Finding the name of a passenger?

Yesterday' date=' the OP posted to the roll call: Hi is anyone here named Michael and sailed the Caribbean princess? If so please message me because I met someone by that name and I would love to talk to him again :)

But hasn't gone on this site today to see if there's any answers. Maybe even thinks there's some PM ability on this site, but didn't bother to check this out.

We don't have any info other than this person says they were on this cruise and says he/she talked quite a bit to this Michael. If I was trying to track own someone that I had spent time with, I would have given some sort of physical description (approximate height, age range, race, hair color) and would have checked today for any info left on the roll call. We don't know anything about the OP (age, etc.).[/quote']

I would guess the OP is between the ages of 14 and 20.

This weekend, I plan to ask my 2.nieces, ages 15 & 20.(who have cruised some) what they're take is on this scenario.

It also might be that Michael is married and this was a fling for him. If so, he surely would not give out any way for her to find him.

also could be that Michael is not his real name, and if married , probably hasn't spent too much time thinking about the OP

:(

also could be that Michael is not his real name, and if married , probably hasn't spent too much time thinking about the OP

Interesting possibilities - a bit less dramatic than the instant impregnation or STD transmission theories -but still worthy of a "Jersey Shore" episode script.

Interesting possibilities - a bit less dramatic than the instant impregnation or STD transmission theories -but still worthy of a "Jersey Shore" episode script.

Back in my Naval Aviation days we had a fellow crew member that would give out the name of some other guy at the squadron when he met someone while deployed. That worked for him until one of his, um, dates called the squadron looking for Jim. That's when we all found out that he had been using other people's names and his wife kind of found out at the same time.

Or indeed a script from The Love Boat.... I'm sure I saw that episode.... :D

But why in the world do they put it there in the first place? It's not their business to identify who is staying in a PRIVATE room.

On another thread a couple of months ago it was revealed that Princess is the ONLY cruise line that does this. People reported that every other cruise line they cruised with don't.

Why shouldn't they put it there? It's only your name.

I take it you have no identifying names/numbers on your mailbox at home just in case someone found out you live at number 456, and your name is Smith?

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Creepy, stalking, pregnant, HIV, hitting on a minor ..........

Wow, there's some vivid imaginations out there.

The OP isn't a complete stranger to the cruise line. They have the OP's name, address, e-mail address, card details, perhaps even passport details & past cruising history.

So, Notentirely, I'm a sick SOB who sends an open letter via the cruise line to your 12-year-old daughter telling her that I want her and what I want to do to her.

Does that get me her contact details?

Or does cruise line get - & hand to the police - the written confession of a paedophile, plus his contact details?

And the OP makes a lousy stalker, a rank amateur. Asking for contact details in the first place would have made the stalking a lot easier.:rolleyes:

I sleep easy at night by not dreaming up such scenarios of doom - we're talking about simply forwarding an open letter, one that the recipient might want to receive, or can simply put in the bin along with the day's junk mail.

But there we go - different folk, different psyches. ;)

JB :)

One of the PP asked for a reason you wouldn't pass it on. I gave one. Sorry if I offended you. Just so you know, my minor daughter has had people contact her from the ship so it does happen whether you think so or not.

For the record, the OP never said they wanted to send a letter, open or not. You were the first one that suggested that. They only said they wanted to get in touch with this person... could have been email or a phone call. She never said. Then the cruise line would have no idea the content of her conversation.

Normally I enjoy your posts and trust your comments. I guess it's time to change my opinion.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Why shouldn't they put it there? It's only your name.

I take it you have no identifying names/numbers on your mailbox at home just in case someone found out you live at number 456, and your name is Smith?.

My mailbox is attached to my porch. No number or name label needed. I do have a number on the house. That let's people know what the address is, not who is living there. It's actually pretty foolish to have your name posted on your mailbox. It gives anyone enough knowledge about the residents to help them take advantage of you. Who knows what intentions these people may have?

