Self Assist

qsuzi

Unless something had changed I had problem walking off the Gem in Venice.

Something has changed then as Gem hasn't been in Europe in years. I think that it has something to do with the longer-than-the-ship-itself walk in order to even get to the terminal from the ship nowadays - was the same last July and this May.

Something has changed then as Gem hasn't been in Europe in years.

That probably explains why the Gem cruises listed in JohnIreland's signature took place back in 2008 and 2010...that way nobody will think the Gem was recently in Venice.

It depends on the port in question, for example in Venice there is no Easy Walk-Off. It is available in most ports though.

You are 100% correct that in Venice the Easy Walk-Off is not listed in the "pamflet" for disembarkation times - BUT if you are a Gold- or Platinum Latitude member you can still do it whenever you would like to (with or without carrying your own bags). We just did that when leaving the Jade a few of weeks ago. For the first time we decided to take our own bags ashore, just to have stuff in one of our suitcases available until leaving the ship. And since we are Platinum AND were staying in a suite this time, the concierge took us through a "short-cut" so that we came out on deck just at the security "check-point" instead of getting last in a very long line of passengers walking who wanted to leave the ship as late as possible...

But even without the concierge, being Gold or Platinum Latitude members, we could have walked off whenever we wanted to - with or without our luggage. Why the Easy Walk-Off isn't offered as an option to everyone when disembarking in Venice, is actually something I do NOT understand. Because it took literally only two minutes from we left the gangway of the ship until we were in a taxi - the lines were moving very quickly....

Here are the various walk-off times for the Jade in Venice in 2014:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=29159

Edited by TrumpyNor

That probably explains why the Gem cruises listed in JohnIreland's signature took place back in 2008 and 2010...that way nobody will think the Gem was recently in Venice.

Those of us on mobile don't see signatures, however, so the clarification is helpful.

Those of us on mobile don't see signatures, however, so the clarification is helpful.

Those of us on the regular site who do not wish to go mental also don't see them as they're turned off. Too much garbage. I just don't need 733 countdown clocks per thread...

Edited by triptolemus

Yes, it's called Easy Walk-Off Disembarkation. See below (specific times will vary depending on itinerary):

Disembarkation3.jpg

Disembarkation4.jpg

Thanks John, this was very helpful :)

Edited by qsuzi

Those of us on the regular site who do not wish to go mental also don't see them as they're turned off. Too much garbage. I just don't need 733 countdown clocks per thread...

So true. I do have a signature, only as a point of reference for other posters. I have worked to keep it minimal, but some folks have gone way overboard with their signatures. Some are close to a PAGE LONG.

I have blocked many of those posters, and probably miss some good postings unfortunately.

So true. I do have a signature, only as a point of reference for other posters. I have worked to keep it minimal, but some folks have gone way overboard with their signatures. Some are close to a PAGE LONG.

I have blocked many of those posters, and probably miss some good postings unfortunately.

You should try turning them all off... Even temporarily as an experiment. You'll be surprise how much more usable (readable) the forum is.

Does NCL have "self assist" debarkation?

Yes, NCL allows you to take the bark off any trees you can find on board. (sorry...bad one, couldn't resist!).:)

They also allow you to carry off your own bags when you disembark, and that group is usually the first off the ship.

I haven't seen or read a signature in years! Lol

I don't have one either

And no way I am doing a countdown clock

And lastly I just don't get the the roll call meet and great pax who say:

We are Mary and Ed from Osh kosh and we will be at the meet and greet with Betsy 12 Jody 11 and Susie 7

Only thing missing us last name and home address!!

When I post what appears to be personal data I always change it up

Dd. instead. Of ds

April cruise instead of may cruise

I always change the personal facts ever so slightly. No need for TMI

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships