1st time with Princess - Coral Princess

firerunner

Hi everyone!

So we booked wayyyyyyyyyyy in advance for the Coral Princess, to do Panama Canal. I need a HC room and we are really picky on the rooms we like hence the forever away booking (I do have a suite on Carnival Conquest book for nov !!)

So anything I should really know? I have been reading and reading and the only thing I haven't found an answer to is HOT CHOCOLATE!!

Some say it is included with the coffee card others say not..regardless what is the cost of it?

ok I Lied so I have more questions

does Princess send me a special Needs form of some kind? (I use a wheel chair)

Can we bring water and soda on the ship?

Is their a place I can go to find out if any ports are tendered?

Ice Cream - pay or free? Husband loves his ice cream cones (soft serve type)

Anything else I should be aware of?

I am counting down the days!!

Hi everyone!

So we booked wayyyyyyyyyyy in advance for the Coral Princess, to do Panama Canal. I need a HC room and we are really picky on the rooms we like hence the forever away booking (I do have a suite on Carnival Conquest book for nov !!)

So anything I should really know? I have been reading and reading and the only thing I haven't found an answer to is HOT CHOCOLATE!!

Some say it is included with the coffee card others say not..regardless what is the cost of it?

Can we bring water and soda on the ship?

Yes

Is their a place I can go to find out if any ports are tendered?

Tender ports should be listed on your iteniary

Its free at the counter near the pools

Anything else I should be aware of?

Check out this site....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Hi everyone!

!!

No. You don't need a special needs form. You will just have to attest to need when you fill out the personalizer. If you are already booked, you should already have done that. Or your TA did it for you.

Hot chocolate has always been included in the coffee card, but I recently heard it was not any longer. This is just heresay.

On the Coral Princess the free soft serve ice cream bar is located at the covered Lotus Pool. It's a bit hard to find the first time. But it has good vanilla, chocolate or swirl cones and is usually open from 11AM until 10 or 11PM.

7372424402_8b185b11af_c.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7441396816_ed541bf379_c.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7390969826_85b6d0b4f2_c.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Hi everyone!

So anything I should really know? I have been reading and reading and the only thing I haven't found an answer to is HOT CHOCOLATE!!- They had it on the Island last summer

Some say it is included with the coffee card others say not..regardless what is the cost of it? It was last year.

does Princess send me a special Needs form of some kind? (I use a wheel chair) They ask I believe when booking or registering

Can we bring water and soda on the ship? Yes

Is their a place I can go to find out if any ports are tendered? Should be on your itinery

Ice Cream - pay or free? Husband loves his ice cream cones (soft serve type) They had free cones on Island last summer.

Anything else I should be aware of? If you like fresh brewed coffee or specialty coffees, a coffee card-costs about $33 for 15 specialty and unlimited brewed coffee for the cruise. The 15 specialty are good until used (can be kept for future cruises and used for either specialty or brewed) the fresh brewed without a punch is good only for the cruise it is purchased for.

We also have purchased small bottles of hard liquor prior to sailing for not a bad price. We love Princess! Although I have sailed on the Coral, the Island is her sister ship and it was great! We were on deck 8 midship. A card room, library and the internet room right there. We loved it! Although hard to see, I did type some replies in your text! Sorry, not sure how to make them stand out!

Edited by sept10dsm

Regarding hot chocolate I don't know the official rule, however on Golden a couple of months ago, on fixed seating I ordered it several times at dinner with no problem.

However, one evening we all had to go 'casual dining', and when I ordered it I was told that there was a charge. I politely informed the waiter that I always had it free of charge, and gave my table #.

Two minutes later it came at no charge.

john

I was just on the Coral and frequently asked for hot chocolate in the Horizon Court. Breakfast lunch or dinner the server brought me some no charge. But that may be because it was sailing in Alaska.

Thanks everyone for you help, sorry for the delay in thanking you, we just found out our 11 year old viszula dog is dying, we only have a few days left with her so I have been slow in replying.

the person with the flickr photos OMG gorgeous and the deck plan was great!

I do have a few more question but for now my focus is on my Bella dog.

We also have purchased small bottles of hard liquor prior to sailing for not a bad price. We love Princess! Although I have sailed on the Coral, the Island is her sister ship and it was great! We were on deck 8 midship. A card room, library and the internet room right there. We loved it! Although hard to see, I did type some replies in your text! Sorry, not sure how to make them stand out!

Just highlight them and change the color.:):)

OP sorry about your Bella. They are members of the family.

You can also get ice cream for free in the main dining rooms at dinner (maybe lunch too). Usually an assortment of the regular (chocolate, etc) and homemade flavors.

If you want an ice cream sundae for dessert, feel free to ask for that night's special flavor...you do not have to stick with vanilla or chocolate.

If you want an ice cream sundae for dessert, feel free to ask for that night's special flavor...you do not have to stick with vanilla or chocolate.

You can even have the Volcano made with the evening's special flavor(s).

• 3 weeks later...

So very sorry for your loss - what a beautiful girl.

It's so difficult to lose a beloved pet, but hopefully in time you'll

remember more of the joy she brought to you rather than the pain

of the loss.

God Bless!