New to Celebrity!

indychristine

Hi!

My husband and I have sailed 10 times before but this will be our first Celebrity cruise (March 2, 2015) ! We are excited ( OK....maybe I am more excited)

We have a CC cabin # 6143 booked. I have tried to find some video of this cabin or a similar one on the Constellation...sorry I forgot to mention we are sailing on the Connie!

I LOVE getting a preview of our cabin and the ship; so spend a lot of time at You Tube as well as here on CC. But I have not found any of this particular cabin/balcony. Does anyone have any or know where I could find some OR maybe you are going to be in the cabin before March 2nd?? And can take some video for me?? LOL

And of course I scour the boards for all the info I can find on the cruise line as well as the particular cruise we will be on ( Key West and Cozumel) but would love any suggestions or "must do's" that others may want to share.

We have been to Cozumel a couple of times but Key West is new to us. Also our friends ( a couple ) will be joining us on this cruise. It is their first cruise ( exciting!!) and their 9th wedding anniversary is on the 2nd and our 15th is on the 3rd! This is why we thought it would be fun to share a cruise to celebrate our anniversaries! They have not booked yet but will be in a regular balcony not sure which deck.

Anyway.....any thoughts?

Thank you! ;)

Edited by indychristine

I was in that cabin on the Summit in 2005. I loved the cabin. Quiet area near the suites. Will search my pictures and see if I have any of the inside. I just started doing digital pictures that year so I am not sure. It also had a bigger balcony than regular balconies. I think maybe due to being next to the suites.

Anyway, quit worrying you will love it.

Sorry, I looked through my digital pictures on Shutterfly and apparently I didn't take any of our cabin. Don't know why. I loved the cabin. All my pictures are scenic being we were in Alaska.

Here are links to a couple of photos that someone posted of 6143 on the Millennium, a sister ship to the Constellation.

6143 on Constellation will be the same size and layout, only with different decor.

Room 6143

photostream

Room 6143

photostream

The best feature of this cabin is the veranda which is much, much larger than standard verandas and most of the concierge class verandas. Also, due to its location it is very quiet. You will love it.

Carolyn

I would suggest taking the train around Key West and then get off at the main stop and walk around-get a big sloppy hamburger at Jimmy Buffets! We are going back for our third time and will just walk all over and have a big piece of real Key Lime pie! You will enjoy Key West.

Around the corner form the Mallory Square is Kelly's. It is a micro brew bar that has a great happy hour for food and drinks. It is the site of the original Pan Am headquarters and is now owned by Kelly Mcguiness (sp). It is a fun time.

There are many fun places in Key West and all with in walking distance. Don't waste your time going in the few standard souvenir shops like DI.

Wasn't too impressed with the Key Lime Pie. Tried many places and to me none are as good as the one from Costco. I know many will claim that it is not from Key West but it is a matter of opinion and taste, plus a lot cheaper. The only was to know is to get a piece and don't jump on the first place you see. Ask a few locals for the best place.

🍸🍻🍺

In Key West, the frozen chocolate covered key lime pie is a real treat. Kermit's has it. Conch Republic Seafood is a great place to have lunch....it's on a marina, but all in covered shade, and they have lots of casual food. The Beach Bar & Grill at Pier House Hotel is famous for their conch chowder and conch fritters. We like to end the day at Sloppy Joes...they have live music most of the day...before heading back to the ship. If you like cats, be sure to visit Hemingway House.

I am not criticizing anyone that goes on a cruise to find a place to eat while in port ... but if this isn't your thing (it isn't mine :rolleyes:), you may want to walk through the gorgeous neighborhoods and over to the Little Truman Whitehouse and do a tour there. It is really interesting....check out this link:

http://www.trumanlittlewhitehouse.com/

Excellent ratings on tripadvisor and not expensive at all. I think the tickets are $15 but we ran into a two for one special and it was a great way to spend a couple of hours while in port. We learned a thing or two and it wasn't crowded at all. I think there were only 7 people on our tour....we were shocked as it was really an interesting thing to do here. It is within walking distance of Duval Street, which you may want to see as well...it is quirky and a bit unique...and they do have nice cold beer.