Live from nautica 7/15

pacheco18

The is no where "down" to go from my cabin (lol) so I guess the Oceania gods will not smile on me. Enjoy your good fortune.

Maybe not "down" but "over". I now know of 2 people on our 7 day Med cruise who have moved from Inside on this cruise to Concierge cabins - one a 10 day Med cruise - the other to a 10 day cruise from Papeete.

CJ

Edited by cruisingxpert

Enjoying reading your "live from" - we are booked on the same itinerary for 2015! Just booked our mileage seats to London yesterday when the flights first became available.

Our very close "O" friends and their sister and brother-in-law are sailing with you - Bruce and Vicki from Coral Gables. Please tell them Ron and Barbara say Hi.

Keep up the wonderful posts. Hopefully we can get some good suggestions for private tours for our cruise next year.

We had an amazing private tour today on Faroe Islands. This place is magical. A world away from civilization to which we are accustomed.

I can provide names of private guides when I return. Some not all are listed on our roll call ( which we don't usually do)

Sea day tomorrow. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe not "down" but "over". I now know of 2 people on our 7 day Med cruise who have moved from Inside on this cruise to Concierge cabins - one a 10 day Med cruise - the other to a 10 day cruise from Papeete.

CJ

Yes. If they guaranteed too many insides u could be offered a lucrative move over to another cruise in a high cabin category. Most people don't want to move off a unique cruise one the one I am on. A med cruise is easier to get people to move off of

Laraine, do you know if Nolan Dean will be staying on for the cruise after yours? I would kind of prefer someone else :D.

Ron

Ron

No kidding. Lol

I will find out when he boards and let u know

Edited by pacheco18

Another observation

The cookies on this cruise are awful. Hard as a rock. They taste like boxed cookies that have been sitting on a supermarket shelf Good for the waistline I suppose

The ones on regatta were irresistible

Ask for the chocolate marble or chocolate chip cookies. They didn't have them often but they were great.

ThTs what I like

None to be found

I will inquire

Raisin

Peanut butter

Chocolate

All haft as a rock

Enjoying reading your "live from" - we are booked on the same itinerary for 2015! Just booked our mileage seats to London yesterday when the flights first became available.

Our very close "O" friends and their sister and brother-in-law are sailing with you - Bruce and Vicki from Coral Gables. Please tell them Ron and Barbara say Hi.

Keep up the wonderful posts. Hopefully we can get some good suggestions for private tours for our cruise next year.

And if you need any guides for the places Laraine did not book, I too will share! We have been alternating tours! And the cookies are awful!! But the on-board company is great and so is the staff. Just met the very affable Gen Mgr and the very nice Rest mgr!! Arlene

Another observation

The cookies on this cruise are awful. Hard as a rock. They taste like boxed cookies that have been sitting on a supermarket shelf Good for the waistline I suppose

The ones on regatta were irresistible

I have found that cookies are not one of O's strengths. A lot of times we don't want desert, especially at lunch. But would like to grab one good chocolate chip cookie on the way out of the Terrace. Doesn't happen. Maybe Hampton Inns will share their secret for their fresh baked chippers.

Lousy meal in polo tonight

Reinforces my observation about the inconsistency of the specialties from ship to ship and cruise to cruise

On regatta a month ago polo was superb. Different chef?

My steak over cooked. A steak house needs to get it right every time

My friend's steak so full of gristle she sent it back

Iceland tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lousy meal in polo tonight

Reinforces my observation about the inconsistency of the specialties from ship to ship and cruise to cruise

pacheco, I agree with you consistency seems to be lost with "O" on service and food-someone isn't managing the way they should.

Rick

We were there (on Insignia) in June 2006 and they are indeed gorgeous. Eight of us rented a car for the day and took ourselves around, but a Danish friend who has been there before recommended an itinerary to me. We didn't feel a lack just because we were on our own.

Saw a goat from the side of the road whose front half was black and back half was white, but the line dividing the two colors went straight as a board down his exact center. I've never seen anything like that ... there were plenty of black and white goats, but only one who was so evenly divided!

You'll love Iceland, too, I think ... there we also rented cars, except there we had to get two. We overnighted on that cruise so we had plenty of time for our "drive around".

Mura

Gasp

Blue jeans in polo last night

The woman snuck in lolol

There are some interesting rumors floating about the departure of bob drewes. I won't spread since unconfirmed

Rumor is that David Peterson coming on as cd. I will celebrate. I love him

Edited by pacheco18

Akureyi was amazing

I cannot recommend this itinerary highly enough

Terrace was fabulous tonight. One of best buffets ever with pad Thai, risotto with squid ink, tender veal roast.

Nolan dean arriving to be cd when we get to Reykjavik

Don't know if he is staying on for next cruise but who else is there?

We prevailed

The lamb chop "situation " lol has been rectified. There were lamb chops at the terrace grill this evening

/quote]

You are our hero. The rest of us can sleep tonight knowing their are lamb chops in our R future.

Marilyn

We prevailed

The lamb chop "situation " lol has been rectified. There were lamb chops at the terrace grill this evening

/quote]

You are our hero. The rest of us can sleep tonight knowing their are lamb chops in our R future.

Marilyn

We second that....having lamb chops tonight in celebration of what we can look forward to on our upcoming O cruises. That is, as long at Bruce and Vicki do not eat more than their share on this cruise and the following as part of their B2B...will send them email advising that they are on a limit:)

We prevailed

/quote]

Marilyn

Cannot take full credit

Collaborative effort

Excellent cc teamwork