Unlike the Facebook generation who seemingly could care less about protecting their privacy, I value mine and am not in the lease bit interested in my identity being shared by anyone for their personal gain. I don't go on a cruise to be part of a group. I go to enjoy myself with the people I am with. They are the only ones that need to know who I am. Beyond them, I will tell anyone else who I am on a case by case basis, at my discretion.

Do you have your name embroidered on your clothes so everyone knows who you are as you go about your daily life? Do you willingly identify yourself to everyone that walks by? If not, then you are being hypocritical. Then to you it's OK on a cruise ship, but not at home. How does that make any sense?

Edited by boogs

One of the PP asked for a reason you wouldn't pass it on. I gave one. Sorry if I offended you. Just so you know, my minor daughter has had people contact her from the ship so it does happen whether you think so or not.

For the record, the OP never said they wanted to send a letter, open or not. You were the first one that suggested that. They only said they wanted to get in touch with this person... could have been email or a phone call. She never said. Then the cruise line would have no idea the content of her conversation.

Normally I enjoy your posts and trust your comments. I guess it's time to change my opinion.

First of all, Notentirely, no offence taken. :)

But we're at cross-purposes here.

Nobody on this thread thinks the cruise line should pass on contact details.

I suggested sending the cruise line a letter to be forwarded because that is what is done in a variety of similar contexts, one of which I quoted - objective achieved, no grief, no drama.

Your response was directed not simply against revealing contact details, but against the forwarding of a letter - "My minor child gets a letter in the mail telling her how much the 35 YO wants her and what he wants to do to her" . I made the point that's not going to happen, and I gave the reasons.

Sorry, but nothing's changed, I still don't see the forwarding of an open letter as a breach of privacy, or as any real-world type of risk.

I see objections to receiving a forwarded request for contact, to names being put on cabin doors, etc as excessive caution. But there are folk on this thread on both sides of the argument, and as per my earlier post " there we go - different folk, different psyches. ;)"

I think it best we simply agree to disagree ;)

First of all, Notentirely, no offence taken. :)

But we're at cross-purposes here.

Nobody on this thread thinks the cruise line should pass on contact details.

I suggested sending the cruise line a letter to be forwarded because that is what is done in a variety of similar contexts, one of which I quoted - objective achieved, no grief, no drama.

Your response was directed not simply against revealing contact details, but against the forwarding of a letter - "My minor child gets a letter in the mail telling her how much the 35 YO wants her and what he wants to do to her" . I made the point that's not going to happen, and I gave the reasons.

Sorry, but nothing's changed, I still don't see the forwarding of an open letter as a breach of privacy, or as any real-world type of risk.

I see objections to receiving a forwarded request for contact, to names being put on cabin doors, etc as excessive caution. But there are folk on this thread on both sides of the argument, and as per my earlier post " there we go - different folk, different psyches. ;)"

I think it best we simply agree to disagree ;)

So, we are friends again?

This can be the case. And even if his real first name is Michael, it seems a bit naive for anyone to believe that they could contact the cruise line looking for someone who could or could not have this first name. Could or could not be from a specific country. As if the cruise line would have someone go through a list of passengers looking for a first name and country of origin. And then be willing to pass along info (or even bother with forwarding contact info to this person). And if this Michael is married (say he went on this cruise without his spouse), would he want the cruise line to contact him, at the risk of spouse (if there is one) finding the communique.

I used to watch the original Love Boat, and I imagine that elements of this scenario may have been covered by an episode or two.:D

Boy, this thread certainly has taken us for a ride into the Twilight Zone (apologies to the late great Rod Serling)! :eek:

Bottom line for the OP: This person you met on the ship knew (as did you) that the cruise would come to an end, and everyone would go their respective ways. The time for exchanging contact info was while you were on the ship. If the other passenger did not volunteer that personal information at the time, my guess is: there was a reason. Best just to let it go, now. :cool: