Royal Princess TV documentary

Happyboating

:)

Princess sent me a survey today to see what I knew of and thought about the Cruise ship programme, I think it might have hit a nerve with them!

Basic questions, had I heard about the show, did I watch all episodes, what was the cruise line:rolleyes:, would it influence me cruising in the future and would it make me more inclined to cruise Princess and a comments box at the end.

Anyone else get it?

Yes we got one. Not sure that they will like my reply, but only told the truth. However we are looking forward to our Transatlantic on the Ruby in 30 days time:)

We haven't received anything from Princess, did they send it by email?

Princess just need to read the comments on here to find out the views of the public

Yes it was an email.

Yes we got one. Not sure that they will like my reply, but only told the truth. However we are looking forward to our Transatlantic on the Ruby in 30 days time:)

Same here - on both fronts! Have you joined the roll call? It's VERY active. Lots of tours etc organised. It would be good to have more Brits as we feel very outnumbered by Americans and Aussies :D

Wish they'd sent the survey to me. I have strong opinions too and although I love Princess I would have been honest :(

I repeat, please do not take offence at this response. It is not critical of your humour, just an attempt to use your response to explain how our humour is different - but not necessarily better.

My wife and I are from the U.S.A. ---Texas to be exact----and we really miss being able to watch the British Comedies on our Public Broadcasting System like we could a few years ago. We loved those shows. The Benny Hill show was great and Americans loved it. Sure wish y'all would make some more of them to be shown on this side of the pond.

Princess sent me a survey today to see what I knew of and thought about the Cruise ship programme, I think it might have hit a nerve with them!

Basic questions, had I heard about the show, did I watch all episodes, what was the cruise line:rolleyes:, would it influence me cruising in the future and would it make me more inclined to cruise Princess and a comments box at the end.

Maybe they were hoping you could not tell what cruise line it was.

I repeat, please do not take offence at this response. It is not critical of your humour, just an attempt to use your response to explain how our humour is different - but not necessarily better.

My wife and I are from the U.S.A. ---Texas to be exact----and we really miss being able to watch the British Comedies on our Public Broadcasting System like we could a few years ago. We loved those shows. The Benny Hill show was great and Americans loved it. Sure wish y'all would make some more of them to be shown on this side of the pond.

Unfortunately we do not make any good British comedies now. All we seem to get are 'alternative' comedians 😔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone else get it?

Ours was slightly different. We had to ring Princess about a forthcoming cruise. After dealing with our query the lady asked if we would answer a short survey. "Had seen the programme". The laughter at our end answered her question. Suffice it to say, if we had never been on a cruise and watched the programme to get an idea of what it was like, we would never book one.

As experienced Princess cruisers, however, we have never experienced anything like they showed on the TV.

Funnily enough my cousin is going on his first cruise on the Royal in November, can't wait for his return to find out how he got on. The only reason they decided to cruise was because I was forever going on about them and also his best friend who is as enthusiastic as me.

Exactly, we have a VERY different sense of humour to the US and tend to find your comedy shows corny whereas you tend not to see anything funny in our humour as you expect a punch line whereas we tend to leave the punch line in the head of the listener.

As a result, I generally avoid telling European jokes to Americans as the silence can be embarrassing, but I will try to give an example:

Five people in arrive at the ferry terminal in Belgium to cross to the UK. (The French always tell jokes about the Belgians in the same way at the Irish tell jokes about folks from Kerry)

When they present their ticket, the conversation goes like this:

Receptionist: Sorry you can't board, you have too many people

Driver: What do you mean we have a ticket for five people?

Receptionist: Yes but the car is an Audi Quattro, Quattro means four and you have five people.

Driver: Don't be silly. Quattro is the name of the model of car and has nothing to do with the number of seats. We have five seats and a ticket for five people and I insist you allow us to board.

Receptionist: No it is definitely not permitted to board with five passengers. Quattro means four and you have five people.

Driver: This is ridiculous, I insist that you allow me to speak to your supervisor.

Receptionist: OK, but you will have to wait. He is over there talking to that couple in the Fiat Uno.

Obviously there are exceptions to every generalisation, but as a rule, tell that to a European and there will be a very short pause before they smile and start to chuckle. Tell it to a US citizen and they will be waiting for you to finish the joke.

I stress, I am not saying one sense of humour is better or more funny than the other, just that they are different, which is why folks in Europe are far less likely to have found the programme at all funny.

I don't find American sitcoms "corny". I find them to be complete trash. I don't understand how the horribly juvenile nature of the "comedy" is so attractive to people. I'm also amazed how literally everybody on American television has to look so good. Really? The coroner looks like a model? In real life people don't all look like that.

I cancelled our cable TV about 12 years or so ago. For the most part I prefer to read.

We do watch movies and also some TV on Netflix but the TV we watch on Netflix tends to be British television. I notice that the British shows I've watched seem to have "real" looking people rather than people who are hired because they look good. They seem more like the kind of people you will find in a real life situation.

I liked your joke. :)

Hi All

Well England got it last month

Now its our turn your favourite TV show is on Sunday evenings for the next four weeks

Assume those who can access STV player will be able to view it

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...