Noise - interconnecting cabins?

Mysticalmother

Just booked Arcadia for next year and have realised that the cabin booked has an interconnecting door to the next cabin. I know it will be locked but is there likely to be any noise issue as the soundproofing will presumably be compromised?

(BTW - I know it will depend partly on how noisy the next door occupants are!:D)

Thanks

Just booked Arcadia for next year and have realised that the cabin booked has an interconnecting door to the next cabin. I know it will be locked but is there likely to be any noise issue as the soundproofing will presumably be compromised?

(BTW - I know it will depend partly on how noisy the next door occupants are!:D)

Thanks

We had a interconnecting door to the next cabin C84 and C86 on Arcadia and no we did not hear any noise at all. Door is securely locked and does not even rattle. I'm sure your cabin will be fine. Enjoy.

Pat

Thanks

when looking to book our next cruise the nice pando lady guided us away from the interconnecting door cabins, suggesting you are more likely to hear some noise.

We sailed with NCL last year and had a connecting cabin. Unfortunately we could hear conversations etc. The gentleman next door was a smoker and got up during the night too to have a ciggy on the balcony and everytime the doors were opened we had a whistling sound come through our connecting door. It would put me off in the future.

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately, we currently have interconnecting cabins and there is quite a bit of noise from the neighbors...especially late at night. Can't hear a thing from the other side. But it does depend on the occupants of course.

We have just returned from a mini-suite (superior deluxe on P&O) on Emerald Princess. Interconnecting doors have been retrofitted on this ship too.

You can certainly hear next door (although our neighbours weren't noisy), and when balcony doors are open air rushes between the door frame and sounds like someone drying their hair next door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk