Can anyone tell me about Brest in Brittany France

sunsetbeachgal

I don't think I mentioned in my post Terry that these amazing stone formations are in a place called Carnac - if I did, please forgive the repetition. Brittany or "Bretagne" is fascinating and unique - as yet another marvelous region of France - very much worth a land visit. For some reason, it had me thinking of Biarritz, further south along the Atlantic coast of France (not in Brittany) but once a popular seaside holiday town for Americans and Europeans though I don't think so anymore. I believe Coco Chanel used to go there! Anyway - glad to provide a bit of helpful info on Bretagne - I'm sure you'll enjoy it quite a lot :)

Great to have this additional information from Colleen. Keep it coming. Wonderful sharing. Below is a visual for a couple of the books that I got recently from our local library and have been checking/reading. Lots of nice pictures, details, options, etc. Much research to do!! Personally, it's nice to have today's books with more and better charts, graphics, visuals images, maps, building cut-aways, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 167,671 views for this posting.

DecTravel2016A%20027_zpsf2iuvdnb.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

• 1 month later...
cider is abundant

A friend of ours was offered some Calvados and thought it was Cider, so he knocked it back. He got rather squiffy.

The cheese is good to. We loved the sea food. We were in Normandy, but we did have one day when we drove into Brittany.

• 11 months later...
A friend of ours was offered some Calvados and thought it was Cider, so he knocked it back. He got rather squiffy.

The cheese is good to. We loved the sea food. We were in Normandy, but we did have one day when we drove into Brittany.

Any recent updates? Kazu, did you find anything?

Any recent updates? Kazu, did you find anything?

I did. We arranged a private transfer to go to Quimper with 4 hours in Quimper and with enough time left over to enjoy a bit of Brest. We'll be back in plenty of time to enjoy her lovely port and savour some of the flavour.

• 3 weeks later...
I did. We arranged a private transfer to go to Quimper with 4 hours in Quimper and with enough time left over to enjoy a bit of Brest. We'll be back in plenty of time to enjoy her lovely port and savour some of the flavour.

We will be in Brest in Sep 2019 and would also appreciate knowing what tour company we can use to visit Quimper.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much for the link. Since we will be visiting both of those towns next year it is most helpful.

We did not take a tour in either town. We just took the shuttle to the city center and walked around on our own. Had a really nice time!

We did not take a tour in either town. We just took the shuttle to the city center and walked around on our own. Had a really nice time!

I am kind of leaning that way too. I do enjoy walking around the towns in France. They are so pretty and enjoyable to experience.

Could you please let me know the company you are using for your tour? We will be there on May 1st which only makes things more difficult. We wanted to rent a car but the only car rental that we can find is located at the airport and is quite a distance. We would prefer to find a tour operator that offers a day trip to Quimper. We contacted a private taxi and it would be 300 E for a return trip and that is just the drive(no actual tour info would be provided to us). Seems too much. NCL offers a 4 hour tour, but only gives you 2 hours in Quimper, rest is driving to and from. We really want to visit Quimper, it looks charming