Noticed this in the Freedom's MDR

We were on the Freedom earlier this month, and we noticed that almost every night, our waiter in the MDR brought an extra appetizer and/or entree to the table. Usually, it was something that no one at the table had ordered.

Is this something new?

We thought the food was overall, quite good. So, we thought one possibiliy was RC was trying to show off the quality of its MDR food.

The other possiblity was that there was extra food. Despite the ship being close to full, there were empty tables in the MDR, particularly on formal nights. The people at our table skipped dinner several nights, and we at Portofino's one night.

We were on the Freedom earlier this month, and we noticed that almost every night, our waiter in the MDR brought an extra appetizer and/or entree to the table. Usually, it was something that no one at the table had ordered.

Is this something new?

We thought the food was overall, quite good. So, we thought one possibiliy was RC was trying to show off the quality of its MDR food.

The other possiblity was that there was extra food. Despite the ship being close to full, there were empty tables in the MDR, particularly on formal nights. The people at our table skipped dinner several nights, and we at Portofino's one night.

My guess is that it depends on the waiter. I've seen this before. Perhaps the waiter overheard some guests discussing appetizer choices and decided to give them a taste. I doubt that it is some fleetwide new policy.

Edited by clarea

We had MTD on the Brilliance this last May and we requested the same water each night. Often she would bring us an extra appetizer or main dish. Usually it was when we didn't order what she thought was an especially good dish and she wanted us to try it and give our opinion.

A few times we would order something that some of her other diners didn't like and she would tell us, which we appreciated so much. We gave her a WOW card because she made our 26 days on that cruise better!

We had MTD on Allure, and our waiter brought extra everything ! I won't mention his name so he doesn't get in trouble, but he would make a recommendation and if we didn't order it, he would bring what we ordered and his recommendation ! Don't get me started on how many lobster tails he brought us ! Needless to say, he got a big tip at the end of the cruise, and our next Allure cruise, we are definitely requesting to be seated where he is serving !

Agree with all above... not unusual, but doesn't happen to every table.

I had superb MDR service on Vision last Sept. Our table discussed the old MDR menus, especially with the various and awesome lone Indian dish available each night. Our waiter and asst waiter were Indian and we had a good talk about those dishes, he was really into talking about it.... 15 min later our ordered dinners arrived, and with the help of the Head Waiter they also served an entire Indian spread in the middle of our table (4 different dishes) made from scratch! They told us the Indian chefs were so into making their homeland food for us when we were talking about how good it was and how much we enjoyed it in the past :D:D:D

A long time ago (first cruise actually) I couldn't make up my mind between entre's on the first night, and one of our tablemates suggested i order both. Every meal after that, the waiter brought me two of everything I ordered. He figured I was just a big eater, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app