2016 Cruises

wrl001

Just received the 2016 winter pre view brochure in the mail.The exact same cruise we are taking this winter is in the brochure for exactly $500 per stateroom more .

To be fair, there are many new cruises in the brochure. If it is an older cruise, you gained by booking early :)

Don't we all expect prices to go up a bit? I certainly do.

Especially as the economy improves means higher prices plus less bonuses. Note the preview is missing the free grats that the 2015 cruise preview had last year.

Especially as the economy improves means higher prices plus less bonuses. Note the preview is missing the free grats that the 2015 cruise preview had last year.

I am not concerned about free gratuities. My TA has always gotten them for me and I will have reached 10 cruises on my next cruise so they will be included anyway. I think the free internet is a great new bonus.

A $500 pp increase over an 18 day cruise is not unreasonable. Would I prefer no increase? A reduction? Of course. But I am a realist. Oceania is successful. Prices tend to go up, not down, barring a catastrophe (which no one wants).

I am not concerned about free gratuities. My TA has always gotten them for me and I will have reached 10 cruises on my next cruise so they will be included anyway. I think the free internet is a great new bonus.

A $500 pp increase over an 18 day cruise is not unreasonable. Would I prefer no increase? A reduction? Of course. But I am a realist. Oceania is successful. Prices tend to go up, not down, barring a catastrophe (which no one wants).

Read the fine print. You always need a lawyer when it comes to "O" terms. On the R class it only applies OS and VS. On A and above it is 200 to 500 minutes depending on the length. Despite the big placards "free internet" with a small asterisk - kinda misleading.

Read the fine print. You always need a lawyer when it comes to "O" terms. On the R class it only applies OS and VS. On A and above it is 200 to 500 minutes depending on the length. Despite the big placards "free internet" with a small asterisk - kinda misleading.

It's a new benefit

It's good

It's free -- just not unlimited

I never complain when they give me more

Go check the Azamara boards -- they took away the free internet and free laundry. Folks are abandoning ship. LOL

My grocery bill has gone up, the price of gas is always in flux

if I was working I would hope my wages would rise over the next 2yrs so why would the cruises not increase also

Unless of course you want cheaper cruise prices & with that goes quality

Sometimes you just cannot have all your way :(

It's not a new destination we booked it in 2014 for 2015.The 2016 cruise is $500.00 per person more .

Acrusa,

OK I guess it is a price increase then.

I looked at the transatlantic cruise we are booked on for 2015. The exact same cruise in 2016 shows early booking price up $200 for a veranda.

Probably if you compared many cruises 2016 vs 2015, the numbers would vary but overall up.

Our transatlantic of course does not have many ports. Does yours? Maybe port charges have gone up.

Tom

This morning I found on the Oceania website the brochure for the new 2016 cruises that will go on sale Sept 17. I also eventually found the cruises listed with prices and perks (tried again after I got an error message). :)

• 1 month later...

For itineraries, do you think that Oceania will do the Northwest Passage as Crystal is doing in 2016? (Seward to New York City). That would be awesome. Crystal sold out immediately and has an immense waiting list. O would sell out in a flash (or Regent). I'd sign up in a minute. :D

For itineraries, do you think that Oceania will do the Northwest Passage as Crystal is doing in 2016? (Seward to New York City). That would be awesome. Crystal sold out immediately and has an immense waiting list. O would sell out in a flash (or Regent). I'd sign up in a minute. :D

Oceania (and Regent) do not seem to be adventure oriented. Good grief, they don't even do Antarctica which Crystal does on a regular basis. Crystal has gone to extraordinary lengths for their NW Passage cruise, including having an accompanying icebreaker to travel with the Serenity. Besides, Oceania wouldn't be able to profiteer off of exorbitantly high shore excursions…maybe that's why they don't do Antarctica :D

Edited by edgee
spelling

Well, I just went on a wait list for Crystal's NW passage trip 8/2016 because I am afraid that O or Regent will not do it, and it is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Love O, but I think you are right that they will not have this kind of excursion trip. Oh, sad.

It appears to me that every cruise line seems to have its own profile which is what attracts a particular type of customer--whether it is itinerary or excursions or on board food/activities or some combination of those and we are not likely to be able to change them dramatically. I guess that is just called "choice"--"Viva la difference".

Wiks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app