Anyone suggest hotels near Ft. Lauderdale before boarding Oasis of the Seas?

FLCruiser25

Embassy Suites is 207.00 a nite at hiltonfamilymvp.com its free to join the hilton honors.

Not a bad price at all for free breakfast , cocktail hour and a suite. Close to food and stores. On the date you want.

Dawn

Edited by coops

We stayed at the renaissance on 17th st. We booked with priceline at name your own price, was 100.00 with taxes. I would just use name your own price on priceline, and just make sure you select the port area and see what kind of deal you can get. We took a third party shuttle from the renaissance and it was 6.00 pp to get the port. Lots of hotels near this area had this sort of deal.

Friday, January 16th for 1 night. We just looked outside of Ft. Lauderdale within a 30 minute drive are some very nice places with inside access that aren't dumps for $150 a night that include free parking and a hot breakfast.

We aren't too picky, just want a safe and clean inside access hotel since all we are going to be doing is sleeping there and eat breakfast and drive to the cruise terminal. Our vacation starts when we walk on the ship so I don't need anything fancy before that. lol. Save my money for the cruise ship! We live in Florida so it's nothing new to us.

Coral Springs, Florida has alot and even West Palm Beach is cheaper than some of the places in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you guys really want to splurge you should check out the "Breakers" in West Palm Beach area. Will only cost you $1,100 a night! lol

Harbor beach inn on expedia is 154, highly rated. It has free parking but I don't know about the breakfast.

We have stayed at the Cambria Suites in Ft Lauderdale on 2 separate occasions. The last time this past February. $159. They also have a shuttle to the pier. I cannot answer about Park and Cruise as we flew down and used both the airport and port shuttle.

I see on Embassy's site they offer a package where they pick you up at the airport then drive you to the pier the next day. Has anyone used this package, and is it worth it ? Or is staying at a cheaper hotel and taking a taxi a better plan ? Thanks

I would take the airport shuttle, but use a taxi to get to the ship. The taxi is not much money, and you get to go when you want, without stopping at any other ships to drop people.

We actually live in Florida so I know that hotels can be more expensive since so many snowbirds like to travel here during the winter to escape the snow. :D

All we care about is just having a inside access hotel without having to pay hundreds of dollars just for a overnight stay when we are passing by just to board a cruise ship. We don't travel to south florida that offen so we were quite surprised that hotels are so much more expensive down there compared to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando. We live in North Florida.

Someone suggested we try the Port st. Lucie area which is about 1 hour away.

We stay at the Fairfield Inn in Fort Pierce, which is about an hour away. We come from North Georgia. I hope this helps.

Debbie

We actually live in Florida so I know that hotels can be more expensive since so many snowbirds like to travel here during the winter to escape the snow. :D

All we care about is just having a inside access hotel without having to pay hundreds of dollars just for a overnight stay when we are passing by just to board a cruise ship. We don't travel to south florida that offen so we were quite surprised that hotels are so much more expensive down there compared to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando. We live in North Florida.

Someone suggested we try the Port st. Lucie area which is about 1 hour away.

you can try valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place across the street from the Embassy Suites. It is $179 a night for the night on January 16th, 2015

Bill

We did not like Embassy Suites. We just stayed there on June 20. We thought it felt dirty and it was in need of refurbishing. We usually love Embassy Suites. We had reservations for our return stay, but cancelled them. We are now at the Marriott Harbor Beach and I would highly recommend it! Saturday night was $250 with a $25 resort credit as well. Tonight it is $229 with an additional $25 resort credit. Worth every penny! Resort is beautiful, and the food is top notch! 2 miles from the port

Sent from my iPhone

This plus 1....we absolutely did not like that Embassy Suites. Our experiences were exactly the same as yours twice.

We did walk over to the Marriott when we were at the Lago Mar last year and it looked great. I'm glad you posted, I may have to check that one out as well.

