What do you look forward to the most?

Zhane's mum

Sailing away and loosing connection to everything but DH, the vast ocean and the anticipation that I don't have to be anywhere or do anything. Total relaxation and no stress. 56 more days until I get that feeling again:)

The thing I look most forward to, is the service. I appreciate it so much. It's that one time that I don't have to serve anyone else. People serve me. No thoughts of what to cook for dinner or cleaning it up or anything regarding "normal" life. I love vacation time, but I love it even more when on a cruise ship.

Exactly what I was going to say......relaxation, wonderful service, peace and quiet or fun and excitement all in one place...ahhhh, can't wait til October......

Great question, but there are so many answers!

In no particular order:

Not having to lift a finger to do housework, cooking or clean up

Moderno, Le Bistro, Cagney's, O'Sheehan's

Going to sleep with the balcony door open

Feeling the slight rocking of the ship as we are underway

Cruising through the San Juans at sunset

Waking up to a different view every morning

The shows in the Stardust Theater every evening

Being on vacation with my love

Spending some quality time with my daughter. I have been on many cruises but this will be her first. I really look forward to seeing it through her eyes a little. There's nothing quite like your first time!

Rochelle

+1 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

P.S. You'll remember me - over those great martinis!

We have spent total of 44 nights on Epic and we can relive most moments on Epic.

After first Epic cruise, to us, NCL is Martini time, anytime dining in any restaurant, terrific and friendly staff, great buffets, etc etc.

We hope to be trying out Getaway in the autumn and will compare her to the Epic.

It was terrific meeting and spending time with you on Epic and I hope to meet you again sometime on another NCL cruise.

Much love to you!

Edited by bluesea777

After having had 20 Norwegian cruises, walking aboard a ship is like coming home. It is such a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere. My next cruise is on The Dawn out of one of my very favorite places New Orleans. January is a long way off yet, but not as far as The Escape in October 2015.

Gosh I love almost everything but most of all just being on the ocean. Also love the unexpected.................the funny passengers who are having a great time, the waiter who is so excited because he's headed home for a break, once a passenger draping me in mardi gras beads, etc. the list just goes on.

And I love the anticipation, it's almost like being a child again and waiting for Christmas.

I love coming home and having a sweet welcome from the felines. Then it's time to figure out how just soon I can book my next cruise:)

I just asked my teenage daughter what she was looking forward to the most on The Epic and she said a tuna melt at O'Sheehans. I said I was most looking forward to using the UDP and experiencing all the speciality restaurants....I guess we're both foodies.

What are you looking forward to the most on your next cruise? The spa' date=' not having to do housework, visiting a place on your bucket list, the water slides?[/quote']

I think no housework would be at the top of my list and next would be eating at Modernos and an Asian restaurant.

Not an exciting reply! But DH and I are really excited that we get to embark 45 minutes from our house!! No flying!! No TSA!! No long drive to NYC! Pack what we want!

And visiting Bermuda again for the first time in 5 years. It'll almost be like going home. :)

I look forward to seeing the familiar faces of our "adopted kids" on the crew and getting the great smiles, hugs, and handshakes. It is just like coming home !!!!!

Us Too !! :D

It's like old home week to see our crew friends again . :D

A non-sequitur, but the last time we went to Bermuda was with you on the Spirit! :) Well not WITH you, but with you. ;)

Yes, you were our C.C. leader if my memory serves me right . :)

Spirit is still my favorite ship ( but don't tell the Dawn that ) ;)

Hands down sail away is my favorite; sailing from the port of embarkation or ports along the way. I still get goose bumps even after 26 cruises.

I don't understand why everyone is not on the decks watching and celebrating the day. :D

The anticipation of what is to come is a big part of it.......:)

Yes, you were our C.C. leader if my memory serves me right . :)

Spirit is still my favorite ship ( but don't tell the Dawn that ) ;)

Yes! I was the CC leader. I agree about the Spirit...but as the Dawn is our next ship, we'll have to keep that quiet! ;)

I recall you mentioning your friends opening a butcher shop in our town the weekend we set sail. So glad they are still here! Wonderful store! We frequent them often! Fantastic quality!

So many things...our aft balcony, the sound of the sea, being unplugged with no cell phone, endless amounts of time to read, time alone with my husband, pretzel rolls, the fantastic crew, ordering what I want without worrying about the bill....

So many things...our aft balcony, the sound of the sea, being unplugged with no cell phone, endless amounts of time to read, time alone with my husband, pretzel rolls, the fantastic crew, ordering what I want without worrying about the bill....

+1 to pretzel rolls! No one does them better! :D

I look forward to trying all the good food as well as the lazy beach days. My favorite part is seeing the ship for the first time as we walk into embarkment. It's kind of exciting. Then it's finally real after the long wait. At that point it's gonna happen.

Upcoming cruise will be my first; we're honeymooning on the Epic! We both have very busy, often high stress jobs, and my son is autistic, and I am (almost guiltily) looking forward to not being responsible for anyone for 7 whole days. Just peace, adventure, and making memories with the love of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. You'll remember me - over those great martinis!

We have spent total of 44 nights on Epic and we can relive most moments on Epic.

After first Epic cruise, to us, NCL is Martini time, anytime dining in any restaurant, terrific and friendly staff, great buffets, etc etc.

We hope to be trying out Getaway in the autumn and will compare her to the Epic.

It was terrific meeting and spending time with you on Epic and I hope to meet you again sometime on another NCL cruise.

Much love to you!

Wow what a surprise!! You are going to live for a long time, I was thinking about you the other day when I was on the carenage in Grenada.

Thanks for the photo and the memories. Yes martini tasting was a fun time, were there 3 for the whole TA? And the same gang used to meet at shakers for it.

We are considering the Escape TA in Oct 15 from Southampton or the Getaway so please report back after your cruise. Would love to see you on a ship one day, we'll meet at shakers bar :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums