Anyone suggest hotels near Ft. Lauderdale before boarding Oasis of the Seas?

FLCruiser25

We stayed at Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port last September for $89/night. Beautiful hotel close to port, they did have a shuttle but we had a rental car so we didn't use it. We booked through sunny.org which I believe it Ft. Lauderdale's tourism site.

A recent review states that they no longer offer the shuttle to the port.

A Priceline bid of $50-$60 a night has been sufficient to get us a good property with free parking, Wi-Fi, breakfast etc. in Hollywood, Dania Beach or areas surrounding the FLL airport. We have stayed at LaQuinta, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House and Springhill Suites for that price at various times of the year. In a few instances we have stayed at a Marriott or Hilton for a similar price but they were oriented towards business clients and there were fees for parking, Wi-Fi etc. :)

HI Express FLL Airport/Cruiseport. About 5 minutes from the ship, stayed there in 09 when sailing on Celebrity Solstice and staying there again in July when sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. Free shuttle from the airport and free breakfast. Last time they had a free shuttle to the port, now they still have one but it is handled by a 3rd party and it is $8 per person and they start running at 10am. You can sign up for the shuttle when you check in.

We just recently stayed at the Homewood Suites FLL airport (a Hilton property) and would highly recommend it. The place was very affordable, they have a dinner during the week with wine, and breakfast in the morning. There isn't much in the area if you want to walk, but definitely within 7 minutes to the port and plenty of restaurants.

Post cruise we stayed at the Hilton Miami Beach resort. The rooms and hotel are beautiful. Parking is outrageously expensive, but then it is a resort.

A couple of years ago,we booked an expedia "top secret "hotel It was cheap,got bad reviews and turned to be very nice,refurbished bathroom,friendly staff and free shuttle.to the port.I believe it was the Red Carpet .Only drawback was the airport shuttle hours (didn't operate after 10:oo pm)

We stayed at Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port last September for $89/night. Beautiful hotel close to port, they did have a shuttle but we had a rental car so we didn't use it. We booked through sunny.org which I believe it Ft. Lauderdale's tourism site.

Glad to hear!

We chose Comfort Suites for next year too. We booked it for $99, while Embassy Suites quoted us $199. Tripadvisor rates Comfort Suites at #30, while Embassy suites is rated #32. So, it sounds like recent reviews put CS above ES...

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania last year and found it to be clean, free breakfast, free airport shuttle, port shuttle for a small fee and inside access. The best for us, since we flew in, was the proximity to restaurants, grocery store and CVS so we were able to purchase the wine we wanted to take on board. Notice that for Jan 16, they are asking $144/Sr rate. It is not a luxury hotel, but was very sufficient for our needs and a one night stay before a cruise.

Edited by golfpccc

Yes. Comfortable and clean

Ask for a front room overlooking the trees. They have a refigerator and a microwave in a separate kitchen area, plus a lounge. Also a 10 minute walk to a shopping Mall.

A good value Chinese Restaurant is across the road.

Great info! Thanks so much. I will definitely ask for the room overlooking the trees :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport Cruiseport several times before cruises and we're staying there again before a cruise in August. It is close to the port and provides a free shuttle from the airport and another to the port (for $6-8/person). There is a good and resonably priced restaurant on site. It is also across the street from a mall. The rates are usually around $100/night, but we haven't stayed there in the winter so the rates may be higher then.

yes, we've stayed there several times and have reservations before our cruise in August. It has a good on-site restaurant, clean comfortable rooms, nice pool area, pleasant staff and it's across the street from a mall and fast food restaurants. Free airport shuttle and the airport shuttle was $ 6 or $8 pp last time we were there. Highly recommend this hotel.

A couple of years ago,we booked an expedia "top secret "hotel It was cheap,got bad reviews and turned to be very nice,refurbished bathroom,friendly staff and free shuttle.to the port.I believe it was the Red Carpet .Only drawback was the airport shuttle hours (didn't operate after 10:oo pm)

We have used the Red Carpet Inn and it was clean, cheap, and free shuttle. If anyone is sailing out of Miami, SAS picks up there and shuttles to POM for 15 dollars per person.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of times with no problems - very convenient, liked free breakfast, happy hour, etc.

Also have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We liked it there although no free breakfast. It is more of a "business man" location - not far from the Embassy Suites - has a roof top pool - not much in terms of green space or relaxation. However found the food there to be good and not too expensive. Restaurant and bar on premises. Also rooms were very nice. Also has free airport shuttle and I believe a cruise shuttle that you pay for - found cab to cruise terminal to be easier and cheaper depending on number of people.

Mentioned the Crowne Plaza as often have found it to be cheaper than Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in Fort Lauderdale - part of the same chain and usually more expensive, but not in Fort Lauderdale for some reason.

I think it is used more by business travelers than cruisers.

We also liked the Crowne Plaza. We loved the relaxed atmosphere around the pool, and had a nice dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. It was also lovely to see the ships in port from our room (ask for a room facing the port.) My recollection is that the port shuttle was about $5pp (? -- it was three years ago.)

Anyone stay at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation? Booked two nights pre Allure in September for $75/night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plantation is a LONG way from the port.

A Priceline bid of $50-$60 a night has been sufficient to get us a good property with free parking, Wi-Fi, breakfast etc. in Hollywood, Dania Beach or areas surrounding the FLL airport. We have stayed at LaQuinta, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House and Springhill Suites for that price at various times of the year. In a few instances we have stayed at a Marriott or Hilton for a similar price but they were oriented towards business clients and there were fees for parking, Wi-Fi etc. :)

Not in peak season you didn't get that price.

To the OP, it is peak season in South Florida. If everything moderate is going for $200 per night, there is a reason the Comfort Inn I95 is only getting $125 per night. Sometimes it isn't a matter of 'only a clean bed'. Some of those cheaper hotels are in really bad neighborhoods.

We aren't north Florida down here. Our tourism is made up of wealthy Europeans and South Americans that pay $1100 per night and drive up the prices.

Caveat Emptor.

There are a group of boutique hotels that are part of the North Beach Village. I stayed at Cocobelle before sailing on Oasis of the Seas...and am going to be at one of their other properties in February before Celebrity Equinox. $139 per night...nice little places about a block off the beach...walking distance to Las Olas or Galleria mall. Check it out!!!