The Voyage of The Damned: Initial Review of the Silhouette (6-22 - 7-3)

parallax

Read #1 and thought "what a jerk". #2 quickly put me in the right frame of mind!

Since you mentioned Caipirinha, I had it twice on Summit and it was awful both times. Couldn't be because I have the classic package could it? don't tell me cachaça is considered top shelf!

It is a very difficult to make. I use to go to Brazil quite a bit and so making these drinks are in their DNA. The ones I have had outside Brazil run from passable to down right horrible. Valentin spent 7 years in Brazil so he has had time to master the drink.

I admit that I wanted to yank some chains because I know that some people would get pleasure out of the initial paragraph because it helps drive their narrative that Celebrity is going down the toilet. To me it is far from the truth. W as everything perfect? No. However, any criticisms we had were minor.

Thanks for your review. We are booked on the Silhouette for 14 days in October.

Glad you had a great time.

Agree the storage and the location of the closest is not the best. Am sure it is a challenge with 3 in a cabin. We are not light packers because my DH is European and likes to dress well every night.

Considering the Tuscan Grill on our next trip. We actually prefer the buffet over MDR on this class of X. Wondering what menu items you enjoyed beside the ravoli?

The filet mignon was excellent. It was be akin to a quality steak from Morton's. I also had the pasta with lobster which was also very good. Another feature I liked was that they did the caesar salad table side. It always seems to taste better when they do it.

We are also just off the Silhouette. Fantastic cruise and the food in the main dining room was excellent. Staff all over the ship were awesome as always. Officers friendly and approachable. We were mixed ages in our family and we all had a great time. I am 5ft and do have trouble with the overbed storage but DH is 6ft and he used it. Another wonderful cruise on the Silhouette.

At first I thought here we go again. Thanks for the laugh and I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise. Last month we spent 13 nights on the EQ out of Barcelona. I kept wondering where all of the cuts were that some on this board have been yammering about. Did not see them. The Silhouette will be our next X cruise. Thanks again for the info.

How was the third person's bed? Trundle or pull down?

They put a mattress on the bed. It worked out perfectly for our daughter. If we would have a 4th occupant, the pull down was available.