Coral Princess Alaska Cruisetour Review: 100 Photos + 19 Videos!

Spaniel Lover

Thank you for such a wonderfully detailed cruise review! I thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures & video's also! I love taking pictures also, so I can see I am going to have a hard time getting on with my day to other things as well! :D

• 3 months later...

Great review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.

One question: Based on what you wrote, I assume all train seats are reserved and assigned?

And on those trains with upper decks, everyone has an assigned upper deck seat?

Wonderful review and pictures. We did the Panama Canal on the Coral and loved it so much that we are doing the Alaska Cruise tour this summer, but the connoisseur tour. Same itinerary but with most meals on land included.

• 11 months later...
thanks for the great review and all the lovely pictures going in may 2016 and cant wait

We are sailing NB in June 2016. Would be grateful whimbly if you could post your Patters after you return from your May Alaskan adventure! We're curious to see what the activities are ....

Have a wonderful trip!

Jim, thanks for this wonderful review. I love your writing style and you are a magnificent photographer! We did the Alaska cruise on the Sapphire in 2006 and it was a great cruise, but like you, we haven't been back. Too many other itineraries to take. Thanks again for a great read! By the way, I'm an alum of Cal Poly, SLO!! What a great area you live in!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a wonderful review. Love the comparisons to Carnival. I've cruised with both lines.

I don't believe I recall the afternoon cookies on Princess. I'll let our group know about this. Many will be happy.

I'm hoping someone on this thread can help me out. We have six balcony cabins on the starboard side of the Caribe deck booked and then one inside cabin in the same area. Is the door for the inside cabin on the port side or the starboard side?

One cool thing about travelling is that you get exposed to a lot of things you would never experience at home. Just as an example, I had never seen a cottonwood tree before. I guess we don't have them in California! There were a LOT of cottonwood trees in Alaska, and they were in bloom. When the breeze picked up, the cotton-like petals would fill the air and it looked like it was snowing!

Cottonwood-IMG_4653.JPG

One of many Cottonwood trees we saw in Alaska

Cottonwoods are the bane of my existence each spring. It's one thing I'm worried about on our trip to Alaska as they make my allergies go absolutely bonkers. However, these pics don't look like a cottonwood to me. Cottonwoods have much broader leaves. Maybe I'll be okay.

Edited by txwriter

First - this was a Wonderful Review!!!!

We are leaving on Sunday for Anchorage, taking the train up to Fairbanks on our own, then beginning our Cruise tour down. My question is this:

We have the Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway excursion booked. Your review indicated that no one gets off the train in Yukon. This is a disappointment. We will have our passports. Does anyone know if you have passports in hand, can you step off the train while it changes it's engine?

Great review, really enjoyed it! I am thinking about the same tour you took but You mentioned in your review you where having issues with only 2 bags on the land tour and had a CPAP machine plus camera equipment. My big concern is also how to carry the CPAP, camera equipment and normal have to have stuff normally in a carry on (must be soft side 17x10x4, etc), how did you solve this issue?

First - this was a Wonderful Review!!!!

We are leaving on Sunday for Anchorage, taking the train up to Fairbanks on our own, then beginning our Cruise tour down. My question is this:

We have the Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway excursion booked. Your review indicated that no one gets off the train in Yukon. This is a disappointment. We will have our passports. Does anyone know if you have passports in hand, can you step off the train while it changes it's engine?

There are different excursions some you go up and come down on the same train others you get off and explore then return. Another option is to take the train up and a van down. The last two you can get off the train :)

• 2 weeks later...