Suggestions for ground transfers from Seattle to the airport for 9 people and luggage

jhp

I'm thinking we will need a larger van with all the luggage from a Princess Alaska cruise. Wondering if anyone has had a group like this and arranged a private transfer? Would love a referral here. I think this question is allowed, since I am soliciting help.

Edited by jhp

We used Shuttle Express for a transfer from SeaTac to Pier 91 last fall for $22 per person plus tip. From the airport this was a scheduled van and you just showed up at their loading point in the parking garage for the next van. I know they do both ways, but pickup at other locations needs to be arranged ahead of time. We did have 9 people in the van with luggage, but not all were going to the pier. Nice folks and well organized.

If you check the Seattle board you will get more information.

Edited by LeeW
added additional comments

I'm thinking we will need a larger van with all the luggage from a Princess Alaska cruise. Wondering if anyone has had a group like this and arranged a private transfer? Would love a referral here. I think this question is allowed, since I am soliciting help.

Try giving Solomon a call at Class A Limo...

http://classalimoservice.com/

We made a reservation with shuttle express for our upcoming cruise to Alaska out of Seattle, based on other cruisers recommendations. There are 8 of us and it is $22 pp. We are getting to Seattle the day before so the shuttle is taking to a our hotel in downtown Seattle. With as many people as we have in our group, we wanted convenience that was reasonably priced. Considering luggage and the distance to downtown we feel it's worth it. Won't have a review until August when we get back though

We were happy with our recent Seattle Express experience -- $12 pp from the pier to the airport (but definitely get a reservation!). You may also ask Seattle Express or Shuttle Express about reserving a private shuttle -- in the past we were able to reserve a private van through Shuttle Express for about the same price as the shared service (I think the break even point several years ago when we did this was around 7 people).

We were happy with Shuttle Express as well. Reliable and reasonably priced. We had a bad experience once with the Princess transfers so I don't recommend them. We did have to wait at the airport a little bit to fill the van up to go to the ship, but it wasn't a long wait like with Princess transfer.

We live in Bellevue (other side of Lake Washington from Seattle) and we've used Super Shuttle to get to/from the pier many times. Getting there has always been great. Having reliable on time pick up when getting off the ship has been a problem in the past for us with Super Shuttle but hopefully they've got that sorted out now. When we got off our Alaska cruise last year they were running 60+ minutes behind schedule.

We used Crystal Coach yesterday from the airport to our hotel in downtown and the driver was very helpful, he called before we landed and told us how to find him. Our friends who joined us were about 45mins behind us and frontier took forever to deliver bags. Our driver called to check on us and let us know he was still in the same place. The party bus fit our 12 bags in the back with no need for bags in the bus. Lots of space, and very comfortable. It was $180 with all taxes and the gratuities included ($20/pp if you have 9 people) it will be the same cost from the port back to the airport as well. We are also using them for a winery tour while we are in town. It's a small business and they are very friendly, helpful and nice. One of their people I communicated with took her time to talk to me while she was driving and give me a nice overview of ideas for our wine tour so I had time to do research but had a starting point of ideas and also gave me many ideas. On where to eat and what to do. I would highly recommend them.

Not sure if my hotel has a shuttle service. Would like to know if there are taxis available at the pier and what is the price per mile/per person?

yes, there are taxis and shuttles waiting at both piers. Depends on the size of your group, which option is cheaper.

Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will have buses ... check their web sites for prices. A metered cab in the taxi line will be about $45. eastsideforhire.com is a flat rate cab and will be about $35.

We used Crystal Coach yesterday from the airport to our hotel in downtown and the driver was very helpful, he called before we landed and told us how to find him. Our friends who joined us were about 45mins behind us and frontier took forever to deliver bags. Our driver called to check on us and let us know he was still in the same place. The party bus fit our 12 bags in the back with no need for bags in the bus. Lots of space, and very comfortable. It was $180 with all taxes and the gratuities included ($20/pp if you have 9 people) it will be the same cost from the port back to the airport as well. We are also using them for a winery tour while we are in town. It's a small business and they are very friendly, helpful and nice. One of their people I communicated with took her time to talk to me while she was driving and give me a nice overview of ideas for our wine tour so I had time to do research but had a starting point of ideas and also gave me many ideas. On where to eat and what to do. I would highly recommend them.

I love Shannon at Crystal Coach, and can't say enough good things about her!

since it was specific question about port to airport I would suggest using an exclusive van from

shuttleexpress.com

its pretty reasonable. The local who mentioned Super Shuttle no doubt is thinking Shuttle express as Supershuttle does not operate in the Seattle area.

Not sure if my hotel has a shuttle service. Would like to know if there are taxis available at the pier and what is the price per mile/per person?

My husband and I took a Taxi from pier 91 to downtown Seattle (Olive and 3rd I believe- near the Link station) and it only cost about $15. We had no reservation, just asked the drivers when we were ready to go. We then took the Link to the airport for a few bucks. Saved a lot of money that way.

We have used Already Town Car Service...may take 2 cars but it worked great. Pre arrange and they answer questions very quickly during Seattle Business time. And they watch for your flight and send the car out to the airport. You call when you have your luggage and tell them which "door" you are at...they drive up and voila!

Lou

Thanks for the tips on which vendor to use! Can anyone shed any light on when I should book one for the trip from the pier to the airport? It's been a long time since I have been on a cruise and I am not sure how the disembarkation process works. We are on the Celebrity Solstice from 22 August through 29 August (Seattle) and our flight is at 11:40 AM on the 29th.

Thanks for the tips on which vendor to use! Can anyone shed any light on when I should book one for the trip from the pier to the airport? It's been a long time since I have been on a cruise and I am not sure how the disembarkation process works. We are on the Celebrity Solstice from 22 August through 29 August (Seattle) and our flight is at 11:40 AM on the 29th.

Either pier is about a 1/2 drive to Seatac but give yourself an hour due to hwy/tunnel construction, city events and the usual congestion. For a domestic flight you should arrive 2 hrs prior. So back into it.

You can prearrange a taxi or car service . Or Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will both have buses at the pier.

SEATAC security can be a bear. Long long lines. So you want to try and get off ship as early as possible in the first groups. I would allow an hour drive and 2 hours for security....that can be easy or hard. They MAY drop you in the parking garage at an "island" or "out front as they say" and you will go across the sky bridge (will take elevator up 1 flight)....and into the building. We booked our shuttle long before our trip and had no issue.

Lou

We live in Bellevue (other side of Lake Washington from Seattle) and we've used Super Shuttle to get to/from the pier many times. Getting there has always been great. Having reliable on time pick up when getting off the ship has been a problem in the past for us with Super Shuttle but hopefully they've got that sorted out now. When we got off our Alaska cruise last year they were running 60+ minutes behind schedule.

Roughly what does the per-passenger cost from Bellevue to the cruise terminal come out to? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get 6 people to the cruise terminal from Kirkland. and back.

Roughly what does the per-passenger cost from Bellevue to the cruise terminal come out to? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get 6 people to the cruise terminal from Kirkland. and back.

did you look at the Shuttle Express web site. They have small buses for group travel.

Doubt if 6 adults with cruise luggage will fit into any sort of limo unless they travel light. Try http://www.eastsideforhire.com and price 2 cabs.... maybe $30 per car.

We were a group of four adults with luggage. We booked an SUV through Seattle Airport Express (dot com) from the airport to the hotel and after the cruise for the pier to the airport. They were the best price I found after checking nine other companies. We had good service and would use them again if we ever sail out of Seattle in the future.