Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic

I have made numerous Transatlantics but never on a ship the size of Oasis. I am considering the Sep 1st TA, which seems close to fully booked. I'm wondering whether 10 straight days at sea with 4,000 guests would make for a pleasant cruise or would it just be too hectic.

I would do the cruise in a heartbeat if I could. So much to do on the ship. I think it would be less hectic for us because we would have that much more time to try everything the ship has to offer.

Edited by clarea

I have made numerous Transatlantics but never on a ship the size of Oasis. I am considering the Sep 1st TA, which seems close to fully booked. I'm wondering whether 10 straight days at sea with 4,000 guests would make for a pleasant cruise or would it just be too hectic.

You would be some of the first paying customers to ever make a transatlantic crossing on an OASIS class ship.

Pricing is very good. I am on her return voyage 13 nights on Oct 14 after her drydock.

This ship has lots to offer for sea days. I would do it.

We figured we'd never get to experience the Oasis/Allure because we don't take 7 day cruises and we probably won't ever do a Caribbean cruise again.

So when we found out that they were doing TA cruises, we figured we'd finally get to experience her.

Waited too long to book fall of 2014, so we are booked on the Allure for 2015.

We can't wait....

In my industry we have a term called TASK LOADING which is the number tasks you are required to do divided by the time you have available to do them. Our solution is to on the ground set the brake or in the air slow down.

Normally you have three seas days on the Allure or Oasis to see and do everything these ships have to offer. Now you have ten days to do everything. You have way more time to enjoy the ship. For us we see these two ships as the destination vs. going to some island we have seen before.

Cruising is not that difficult. You are required to do four things.

SHOW UP

ATTEND THE MUSTER

PAY YOUR BILL

GET OFF THE SHIP

Well, five if you include dressing up on formal night in the MDR. Or six if you include not smoking where you are not allowed to. However, these are each covered three times daily here

I have told potential cruiser friends of mine that you can be as busy on a cruise or a lazy on a cruise as YOU want to be. If it is hectic, it is because you wanted a hectic cruise by trying to do everything show, game, contest, event that they have to offer. If you want a lazy cruise by just finding a place in the shade or sun and reading a book, you are good to go.

For the TLDR (too long didn't read) group.

Hectic or Pleasant = Your choice

By the way, we are doing the October Oasis Westbound Trans-Atlantic. The Flowrider is MINE!

Edited by tanzer22pilot

You would be some of the first paying customers to ever make a transatlantic crossing on an OASIS class ship.

Pricing is very good. I am on her return voyage 13 nights on Oct 14 after her drydock.

This ship has lots to offer for sea days. I would do it.

See you onboard!

See you onboard!

Indeed!! A couple of years ago I realized her 5 year drydock was coming up and I knew I wanted to book her TA sailing.

At first I booked both eastbound and westbound but went for westbound as I wanted to 'bring her back home' to Port Everglades :)

We seriously looked at doing this cruise. The pluses were: best ship and entertainment we've ever seen. There should be fewer kids. We are older and don't have the tolerance we used to have.

The minuses: 12 days with only one port, then the long, fairly expensive, air back to Phoenix. We looked at the following cruise which was a five day Med. with only two additional ports. This was way more expensive than we were willing to pay. Seventeen days with three ports. In contrast, we are doing a B2B, with TA, on Celebrity Equinox in October which is twenty seven days with thirteen ports, including an over nighter in Venice.

We determined it was too much money for what we would see. It's all about the ports, the ship is just the icing on the cake.

My money is on the folks will kiss the ground when they get off after the 10 sea day TA . And this from a person that loves sea days & TA's.

We are probably in the minority on this one, but we would love the 10 days at sea.:)

On a different note, I'm sure this has been answered before, but I missed it. I wonder why it's taking 10 days when other ships do it in 7?

We are probably in the minority on this one, but we would love the 10 days at sea.:)

On a different note, I'm sure this has been answered before, but I missed it. I wonder why it's taking 10 days when other ships do it in 7?

I could do the 10 days no problem, but judging from other cruises with a lot of sea days most folks will be quite antsy. My guess is the 10 days is to save fuel & boost onboard spending.

Would love to do a TA however until they start doing them while school is out we will have to wait until retirement.

The TA's that I have seen done in 8 days were Anthem and Quantum from Southhampton to New Jersey which looks like a shorter distance than Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I would suspect that they are running at a very optimal speed to get the best fuel mileage.

Interested...

What are weather conditions' date=' I wonder, at that time of year ? Warm enough to use the pools, or would we have to wait until she gets closer to FLA ?[/quote']

We found it warm enough for the pools between the Canary Islands and Florida.

Oh I can't wait. Just book today. The sea days are great. I did Indy TA this past May and loved it. Its great just relaxing getting up at 11am of course going to bed at 3am. :) It was a great cruise. Weather on Indy is May was fantastic, calm seas. lots of whales and all sunny days. Got a little cooler that last few days, but sitting in the sun you definatley got hot.

Most itineraries stop at the Mediera or Canary Islands which is 7/8 days from Florida and then another 2 days to the Europe mainland. Oasis is going straight through to Malaga which is a 10 day transit.

Most itineraries stop at the Mediera or Canary Islands which is 7/8 days from Florida and then another 2 days to the Europe mainland. Oasis is going straight through to Malaga which is a 10 day transit.

That makes sense, thanks.

I'd love 10 days at sea as well.

I've done several transatlantic's and have never got off in any port. I enjoy resting and the ship. :-)