Do all travel documents mention Explore4?

LindaM

I just printed our documents. There is a section on Explore4. The first sentence states" We look forward to welcoming you on board and encourage you to fully enjoy your Explore4/Signature Beverage pkg and specialty dinner".

I am assuming everyone gets this page. We didn't book the package as our fare would have been a lot higher for that promo code.

Why would HAL do this and confuse people???

I just printed our documents. There is a section on Explore4. The first sentence states" We look forward to welcoming you on board and encourage you to fully enjoy your Explore4/Signature Beverage pkg and specialty dinner".

I am assuming everyone gets this page. We didn't book the package as our fare would have been a lot higher for that promo code.

I had explore4 on my last cruise and didn't get this on my documents.

hmm - interesting. wonder if HAL mucked up and are giving it to you - wouldn't that be a treat. My express docs are not ready yet - but it sure sounds like you have it from that wording ????

You know if I call HAL tomorrow, I will get a different answer from every rep. I speak with!! I think it took 3 tries before I finally got the correct answer about verandah's qualifying for double days! I emailed someone...maybe I should see if I can find that address on the HAL site. Unless someone here knows about this.

I didn't care about Explore4, but I would be excited to get free wine!! I am one of the few people who can drink their house wine. I have inexpensive tastes! DH as well!

Linda, I just checked we just off the Zuiderdam on Saturday and did have the Explore 4 package. I certainly hope it is included because we really enjoyed it. The page you are talking about was page 11 of our Express docs. if you do have it and have any questions, I'd be glad to help out.

We had Explore4 on our recent cruise, and the page that you're referencing is the last page of what follows after you print your express boarding pass. I never print that extra stuff normally, but did this time because we did qualify for the package but it wasn't anywhere on the HAL invoice that our TA forwards to us. I assumed that it was in our docs because we got the package.

What is interesting is that after the promo period expired, the price for our room category went up.

Linda, I just checked we just off the Zuiderdam on Saturday and did have the Explore 4 package. I certainly hope it is included because we really enjoyed it. The page you are talking about was page 11 of our Express docs. if you do have it and have any questions, I'd be glad to help out.

Welcome home. Are you planning your next visit to Alaska yet?

We are supposed to get explorer 4, but I can't remember what it includes. Could you please refresh my memory.

It depends on your itinerary, but it always includes a free night in the Pinnacle. It either includes a $50 fixed value beverage card, or a Signature Beverage Package card. Cards are per adult traveling in the cabin with a maximum of two cards.

We had Explore4 on our recent cruise, and the page that you're referencing is the last page of what follows after you print your express boarding pass. I never print that extra stuff normally, but did this time because we did qualify for the package but it wasn't anywhere on the HAL invoice that our TA forwards to us. I assumed that it was in our docs because we got the package.

What is interesting is that after the promo period expired, the price for our room category went up.

When you got on the ship, did you have something in your cabin that stated you had it? How do the Bar stewards know you have it?

Thanks for your reponse! Mine (about Explore4) was page 18, because we got the Platinum Insurance, so there were pages on that. In that case, they did only mention the Platinum and not the other. I'm hoping Explore4 got included, but that would be pretty lucky. Who knows...we didn't deal with our regular TA this time.

When you got on the ship, did you have something in your cabin that stated you had it? How do the Bar stewards know you have it?

If you have it, the E4 SBP cards will be in your stateroom when you board. You need both your room card and the SBP card for the first time you use the SBP to activate it. After that first use, you only need the SBP to order your drinks.

I didn't print anything beyond my boarding pass so don't know if there was an additional page of information for the E4 promo for my cruise.

Here's hoping you get it. There's nothing like drinking on HAL, even if you don't drink a lot!!

Not quite "always".

If you are in an inside cabin, the free dinner is in Canaletto.

I really need to start checking with you before I post. ;) First, the two bottles of wine thing, now this.

If you have it, the E4 SBP cards will be in your stateroom when you board. You need both your room card and the SBP card for the first time you use the SBP to activate it. After that first use, you only need the SBP to order your drinks.

I didn't print anything beyond my boarding pass so don't know if there was an additional page of information for the E4 promo for my cruise.

Here's hoping you get it. There's nothing like drinking on HAL, even if you don't drink a lot!!

I think we do have it....and didn't realize it. We originally booked a Black Sea Prinsendam Cruise that Jacqui is taking. When Explore4 came out, we were already booked, but would have had to pay a premium to get that package. Fast forward a few months.....we decided to cancel that cruise and go to Iceland instead. I am sure the promotion never crossed my mind, nor did the Big Box TA mention it. I found that the promotion ended Nov. 15. I am quite sure we booked Iceland before that time! I never compared cruise fares as no one has ever beaten this agency. Well...DH is more than thrilled. I probably paid more for this cruise than I should have, had I inquired about a price without Explore4.

The cards were in our stateroom when we embarked. I did find out that the cards demagnetize rather easily when placed near a magnetic source (the clasp on my purse) and I did have to replace the card as well as the small bag that I'd purchased for the cruise. My room key was unaffected.

Hopefully you'll get card - it's the best promo that HAL has offered in quite some time. I used it for cocktails, beer, specialty coffees, pop and bottled water.

We had Explore4, then rebooked to a lower fare under the almost identical "Above and Beyond" package. Our Express Docs do have a page specifically about the Above and Beyond benefits. I would guess the benefits page is specific to the passenger and promotion, and that you do indeed have the Explore4 on your reservation.

We originally booked a Sept. 2014 cruise on the Volendam which included the Explore4 promotion. We did receive notification from Hal with our invoice that we indeed had the Explore4 promotion. We then rebooked to take advantage of the "Above and Beyond" promotion too. We do not as yet have our express documents, so will be looking for that information.

Thanks for the replies. I guess we have it. I wish I could remember if it was mentioned at booking. I called back a few times when sales were going on/prices lowered and it was never mentioned that I could get a lower price without Explore4---which I assume I intitially declined. But...who knows???? Too late now to worry about it.