Dancing on Allure?

I'm finally taking the plunge and trying the Allure in a few weeks. I'm really excited, but wonder what, if any, dancing I'll find on board -- are there any decent size dance floors in the lounges? What kind of music is played -- ballroom, latin, other? I hope my dance shoes won't sit in my luggage for a week! I would really appreciate hearing from other dancer cruisers!!!

Dazzles was great. Mainly pop, however. There were 2 ladies in the Viking Crown Lounge. Some nights there music was good, others we stayed about 5 minutes. The Glow party was good, too. Had some pretty good music.

Lots of opportunity to dance. Boleros is the latin dance music club on deck 5. Blazes downstairs on deck 4 is the night club for dancing. There is a jazz bar on 4 with live music. Live music up in viking crown lounge. at least one night the solarium is turned into an adults only dance club. There are various line dance and dance instruction classes during day time. There is the 70's dance party.

I am certain this is not comprehensive, but you will find plenty of places to dance to various music types.

I'm finally taking the plunge and trying the Allure in a few weeks. I'm really excited, but wonder what, if any, dancing I'll find on board -- are there any decent size dance floors in the lounges? What kind of music is played -- ballroom, latin, other? I hope my dance shoes won't sit in my luggage for a week! I would really appreciate hearing from other dancer cruisers!!!

Don't build up your expectations too much.

In a word, dancing on the Allure was disappointing, 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

The ambiance and dance floor are often not conducive to dancing.

Here is a summary:

On deck, poolside Caribbean music, no real dance floor, during the day rarely see more than two people dancing solo at any time.

Bolero, Latin dance music, brightly lit, smokey and noisy bar area, maybe five couples at a time on the floor.

Blaze nightclub, very loud hip-hop type music. Hardly anyone dancing whenever we passed by. Maybe after 12:30 a.m. it was busier. I never checked.

Viking Crown Lounge, small dance floor, music duo, willing to play your special requests. DW & I danced here on four nights; most times we were the only couple dancing and three couples were the most at any time. Very small crowd in the lounge.

Dazzles nightclub - probably your best bet. We danced here many times. Either a band or the DJ will be playing. You hear a lot of popular party type music (pop, r&b, r&r, disco, slow). You'll find stretches of about 45 minutes when the dance floor will be full to capacity and everyone having a really good time. Then they will stop for a really long break or to interject a game or trivia show, and the dancers will leave to check out the alternative venues.

While dancing is not a priority on the Allure, you'll find plenty of dancing opportunities. A lot depends on your fellow passengers and how active they are at the different dancing venues.

Sorry, I know you were hoping for a better report. It isn't just the Allure, I've also noticed a similar decline on other cruise ships too.

Thanks! Your various comments are very helpful, and it sounds as though there may be more dancing than I anticipated. I will definitely check out the venues you mentioned.

As far as dancing on cruise ships -- I normally go on Costa and have never been disappointed -- large dance floors, and musicians that play all kinds of dance music. The dance lounges usually alternate two musicians (couples, bands, trios, whatever) so there is never a break in music (unless a special program is happening in the lounge).

Don't build up your expectations too much.

In a word, dancing on the Allure was disappointing, 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

The ambiance and dance floor are often not conducive to dancing.

Here is a summary:

On deck, poolside Caribbean music, no real dance floor, during the day rarely see more than two people dancing solo at any time.

Bolero, Latin dance music, brightly lit, smokey and noisy bar area, maybe five couples at a time on the floor.

Blaze nightclub, very loud hip-hop type music. Hardly anyone dancing whenever we passed by. Maybe after 12:30 a.m. it was busier. I never checked.

Viking Crown Lounge, small dance floor, music duo, willing to play your special requests. DW & I danced here on four nights; most times we were the only couple dancing and three couples were the most at any time. Very small crowd in the lounge.

Dazzles nightclub - probably your best bet. We danced here many times. Either a band or the DJ will be playing. You hear a lot of popular party type music (pop, r&b, r&r, disco, slow). You'll find stretches of about 45 minutes when the dance floor will be full to capacity and everyone having a really good time. Then they will stop for a really long break or to interject a game or trivia show, and the dancers will leave to check out the alternative venues.

While dancing is not a priority on the Allure, you'll find plenty of dancing opportunities. A lot depends on your fellow passengers and how active they are at the different dancing venues.

Sorry, I know you were hoping for a better report. It isn't just the Allure, I've also noticed a similar decline on other cruise ships too.

No more smoking in Boleros.

• 1 month later...
You should NOT be able to smoke in Bolero.....so explain how it could be smokey.

Depends on when they cruised. Last November it was very smoky and actually bled out into the promenade. Smoking is no longer allowed, but it used to be.