Just back June 8th from Millenium!!

MsB1254

We did the 6 night Celebrity pre cruise tour and then the southbound 7 night Millenium cruise leaving May 30th and finished with two nights in Vancouver. Each trip I do a Shutterfly photo books with everything we did and photos of what we saw. This year it ended up being two books - one for the land tour and one for the cruise and Vancouver. If anyone is planning this trip, I would be glad to share one or both books if you send me your e-mail address. The books took so much of my time - I have not done a review yet but both portions of the trip were fantastic in my opinion.

We did the 6 night Celebrity pre cruise tour and then the southbound 7 night Millenium cruise leaving May 30th and finished with two nights in Vancouver. Each trip I do a Shutterfly photo books with everything we did and photos of what we saw. This year it ended up being two books - one for the land tour and one for the cruise and Vancouver. If anyone is planning this trip, I would be glad to share one or both books if you send me your e-mail address. The books took so much of my time - I have not done a review yet but both portions of the trip were fantastic in my opinion.

Yes please...gradelady1952@yahoo.com😃

We are going on the Millenium southbound next June with a 5 night cruise tour first. Would love to hear some of your highlights on land and see :) And, what time of cabin were you in?

Thanks!

We were in a balcony cabin on the port side. I think on the land tour my favorite was the tour into Denali national park and on the cruise we did an ship excursion - the float plane and Taku lodge salmon feast that was the highlight for me.

I would be glad to share one or both books if you send me your e-mail address. The books took so much of my time - I have not done a review yet but both portions of the trip were fantastic in my opinion.

Hi, would be great to get your photos!! :)

My mail address: maxfrey26@gmail.com

Great that you had a nice vacation!

How did you like Millennium?? We plan to do our Alaska cruise in 2015 with Millennium as well.

Since we really liked Summit, we also should like Millennium.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Thank you for sending your album! Can I ask how you liked the hotels that Celebrity put you up in? We are doing the 5 day pre cruise tour next June, and just curious. What is the name of the hotel you stayed at in Denali?

Thank you for sending your album! Can I ask how you liked the hotels that Celebrity put you up in? We are doing the 5 day pre cruise tour next June, and just curious. What is the name of the hotel you stayed at in Denali?

Honestly, I thought they were fine. Certainly not four or five star by any means and the beds were two beds either double or queen and I would have preferred king but I guess I am not that picky. They were all clean and had a restaurant attached so we were good. At Denali the hotel was the Grande Denali Lodge, in Fairbanks it was Sophie's Station, in Talkeetna we were at the Alaskan Talkeetna Lodge and in Anchorage it was the Marriott Downtown. Hope this helps and I'm glad you liked the book.

Thank you for sharing the photos!!! :)

How did you actually like the ship in terms of

-food

-service

-condition?

IMHO a really advantage are the good port timings.

What did you do at Icy Strait Point?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I really liked the ship and thought for an older ship, the Millenium was in remarkably good condition. I prefer the larger ships like Eclipse and Equinox but that's just for the bells and whistles. I enjoyed the food in both the buffet, the pool side grill and the dining room. We also ate in Qsine and it is nice for the novelty but would not really want to go again and that is just because we prefer the other specialty restaurants on other ships. In Icy Strait Point we did the bear search which was okay as we saw a brown bear coming back to the road but did not actually think it was worth the time or money. However, we did not have a good weather day there. After the wet bear search, we went directly back to the ship as it had started to really pour down which is a shame as I would have liked to have at least walked around and explored the little port.

I thought both are wait staff and room steward did an excellent job and did not have any complaints. The one odd thing that I noticed for the first time on this ship, they did not bring ice automatically. When I asked the steward I was informed that for hygiene reasons they only bring ice after a guest has requested it. After that we received the ice as usually with each service.

I really liked the ship and thought for an older ship, the Millenium was in remarkably good condition. I prefer the larger ships like Eclipse and Equinox but that's just for the bells and whistles. I enjoyed the food in both the buffet, the pool side grill and the dining room. We also ate in Qsine and it is nice for the novelty but would not really want to go again and that is just because we prefer the other specialty restaurants on other ships. In Icy Strait Point we did the bear search which was okay as we saw a brown bear coming back to the road but did not actually think it was worth the time or money. However, we did not have a good weather day there. After the wet bear search, we went directly back to the ship as it had started to really pour down which is a shame as I would have liked to have at least walked around and explored the little port.

Sounds great! :)

I think when booking a ship built in 200 one should know that it cannot be in the same condition as a ship built in 2011 or so... but IMHO the condition of Summit, built in 2001, was very good as well! :)

Great that you liked the service and the food - such positive reviews about the great crew and staff in Alaska 2014 are mounting up!! :)

What time did you board in Seward?

Mary Lou

Since we were on the cruise tour, the bus dropped us off at the terminal a little before 5 p.m. This was the not fun part, the lines were long but since I am select with Celebrity, we went in that line and the process went smoothly and we were able to make our 6:00 p.m. dinner. The muster drill took place at the end of dinner and that seemed a little longer than necessary to me too. I have been to smoother ones but all in all not horrible.

Since we were on the cruise tour, the bus dropped us off at the terminal a little before 5 p.m. This was the not fun part, the lines were long but since I am select with Celebrity, we went in that line and the process went smoothly and we were able to make our 6:00 p.m. dinner. The muster drill took place at the end of dinner and that seemed a little longer than necessary to me too. I have been to smoother ones but all in all not horrible.

Thanks, we'll be on the cruise tour also and will plan on a late dinner that night, which we tend to do anyway.

Mary Lou

We are on a cruisetour too! Why do you get to the ship so late?

Thank you