Caribbean Princess

Meatman1

Can anyone tell me why there are very few postings about the ship I will be traveling on (Caribbean Princess)?

I see all kinds of postings for Princess ships except CP.

Is there something wrong with this ship or is because it is a GREAT ship?

Just wondering.

It's purely random. Princess has 18 ships, meaning pretty high odds against any one ship having tons of active threads at any one time. Was there some specific information you were seeking about the CB (not CP, that's a whole different ship. Which has even fewer active threads than the CB, so aren't you glad you're not on her . . . )?

Can anyone tell me why there are very few postings about the ship I will be traveling on (Caribbean Princess)?

I see all kinds of postings for Princess ships except CP.

Is there something wrong with this ship or is because it is a GREAT ship?

Just wondering.

You'll see few postings for the CP which is the Sea Princess if you've been doing a search for "CP." The Sea Princess is an older ship that sails primarily in Australia. Do a search for posts on the "CB" which is the 2-letter Princess abbreviation for the Caribbean Princess.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess. I don't know what CB is.

No I am not looking for any specific information, just watching the boards and I never see anything posted about the Caribbean Princess ship.

Just funny.

CB is the abbreviation for the Caribbean Princess....if you enter CB in search this forum on the princess board, you will find tons of info...we are sailing on her in three weeks and I hav efound several very helpful and recent reviews on here.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess. I don't know what CB is.

No I am not looking for any specific information, just watching the boards and I never see anything posted about the Caribbean Princess ship.

Just funny.

There's one thread on page 1 here and if you go to page 2, there are four additional current threads, all with "Caribbean Princess" in the title.

I'd copy and paste links, but I'm feeling too lazy.

The CP is a great ship. I have been on it twice and we are going again in Sept.

I believe it was the last of the Grand Class Ships built with a lounge that was built over the aft pool. (very cool)

I also believe its more for the younger crowd vs. the new Royal and Regel.

I just read some improvements/updated just took place.

Sail On :cool:

We just got off the Caribbean Princess (CB is the abbreviation not CP) on saturday and thought the ship was in great condition and our group of 12 had an amazing time.

A couple people in our group had an interior room (everyone else had mini suites) and they complained about how uncomfortable their beds were, but that was about the only thing we had issue with.

If I am not mistaken, "CP" is the Crown Princess, while "CB" is the Caribbean!

They had to differentiate between the two ships whose names begin witn a "C".

As for why so little posted re: cruises on the CB .... some roll calls are VERY active, some are practically dead in the water (pun intended!) There seems to be no rhyme or reason for why this is true, but it is no reflection on the ship or the itinerary. It seems to be just how many excited or interested cruises there are on CC for that particular cruise.

I am booked on the CB for August for a B2B, and neither roll call is active. I am also booked for a cruise in January 2015, and it has a very busy roll call already .Oh well ..... That's just the way it is.

There are a lot of threads on the CB. You just need to be willing to go back a few pages of threads on drink packages and dress codes (everyone's favorite subects) to find them.

At one point when when the CB came out of drydock (just a few short weeks ago) there were 5 threads on the same page regarding the CB.

I've sailed on the Caribbean Princess a couple of times and will be on her in March 2015. Great ship. All my cruises have been on Grand class Princess ships and I love the layout. Not really tempted to try Regal or Royal, missing some features I like. You will certainly enjoy this ship. :)

Sea Princess = CP

Caribbean Princess = CB

Coral Princess = CO

Crown Princess = KP

These are the 2-letter abbreviations that Princess uses, not something made up here on CC. Go to the Princess website and click on "Ships" and then the individual ship. The abbreviation is in the URL.

Thanks Pam for all the information. I was snooping around your photos and man o man, you have some great shots. And the Africa pics. I wish I could fit into your camera case and come along with you.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Pam for all the information. I was snooping around your photos and man o man, you have some great shots. And the Africa pics. I wish I could fit into your camera case and come along with you.
The safari was so awesome, my friend and I have booked it again for 2015. :)

I've sailed on the Caribbean Princess a couple of times and will be on her in March 2015. Great ship. All my cruises have been on Grand class Princess ships and I love the layout. Not really tempted to try Regal or Royal, missing some features I like. You will certainly enjoy this ship. :)

Thanks so much for your good thoughts on this class of ships!

I appreciate!

The CP is a great ship.Is has a lounge that was built over the aft pool. (very cool)

We just sailed on her in April and loved it. The ONLY thing that I didn't like is that the lounge overhead shades the aft pool (adults only) and the water is very cold compared to the Grand and Crown which we have also sailed.

We just sailed on her in April and loved it. The ONLY thing that I didn't like is that the lounge overhead shades the aft pool (adults only) and the water is very cold compared to the Grand and Crown which we have also sailed.

Perhaps they need warmer itineraries or heat the water for that pool. :D