International Cafe

atdahop

You pay for all beverages just like any bar. The food counter and beverage counter are separate, you have to go to both, or sit down and a waitress will take your beverage order.

On our last two cruises (only ones we've been on with an IC), I don't recall seeing any one taking drink orders in the Piazza, and we often went to the Piazza to listen to music.

Not to confuse you, but coffee at the buffet is not brewed. It's coffee made from syrup concentrate.

Mmmm syrup.

I am somewhat of a coffee snob and buy the coffee card, however I have come to enjoy the "syrup" coffee in the HC and dining rooms. I believe this is due to the memories triggered with the unique aroma and taste of this coffee. It triggers the memories of being on a Princess cruise and therefore is a positive experience. I actually do think this coffee is very good and consistent.

I am somewhat of a coffee snob and buy the coffee card, however I have come to enjoy the "syrup" coffee in the HC and dining rooms. I believe this is due to the memories triggered with the unique aroma and taste of this coffee. It triggers the memories of being on a Princess cruise and therefore is a positive experience. I actually do think this coffee is very good and consistent.

We don't mind it at all. :)

Last time on the Emerald the fresh brewed in the IC was consistantly bad for the entire cruise. :rolleyes:

Last cruise the syrup coffee was quite good - until we asked for a refill. We obviously got coffee from a different dispenser or a different batch. It went from pretty darn good to OMG horrible. Whatever. It was coffee. :)

Last cruise the syrup coffee was quite good - until we asked for a refill. We obviously got coffee from a different dispenser or a different batch. It went from pretty darn good to OMG horrible. Whatever. It was coffee. :)

LOL. No it wasn't. It was hot and it was brown, but it wasn't coffee. :eek:

I'm a starbuck's drinker, but a simple one, I usually like the dark coffee w/ a shot of expresso and a little steamed milk. Would they have something similar to that on the Coral?

Ask for an Americano, which is what I always have. I order it with a double shot; no extra punch on your coffee card.

thanks sounds good :) so sounds strong:D

Strength is in how much water is added. I take mine in a latte glass which leaves little room for water. Yes. Big jolt! Helps my A+ personality. ;)

For weaker, have them do it in a large takeaway container (I hate cardboard) or in the monster cappuccino cup.

On our last two cruises (only ones we've been on with an IC)' date=' I don't recall seeing any one taking drink orders in the Piazza, and we often went to the Piazza to listen to music.[/quote']

They did it on the Caribbean Princess for our 2009 and 2011 cruises. We were quite surprised. Same wait staff as just by IC.

They did it on the Caribbean Princess for our 2009 and 2011 cruises. We were quite surprised. Same wait staff as just by IC.

Strange, because I have always seen someone taking orders. On all ships. In fact, when I go to the counter they usually intercept and ask me to take a seat. I prefer standing there so I see that they make my Americano the way I like it.

Strange, because I have always seen someone taking orders. On all ships. In fact, when I go to the counter they usually intercept and ask me to take a seat. I prefer standing there so I see that they make my Americano the way I like it.

I guess we really noticed it on those 2 cruises since we sat there often with our grandchild. I was just responding to someone that did not see anyone taking orders there and knew for sure they did so on the 2 mentioned.

Edited by sept10dsm

I usually find it simple nowadays to take a thermal mug. Then if I want something to drink from the buffet but food from the IC, no problems. Besides, it allows me ship freedom while nursing my preferred drink.

I especially like the frozen chocolate and caramel. Massive calories, but so good.

Doug

PS: Pia is A++ :D