Royal Princess TV documentary

Happyboating

Not sure if I was on this cruise or not. I was on he Maiden TA and Caribbean, but I am thinking there might be some footage from even another cruise.

Well, the Bears came onboard on 11/3, so if they have footage from that, that would prove your assumption. We certainly saw them filming all around the ship, including once when the elevator door opened and there they were, filming out. Has there been anything about the elevator issue...I can't imagine what else they were doing right then?

Yes, we had the Bears come on 11/3. They made the elevator situation even more interesting. :D

The filming continued on the 11/10 cruise. So they have footage from the first 3 Caribbean cruises along with the TA.

I haven't seen any of the footage but they shot a lot!!

Cheers, Denise

Watched all four programmes and realised that none of it captured the reality of Princess standards. The magic of the ships; the care and attention to detail of staff; the smiles around the deck; the genuinely nice people you meet; the relaxed warmth of the welcome; the food, the wine, the entertainment. Sorry to spoil it for the TV company - they made a programme and must have struggled to find oddballs, odd passengers and dumbed down shots. At the end of the day, I go for Princess every time.

Hi All

Well that's the last but the guy did say see you next year hope he was just joking

Just can not work out what Princess was thinking

Have not met anyone who has watched this show and said they will book a cruise

Have met folks you have said they will never go on a Princess cruise

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Shogun, we have just watched the last episode of this dreadful series. After watching the first one, we did seriously think about cancelling our cruise.

We were not expecting passengers to be bragging about having a food fight with the Captain and where to stand to receive free drinks.

We were really looking forward to seeing more of the Royal.

Not sure what Princess was thinking, but we are glad there are no more episodes!

Watched all four programmes and realised that none of it captured the reality of Princess standards. The magic of the ships; the care and attention to detail of staff; the smiles around the deck; the genuinely nice people you meet; the relaxed warmth of the welcome; the food, the wine, the entertainment. Sorry to spoil it for the TV company - they made a programme and must have struggled to find oddballs, odd passengers and dumbed down shots. At the end of the day, I go for Princess every time.

Couldn't have said it better! Agree totally!:)

Wow. Totally forgot to go back and watch the final episode. Maybe I'll do that just to see it through to the end.

While I don't think it was as horrible as most people here seem to I have to agree that it certainly didn't capture any of what Princess means to me. They totally missed the atmosphere and feel of a Princess cruise and the way passengers are treated by the crew. Of course this wasn't advertised as being about passengers and their views of Princess...

I am glad to see that Dan is now a cruise director. I guess assignments changed from time of the rumor that he was headed to the Regal Princess and apparently is now on the Sea Princess. I hope he is CD on one of my cruises someday.

I wonder how long it will be before the series is available in the U.S., possibly Netflix or Hulu. My thought is it is sad that so much time and effort went into producing the series and that so little of value resulted in the final product.:(

I wonder how long it will be before the series is available in the U.S., possibly Netflix or Hulu. My thought is it is sad that so much time and effort went into producing the series and that so little of value resulted in the final product.:(

Any bets on whether or not it will be shown on Princess ships?

I agree and I think they must have had a mountain of waste film left on the cutting room floor, which would quite likely make the sort of documentary that we cruise lovers would enjoy.

Hi all,

As you can see I've only cruised with P&O so far but I was eager to watch this programme as I love anything cruise - related. I have to say I was very disappointed too - I only saw 2 episodes but won't be going on iplayer to find the others. I've not been on Princess yet but my first thought was it would put me off cruising if I had never been. Cruising full stop - not just Princess!

Hi bilco

They are going to broadcast the show throughout the ship on disembarkation day to speed up getting us of the ship

Yours Shogun

:D:D:D There should be a like button!!

Edited by maz48

So we bit the bullet, installed a VPN solution, logged onto ITV1 and watched all four episodes. Was it corny? Oh yes. Was it schmaltzy in places? Yes. Was it funny? Too funny! Where all of the angst and worry is coming from we have no idea. "I would never cruise Princess after seeing this show." Who could make that statement??? I thought British people (and Scottish) had a better sense of humor than what is reflected by the comments on this thread. We are definitely looking forward to our Regal cruise in December more than ever now. And, yes, watching this show actually increased our anticipation for that cruise. :cool:

YMMV.

Edited by ar1950

Hi There

We have a number of issues with the show

The press release the build up to the show all said hard hitting documentary with unparalleled access to behind the scenes of a cruise ship.Princess UK told me this show would be a massive boost for UK cruising and for Princess second only to the love boat.

Now have not met anyone who has seen the show who has said they would not cruise Princess

But l have had folks say they will never go on a cruise

Also had a number ask why l take this type of holiday as it was nothing like what l told them it was like

Yours Shogun

They have tried to go for typical ITV reality tv-documentary trash, basically trying desperately to make it look like Butlins at sea when it really isn't. I could tell as soon as the tasteless 'love boat-esque' titles came up that it was going to be like that.

However, the cinematography in-between the rubbish was very well done, and really highlighted how good the ship is. I think with a ship as beautiful as Royal Princess you can't really go wrong with that aspect. It's just a shame that they couldn't be more serious about the whole thing. I think if perhaps Channel 4 did it they would do a better job.

I have a feeling that this barely scraped approval from Princess, in that the balance between tabloid-reader pandering and the excellent filler cinematography was just enough for them to allow it.

I watched the second episode. While it was not as bad as the "Mandy show," I thought it was silly and boring. The deputy cruise director is after the cruise director's job! The crew manager is old enough to be the hairdresser's mother! Dumb.