Givingthe Plaza deck a try

Cozzette2

Booked my daughter's wedding cruise on the Crown to Mexico next April. I really wanted to try the Plaza deck. We are booked into P328. I put everyone else on the Caribe deck. My TA said she would put us in for an upgrade and I turned her down. She was surprised but I really want to try out the Plaza deck. It looks like a great location although up all those stairs for breakfast will really work up an appetite.

Booked my daughter's wedding cruise on the Crown to Mexico next April. I really wanted to try the Plaza deck. We are booked into P328. I put everyone else on the Caribe deck. My TA said she would put us in for an upgrade and I turned her down. She was surprised but I really want to try out the Plaza deck. It looks like a great location although up all those stairs for breakfast will really work up an appetite.

Many posters really like the Plaza deck, with its convenience to the atrium area and ease of getting on and off the ship at port calls.

I turned down an upgrade to the area you are booked, however, as I had read of stabilizer noise and vibration in that part of the deck during rough seas. I am a light sleeper, though, so YMMV. Just wanted give you a "heads up".

Yes, but just around the corner for the IC!:D We always particularly ask for Plaza deck.

Love Plaza deck. Just booked it on Sun Princess for 46 days Asia/Africa in 2016. Love it, handy to everything mentioned above plus close to a laundry that not many cabins use.Can' t wait!:)

I loved the plaza deck. I had an inside cabin but the location was great.

Are you saying that you picked the Plaza OV over a Caribe balcony? I haven't had a Caribe balcony yet but I've heard that they are amazing.

Try the Caribe someday as they are amazing. We now stay on the Caribe deck. Once upgraded to it and now we are spoiled.

We love the Plaza deck. No need to climb stairs for breakfast since the IC is right there. The elevators are very close and it is the last stop going down so the elevators are not full. We do anytime dining so our MDR is just steps away. I got upgraded to a Plaza deck cabin a long time ago and now I book it almost everytime. We are going to Alaska next week and I chose Plaza because my wife would never go out to the balcony since it would be too cold.

I love the Plaza deck. We have it booked for our 49 day So America cruise. It is very close to everything. You can also have breakfast in the dinning room very close no running up the stairs.

Last year I booked the Plaza deck on the CB for our western Caribbean cruise. We were upgraded to the Baja deck, which I dod not mind. In fact, I was OK with that because we had several days of rough seas (mother too bad) but I remember sitting in the atrium listening to the stabilizers "grinding" away and thinking the plaza deck would be a noisy place in rough seas....

Just make sure your cabin is a double and not a triple/quad.

Beds against the wall are a BIG pain in the head/shoulders. :eek:

Absolutely agree!

Found this out the hard way :rolleyes:

Plaza deck is a great location though :)

Just make sure your cabin is a double and not a triple/quad.

Beds against the wall are a BIG pain in the head/shoulders. :eek:

I've had a triple and the bed was folded up into the ceiling. If you didn't look up and see the outline you would never know it was there. I agree though that I don't think I would ever want one of the quad rooms with the beds on the side walls.

I've had a triple and the bed was folded up into the ceiling. If you didn't look up and see the outline you would never know it was there. I agree though that I don't think I would ever want one of the quad rooms with the beds on the side walls.

Was it on Plaza deck?

I loved the plaza deck. I had an inside cabin but the location was great.

Are you saying that you picked the Plaza OV over a Caribe balcony? I haven't had a Caribe balcony yet but I've heard that they are amazing.

No, we booked the wedding party on the Caribe deck [ 2 balconies and 4 inside ] I specifically wanted to try the Plaza deck.

The TA said she would put me in for an upgrade and that doesn't necessarily mean a balcony, I want to stay put.

We stayed on the Caribe deck when we went on the panama Canal cruise and yes, those balconies are huge. We had the ultimate breakfast delivered on the balcony and it was amazing. The bride and groom will enjoy their balcony but for a trip to the Mexican Riviera a window will be just fine for me.

Edited by Cozzette2

I have cruised one time on the Plaza deck and loved it. It was very quiet since there are not many cabins on that deck. I wake up very early so I loved being able to walk down the hall to the coffee bar and easily grab a cup of coffee and go back to my room. And, it is so close to the International Café! That could be a good or bad thing.:):):)

We were just on Plaza deck (P238/242) on the Star to Alaska. We loved it! The IC was super close and getting off in ports was super easy as well. We had no problems with noise (and there are definitely some rough days out of SF).

The only problem I noticed was in the mornings, as we walked through the Art Gallery towards the IC, there was a very strong smell of smoke - some days more cigarette, some days more cigar. I'm extremely sensitive to smoke, though, so others may not notice it.

We would definitely book Plaza deck again.

My DH and I love the Plaza deck. Have booked it on our 2 upcoming cruises and on the last several years and most often we specify no upgrade. It is always quiet, close to the IC and the forward elevators. If it is really rough, you will hear some noise, but it has never been a problem for us and I am a very light sleeper...

I have stayed on the plaza deck a few times and I love the location, however the noise from the stabilizers going into port was too much for me. I'm a light sleeper and it was just too noisy which is a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have stayed on the plaza deck a few times and I love the location, however the noise from the stabilizers going into port was too much for me.

Stabilizers are only used at sea. In confined areas, and docking,

they are retracted.

I have stayed on the plaza deck a few times and I love the location, however the noise from the stabilizers going into port was too much for me. I'm a light sleeper and it was just too noisy which is a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was probably the side thrusters.

Whatever they are, they can be extremely noisy.

Coming back from the W. Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess earlier this year we had oceanview cabins P-329-P335. This was the cruise that had to return to Houston early as they were planning to close the port for a day or more due to fog problems. Ship was going as fast as it could and it was very rough. We've stayed on Plaza deck many times, but have never experienced the loud, grinding noise we had that night. I just put in my ear plugs, but we were traveling with friends who haven't cruised much and they're still talking about it! :)