tip.

I have been on RCI 3 times but is has been over a decade. Maybe I saw when I was on the Eurodam 3 years ago but I thought I saw it on the Summit last spring. When I'm on the Silhouette in 3 weeks I will report back that I was wrong.

A number of lines, including Carnival and Disney, show movies over the pool area; however, "MUTS" is a term coined by Princess. Can be nice on a warm evening, but many find it annoying when the system is on during the day.