I already hate NCL

I think the rules have changed on the soda package that you're talking about just this last November my daughter and I went, she purchased the soda package I did not we were in the same cabin. She was 18, the only difference was there was a sticker on her room card and there wasn't one on mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I'm really sorry about your experience with customer service I've only been on three cruises but I'm booked for two more and every time I needed to contact customer service experience has been great, I must've just been lucky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting differences between American English and English English. Bum being one example. In England we put our odds and ends in a Bum bag when on holiday ( Vacation ?.) you Americans use a VERY rude word for the same bag. " F***Y Pack".:)

Hahaha! When I was a child, we had just arrived as an American Ex-pat family living in Australia. Mom had a birthday party for me, and I was misbehaving. She threatened loudly to "Behave, or she would smack my f***y". Oh my, did she get shocked looks from the other parents!!! :D:D:D

Oh, and I have a puppy named Bum.. Lol

Robin

I have cruised with Carnival for years and thought to give NCL a try this year. I have been nothing but disappointed and we are not even set to sail until December. First of all, I have been on hold with them twice for over 20 minutes each time, both of which I ended up hanging up before being helped. Second of all, my teenager loves to get a soda card but we do not drink soda. NCL tells us we either have to inconvenience his privileges and bring his soda on board with us, pay for his individual sodas all cruise or buy a soda package for ALL of us. Totally unacceptable. The boy is already bummed about no free daily sushi. The worst part is every time I do call to ask a question, the customer service is severely lacking. Not that I expect the answer I want every time, but they are not even sorry about having to deliver the bad news. I get a true feeling of 'take it or leave it' from them. Almost to the point of rudeness. I am pretty sure we are going on our first and LAST NCL cruise.

Nobody forced you to cruise with NCL and stop complaining before you even start cruising. You can still cancel it now and I don't think anyone here would want to read about your negative review in your post cruise. I have been on 30 + cruises and 7 of them with NCL and the most recent was on the Breakaway in the Spring and they all great. We also booked the Gem for this September to NE and really looking forward to it. Every cruise line is different and what make you think that you'll get "Free daily sushi"? Just because Carnival serves "Free daily sushi" at the buffets it does not mean NCL has to follow. On the Breakaway, NCL serves lobster buffets but not on the Carnival. Do people don't go on Carnival because they don't have lobster buffets? Of course not. Why does NCL have to say sorry to you or anyone just because something you want for free and you cannot get? As for the sodas, sugary drinks are the number one cause in obesity and diabetes and the worst thing is to start young kids drinking sodas. Have them drink water is a better choice. I have not had a soda for 20 years and would not miss it.

I actually am also quite disappointed with NCL's customer service - certainly not up to what I have received from other cruise lines? I am dealing with a PCC (who is quite useless) - and have been trying unsuccessfully to reach his supervisor (and she is not returning my calls or emails?) - and I am asking important questions about pricing/OBC (not about soda or sushi)....with no response!!!

I am pretty shocked by this - yes I am still going on the ship as I am joining a lovely group of friends and we will have a fabulous time - but my anticipation and feelings now, prior to the cruise, are not as they should be - very apprehensive given my experience - hoping if something goes wrong or I have any issues on the ship they will be dealt with in a better manner!

I agree 'hate' is a strong word given OP's circumstances but there are several threads about the poor customer service on NCL and this may be another example....

(I am about to post on the NCL FB page as I would like to switch PCCs and am having trouble doing this!)

Edited by Froufie

I have cruised with Carnival for years and thought to give NCL a try this year. I have been nothing but disappointed and we are not even set to sail until December. First of all, I have been on hold with them twice for over 20 minutes each time, both of which I ended up hanging up before being helped. Second of all, my teenager loves to get a soda card but we do not drink soda. NCL tells us we either have to inconvenience his privileges and bring his soda on board with us, pay for his individual sodas all cruise or buy a soda package for ALL of us. Totally unacceptable. The boy is already bummed about no free daily sushi. The worst part is every time I do call to ask a question, the customer service is severely lacking. Not that I expect the answer I want every time, but they are not even sorry about having to deliver the bad news. I get a true feeling of 'take it or leave it' from them. Almost to the point of rudeness. I am pretty sure we are going on our first and LAST NCL cruise.

So, being from Michigan, why book with NCL? Does not Carnival have similar itineraries? You list 5 Carnival cruises in your history, so don't you also get some extra benefits like in the NCL Latitudes program? Do you realize you can bring your own diabetic juice on the cruise and they will even keep it cold for you in your own convenient refrigerator in your cabin

for free?

(I am about to post on the NCL FB page as I would like to switch PCCs and am having trouble doing this!)

I have an assigned PCC that I don't use. I just call the 800 number and speak to whoever answers the phone.

