Inside cabin access on Star

zelker

Having never sailed on Princess before, can someone tell me if, on Star Princess specifically, when I see Inside cabins across from a Mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck deck plan, are the Inside cabin accessed in the same hallway or is the white space that runs between the two sets of Inside cabins that I see on the deck plan a hallway for the Inside cabin doors? :confused:

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the Inside cabin doors will potentially be directly across from our door. :o Hope I explained this clearly enough that someone can answer!

Thanks!

The white areas between cabins are primarily crew access areas & cabin doors are accessible from hallways. I don't know which cabin you have but most are on the lengthwise hallways but some are on shorter hallways across the width of the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not talking about the larger white crew areas. I'm holding D509 which is midship on a long hallway. Directly across there are some Inside cabins. On the deck plan, there is a thin white area between these Inside cabins and the ones that would be considered the Port side cabins. So do the Inside cabins have their own little interior hallway right there, between the Port side Insides and the Starboard Insides or do those doors all open into the main long hallway (and thus, right across from our cabin door)?

Not talking about the larger white crew areas. I'm holding D509 which is midship on a long hallway. Directly across there are some Inside cabins. On the deck plan, there is a thin white area between these Inside cabins and the ones that would be considered the Port side cabins. So do the Inside cabins have their own little interior hallway right there, between the Port side Insides and the Starboard Insides or do those doors all open into the main long hallway (and thus, right across from our cabin door)?

The cabins will open directly off of the main corridor - not that little space between the banks of interior rooms. Their doors will be opposite yours on the hallway.

Edited by Thrak

I see that area between those inside cabins & my experience has been that access is into the main hallway & across from your cabin. I have a friend who had an inside cabin with the white space you see between inside cabins who said that narrow area was for ducting.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thats the main passageway.

They open into the main passageway only that faces each other.

No private passageway.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I see that area between those inside cabins & my experience has been that access is into the main hallway & across from your cabin. I have a friend who had an inside cabin with the white space you see between inside cabins who said that narrow area was for ducting.

Makes sense. Thanks, everyone, for clarifying. :)

Edited by zelker

Having never sailed on Princess before, can someone tell me if, on Star Princess specifically, when I see Inside cabins across from a Mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck deck plan, are the Inside cabin accessed in the same hallway or is the white space that runs between the two sets of Inside cabins that I see on the deck plan a hallway for the Inside cabin doors? :confused:

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the Inside cabin doors will potentially be directly across from our door. :o Hope I explained this clearly enough that someone can answer!

Thanks!

They use the same hallway.those unmarked areas are work space for room stewarts or other misc areas for the crew(like stairs).

There is no room for crew in that area.

Some of the large area have spaces the room stewards to store their carts and spare laundry. There are also crew stairs/e operators there as well.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Some of the large area have spaces the room stewards to store their carts and spare laundry. There are also crew stairs/e operators there as well.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

I agree but not in the space that the OP is referring to.

Thanks!

Yep, they are directly across from you cabin door and the occupants might even say hello, so don't be surprised. They don't make we inside, windowless dwellers use a separate hallway.

Have a great cruise.

Yep, they are directly across from you cabin door and the occupants might even say hello, so don't be surprised. They don't make we inside, windowless dwellers use a separate hallway.

Have a great cruise.

It's not like the titanic, the insides aren't "steerage" , everybody gets to eat together and even play bingo together. :D:D

It's not like the titanic, the insides aren't "steerage" , everybody gets to eat together and even play bingo together. :D:D

Thanks, I thought that I was the only one who read it that way.

I'm in an inside, directly across from a mini-suite on my repo cruise in October. All of the ships (on Princess and HAL) are set up like that. I understand that Cunard does have classes that are distinct. Which is why I don't choose to sail Cunard. Oh yeah, and then there's the $$$$.

Oh, geez, people. Don't morph the question into something it's not. :rolleyes: Some ships have an additional interior hallway that the inside cabins open onto. When I saw the deck plan, it made me wonder if that's what I was looking at ... so I inquired. And I was only asking because often times kids wind up in the inside cabins and we were hoping to avoid the potential for door slamming/"unruly kids without parents at all hours" stuff right across from us.

The areas indicated in red are just crew passageways. You have no access to them.

Capture11.jpg

Here is one of the few areas with an actual passenger inside passage (in blue). Notice that it connects to the main hallway.

Capture12.jpg

Edited by denmarks