Cruise Critic blocks complaints

SevenSeas70

OK, maybe it's me, but I know how to fill out forms and click "send." My problem occurred when I tried to send CC a criticism of the price drops on their weekly list for Celebrity. A few of the drops are listed as greater than 50%, but a large number are exactly 50%. We all know that Celebrity, along with a number of other cruise lines, create a phony list price and then offer 2-for-1 pricing, or half off (for each of 2 px). I was disappointed that Cruise Critic would help Celebrity in this deception.

When I tried to send the email (About us ->Contact Us -> Questions -> Send this email) an error message popped up, its link doesn't work, and you wind up on the title page. So much for Critic.

It reminds me of a sign I once saw which said, "If you want credit, go to Helen Waite at our credit department. (Sorry :D )

[quote name='SevenSeas70']OK, maybe it's me, but I know how to fill out forms and click "send." My problem occurred when I tried to send CC a criticism of the price drops on their weekly list for Celebrity. A few of the drops are listed as greater than 50%, but a large number are exactly 50%. We all know that Celebrity, along with a number of other cruise lines, create a phony list price and then offer 2-for-1 pricing, or half off (for each of 2 px). I was disappointed that Cruise Critic would help Celebrity in this deception.

When I tried to send the email (About us ->Contact Us -> Questions -> Send this email) an error message popped up, its link doesn't work, and you wind up on the title page. So much for Critic.

It reminds me of a sign I once saw which said, "If you want credit, go to Helen Waite at our credit department. (Sorry :D )[/quote]

From your post, I'm unclear about who exactly you were trying to contact -- Celebrity or Cruise Critic??:confused:
If you have an issue with Cruise Critic, you can always reach the moderators/admin. by e-mailing: [email]community@cruisecritic.com[/email].
Good luck.

[quote name='Christine Frances']Last minute Price drops frequently can be 50% or more. Totally different issue than "Brochure" pricing which is often 2 for 1 Apples and Oranges:D[/quote]

Thanks. I see your point and I also checked what price CC(Cruise Critic) was using as the comparison: "The highest price from the last seven days." So Celebrity offered an interior cabin on a 14-day Solstice Australian cruise on January 8, [B]2016[/B], for $3298 (ha), and then cut it by 50%. I hope no eager-beaver jumped on board at the higher price. I still think it's insulting to the public and doesn't fit the "modern luxury" theme.

[quote name='wwcruisers']From your post, I'm unclear about who exactly you were trying to contact -- Celebrity or Cruise Critic??:confused:
If you have an issue with Cruise Critic, you can always reach the moderators/admin. by e-mailing: [EMAIL="community@cruisecritic.com"]community@cruisecritic.com[/EMAIL].
Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for providing the email address. I'll do that.

[quote name='SevenSeas70']Thanks. I see your point and I also checked what price CC(Cruise Critic) was using as the comparison: "The highest price from the last seven days." So Celebrity offered an interior cabin on a 14-day Solstice Australian cruise on January 8, [B]2016[/B], for $3298 (ha), and then cut it by 50%. I hope no eager-beaver jumped on board at the higher price. I still think it's insulting to the public and doesn't fit the "modern luxury" theme.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see the problem. Did they offer special perks at the higher price? What was the value of the perks? Do they have the same perks at the lower price? Besides, the cruise is in 2016, lots of time to cancel and rebook at a lower price. Edited by Orator

I kind of look at the "price drops list" as a service and informational only. If I see a drop quoted, I explore the options further on my own. I don't take what the offer as a sworn and notarized affidavit. Just kind of a "we noted a drop in price and here is what it was." I don't expect them to monitor what the prices were a week ago, a month ago, a year ago. If they note a drop they let us know. Or maybe I'm missing the point.

[quote name='wallie5446']as I think I missed the point.~~~~:confused:[/quote]

[quote name='bighairtexan'] Or maybe I'm missing the point.[/quote]

I guess it must be a Texas thing:D
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=1]HI SHARRON![/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='SevenSeas70']Thanks. I see your point and I also checked what price CC(Cruise Critic) was using as the comparison: "The highest price from the last seven days." So Celebrity offered an interior cabin on a 14-day Solstice Australian cruise on January 8, [B]2016[/B], for $3298 (ha), and then cut it by 50%. I hope no eager-beaver jumped on board at the higher price. I still think it's insulting to the public and doesn't fit the "modern luxury" theme.[/QUOTE]
Two of the Funds in my IRA that have RCCL in them hope a good many eager-beavers jumped on board:D it is after all the American way right?

[quote name='SevenSeas70']OK, maybe it's me, but I know how to fill out forms and click "send." My problem occurred when I tried to send CC a criticism of the price drops on their weekly list for Celebrity. A few of the drops are listed as greater than 50%, but a large number are exactly 50%. We all know that Celebrity, along with a number of other cruise lines, create a phony list price and then offer 2-for-1 pricing, or half off (for each of 2 px). I was disappointed that Cruise Critic would help Celebrity in this deception.

It reminds me of a sign I once saw which said, "If you want credit, go to Helen Waite at our credit department. (Sorry :D )[/quote]

Hi there,

I've forwarded this thread over to our tech department so they can look into the email error message, as well as the price drop issues you're having. As another poster noted, price drop results come from a week's worth of data that's pulled in from a feed, so I can assure you no "deception" is happening on our end.

[quote name='wallie5446']I guess it must be a Texas thing:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cruisestitch']Seems Like the OP has three beefs, one with Celebrity's pricing, one with Cruise Critic advertising this, and one with Cruise Critic not allowing his complaint to go through. Or maybe I'm missing something:)[/QUOTE]

I'm also missing the point, and I'm not from Texas. ;)

Seems from the OP's wording - "create a phony list price" and "would help Celebrity in this deception" - the OP just wants to complain about something, is a theory conspiracist, or both. :D

I've seen prices double - or more - on cruises.

I've also seen them not come back down.

Nothing phoney about that, just supply and demand. Sometimes people get great bargains because of it. And sometimes people pay more than I think reasonable. Welcome to the market. :-)