:p

We always stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites for less than $200. Love the free shuttle from the airport and breakfast in the morning. Very close to liquor stores and taxi's to the port are very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Pier 66? I ask because I'm working on a project for my boss, who has helped with hotel accommodations in the past because he's got "more Hyatt points than he could use in his lifetime." (so cost isn't really an object)

I just stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 for two nights, 3 wks. ago. I did enjoy it, it's very nice. I can't speak for the restaurants there as I ate off property. I got it on Priceline. I was in the 2 story bldg, by the pool, which I didn't mind. I'm sure with that many Hyatt points you can get in the Tower if you prefer. Priceline customers are put in the 2 story bldg.

I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

We stayed at the Hyatt House Airport and Cruise port prior to sailing on the Allure and few years ago and are going to stay there in May prior to our trip on the Oasis. Great Hotel. There is also a Hyatt Place across the street that is also nice.

We've stayed in most all of the 4-star near-port hotels on Priceline bids. I think they are all a bit disappointing...they get so much beach, cruise, canal boat and party traffic that "rode hard, put up wet" seems apt. Hence, out decision to avoid paying retail. Just my opinion!

Michael, we are fans of the Hyatt Place concept, although I haven't been to the FLL property in a few years, so check reviews on condition, maintenance, etc. Look at the room floor plans--huge and loaded with amenities, especially nice if you are family. The downside is, you're not as close to the port/restaurant-retail action. If you will be relying on cabs, then the traditional Hyatt will be a better choice because you can easily walk to eat, buy liquor, go to the beach (I think it's about a mile), etc. or take the water taxi (for a fee) to more dining and shopping options. IIRC, the airport transfer by taxi to the HR 66 area is under $15; I think it's about $10 to the port (looks close, but the route is not direct).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Embassy Suites is still our favorite....and we have tried a few others. It's just so perfect in many ways....close to airport, cruise port, shopping and some great restaurants.

As someone already mentioned...you get what you pay for in Florida. I wouldn't go too cheap unless you really only want a clean bed for a night.

We stayed at the Hyatt House Airport and Cruise port prior to sailing on the Allure and few years ago and are going to stay there in May prior to our trip on the Oasis. Great Hotel. There is also a Hyatt Place across the street that is also nice.

I loved the Hyatt House when i stayed there before one of my cruises but I certainly wouldn't pay $250+ for it. OUCH!

Bill

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of times with no problems - very convenient, liked free breakfast, happy hour, etc.

Also have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We liked it there although no free breakfast. It is more of a "business man" location - not far from the Embassy Suites - has a roof top pool - not much in terms of green space or relaxation. However found the food there to be good and not too expensive. Restaurant and bar on premises. Also rooms were very nice. Also has free airport shuttle and I believe a cruise shuttle that you pay for - found cab to cruise terminal to be easier and cheaper depending on number of people.

Mentioned the Crowne Plaza as often have found it to be cheaper than Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in Fort Lauderdale - part of the same chain and usually more expensive, but not in Fort Lauderdale for some reason.

I think it is used more by business travelers than cruisers.

Edited by PMcC1998

How is the Courtyard by Marriott?

We stayed there and liked it. Shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal was convenient. The Bistro was more for light meals, but that was OK for us since we we knew we would be eating lots for the next week. Pool was decent. We killed a little time the night before the cruise shopping at Outdoor World which has a huge outdoor/clothing/sports store that is almost next to the hotel. We didn't go to the beach, not sure how far away it was

How is the Courtyard by Marriott?

We stayed there and liked it. Shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal was convenient. The Bistro was more for light meals, but that was OK for us since we we knew we would be eating lots for the next week. Pool was decent. We killed a little time the night before the cruise shopping at Outdoor World which has a huge outdoor/clothing/sports store that is almost next to the hotel. We didn't go to the beach, not sure how far away it was

Thanks!

Anyone stay at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation? Booked two nights pre Allure in September for $75/night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Comfortable and clean

Ask for a front room overlooking the trees. They have a refigerator and a microwave in a separate kitchen area, plus a lounge. Also a 10 minute walk to a shopping Mall.

A good value Chinese Restaurant is across the road.

We stayed at Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port last September for $89/night. Beautiful hotel close to port, they did have a shuttle but we had a rental car so we didn't use it. We booked through sunny.org which I believe it Ft. Lauderdale's tourism site.