I called Carnival and asked to book a Haven -like , 2 br suite.

Why, Carnival has nothing like a Haven, a 2 bedroom suite, or even a suite over 269 sq feet. I could get 2 adjoining suites on Breeze or Sunshine, and this would provide me with an area in which to dress. I don' t want this. I don' t consider this a family vacation or special or, most important, BIG enough!!

Carnival does not have what I need.

I did not sail Carnival.

Disney, Royal and Norwegian have what I need. I sail DCL,RCL, NCL.

If NCL does not have what you need, which , according to you is free sushi and well-mannered phone attendants who will personally apologize to your son, then do not cruise with them.

I have not had the best of luck on the phone with NCL and do everything by e-mail.

I am not being snarky. Why go in to a vacation pissed at the world and already spreading the anger to your son?

Go back to what you are comfortable with. Seriously. Nothing good can come of this. You will be wasting your vacation dollars.

You have time to cancel and re- book.

I would. I trust my gut. Your gut is already in knots- untwist it !!!!

Life is too short to suffer a bad cruise- and"bad" is subjective.

Interesting differences between American English and English English. Bum being one example. In England we put our odds and ends in a Bum bag when on holiday ( Vacation ?.) you Americans use a VERY rude word for the same bag. " F***Y Pack".:)

We had a group of traveling nurses in our operating room many years ago when I was young. They were from England and Ireland and sweet as can be.

Seems the gals did not take well to being told" " move out of the way - Dr X is bad driver. He'll knock your fannies right off with that stretcher".

They explained why to me later that night. Oops. Color me embarrassed.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience thus far and I'd like to assist you.

Please teach your son that sushi is bait, it is used for the purpose of catching other fish that you cook.

Hi- We're sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience thus far and would like to assist you. Please email us at publicrelations@ncl.com. Thank you!

Does anyone think that the OP will ever see this? Perhaps she is lurking and reading the posts but not responding.....

How nice that NCL has a person/ people on staff to placate whiners..

Free sushi for the kid.

Free soda for the kid!

Squeaky wheels...

I wonder what happens after a complainer responds to one of these NCL posts?!?!

Life is too short to suffer a bad cruise- and"bad" is subjective.

Life is short, however, there's no such thing is a "bad' cruise. There are plenty things to do on a cruise despite I have encountered all kinds of people (bad, nice, rude, chair hogs and etc..). I always find something interesting to do and sometimes I just sit there and look at the big open ocean and dreaming of....hey whale....where are you? That's a priceless moment. Live the life people and go out there and see the world, not everything is free and people need to adopt and adjust what they can have or not have. Hypertension is the number one silence killer so do not raise your blood pressure unnecessary. When you are angry, take a walk and cool down or watch a re-run on Netflix.

I was so glad to see so many posters welcome the OP with their kindness and helpful info (note sarcasm). Talk about nasty people. The OP had a bad experience with customer service and as most of us know that is not unusual as there are several threads stating this.

Although the OP's post was "rough" I am going to give them the benefit of believing they were frustrated and decided to vent here. Since the questions have been answered there is no reason for the OP to come back. All that would happen is there would be many more snarky comments.

Hopefully the OP can enjoy the cruise and forget the unpleasantness of both the customer service people and some of the cc members.

Does anyone think that the OP will ever see this? Perhaps she is lurking and reading the posts but not responding.....

Free sushi for the kid.

Free soda for the kid!

Squeaky wheels...

Yeah, now my cabin price is going to go up so you kids can have free sushi. what's next? Kids sail for free to go along with free sushi? How about free transfer since the parking at the NYC pier is $ 320/week? I know what, VIP checking if you have kids? Sounds good?

I was so glad to see so many posters welcome the OP with their kindness and helpful info (note sarcasm). Talk about nasty people. The OP had a bad experience with customer service and as most of us know that is not unusual as there are several threads stating this.

Although the OP's post was "rough" I am going to give them the benefit of believing they were frustrated and decided to vent here. Since the questions have been answered there is no reason for the OP to come back. All that would happen is there would be many more snarky comments.

Hopefully the OP can enjoy the cruise and forget the unpleasantness of both the customer service people and some of the cc members.

Seems the majority of people don't agree with your view or they wouldn't have posted what they did. The OP's post was just rude, why on earth would anyone feel the need to put the word 'hate' into a title? As someone else put, troll springs to mind. Who knows, but there are posts designed to get a reaction. Was this one? Again who knows. I know what I think.

The great thing about life though is we can all have different opinions :)

Kids waited 5 hours for Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios and they are not complaining and why are OP kids so special? Do you hate everything that you don't like?

Free sushi for the kid.

Free soda for the kid!

Squeaky wheels...

Carnival does too....its the "Brilliant" John Heald and he will "fix" anything for you on his Facebook page.....