Vision ~ B2B ~ 5 Nights ~ July 21st & 26th: My Diary

:D

I wonder if we were ever on board at the same time and didn't know it. We booked a GS for the cruise that made us Diamond so that we could gain access to his lounge, one cruise early. :) The good old days of cruising. I think that's how many of us see the Julian era.

Gina

I don't know....I think we would have met if we were. We were on three times with Julian.....the last time was his last cruise on board. We booked it just because it WAS his last cruise.

Great review as usual, Jane. and we only have a few weeks for you to sail again. We liked JW when we sailed on her out of Tampa in 2012.

Thanks, Sherri! We sailed on Jewel out of Tampa, too and also Boston. Looking forward to getting on a Radiance Class ship again......it's been a while. I love them the best, I think!

Hi! I'm just going back & reading your reviews from your many previous cruises because I enjoyed the most recent Vision B2B review and I've come up with a question.

I noticed that you don't make your MTD reservations until you are onboard the ship. Do you recommend this? In January, I made our reservations online before we sailed. We're sailing again in January, 2015, and we want to dine with my parents (who are on another reservation). Is it better to go to the MTD area once on board & request the times we want & the table we'd like (for 4) or reserve online?

Thanks for your help!

Julie

Hi! I'm just going back & reading your reviews from your many previous cruises because I enjoyed the most recent Vision B2B review and I've come up with a question.

I noticed that you don't make your MTD reservations until you are onboard the ship. Do you recommend this? In January, I made our reservations online before we sailed. We're sailing again in January, 2015, and we want to dine with my parents (who are on another reservation). Is it better to go to the MTD area once on board & request the times we want & the table we'd like (for 4) or reserve online?

Thanks for your help!

Julie

Hey Julie! Yes....you are right.....I don't make any reservations on line for anything. That is the first thing I do when we get on board.....first I secure the specialty restaurants and then head to the MTD desk. I have never had a problem. Possibly because we still dine at 8:30 even though in MTD. Most people who do MTD want those earlier times, so 8:30 is almost always available. You should have your reservations linked with your parents even though we've eaten many times with others and we weren't linked. They handle everything at the MTD desk. It just works best for me. I like doing things in person.

Edited by max'smom

Thanks' date=' Sherri! We sailed on Jewel out of Tampa, too and also Boston. Looking forward to getting on a Radiance Class ship again......it's been a while. I love them the best, I think![/size']

Jane

Have a wonderful b2b, and I am beyond jealous. I can't wait to hear another amazing review in the end of September

Jane

Have a wonderful b2b, and I am beyond jealous. I can't wait to hear another amazing review in the end of September

Thanks!! It's been a while since we have been to some of these islands, so I am doing research right now!

:D

I wonder if we were ever on board at the same time and didn't know it. We booked a GS for the cruise that made us Diamond so that we could gain access to his lounge, one cruise early. :) The good old days of cruising. I think that's how many of us see the Julian era.

Gina

You can count me in that club also. :)

Thanks for the wonderful review, Jane. I will be sailing the Roatan/Coz itinerary next month and your review has helped tremendously!

Edited by yj2cute

I really enjoyed your review with pics Jane! My husband & I are working our way up the level chain. We'll be platinum after our cruise next October. We almost booked the Vision for then but decided on a shorter cruise on the Navigator out of Galveston as we live in Texas. We have sailed with a few other cruise lines so this is why we aren't already platinum or even Diamond by now. We haven't sailed the Vision but have been on her other sister ships the Rhapsody and Splendor of the Seas.

I have a question for you. We will be in our first Junior suite on Royal Carribaen on our cruise next October. I know we don't get suite perks other than priority embarkation but I was wondering if we would be allowed to use the Concierge Lounge?

Thanks so much! Happy cruising!

You can count me in that club also. :)

Thanks for the wonderful review, Jane. I will be sailing the Roatan/Coz itinerary next month and your review has helped tremendously!

Great! I am so glad! Can't wait to get back to Roatan.

I really enjoyed your review with pics Jane! My husband & I are working our way up the level chain. We'll be platinum after our cruise next October. We almost booked the Vision for then but decided on a shorter cruise on the Navigator out of Galveston as we live in Texas. We have sailed with a few other cruise lines so this is why we aren't already platinum or even Diamond by now. We haven't sailed the Vision but have been on her other sister ships the Rhapsody and Splendor of the Seas.

I have a question for you. We will be in our first Junior suite on Royal Carribaen on our cruise next October. I know we don't get suite perks other than priority embarkation but I was wondering if we would be allowed to use the Concierge Lounge?

Thanks so much! Happy cruising!

No....I'm afraid you must be in a GS or higher for that. But JS's are so nice for the extra room and the bathtub. You will enjoy that.

Thanks for the great review and lovely pictures. We will be on the Vision in February and it was nice to preview some of what is to come. We will be in our first GS cabin and are looking forward to experiencing the CL!

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

That is cool if they have a Thriller show, I will love it! Was that in addition to the 70's party?

We had both the 70's party and the thriller dance on our 5 night last week.

Did you happen to notice if they installed the Freestyle Soda machines?

No freestyle machine on Vision.

Thanks for the great review and lovely pictures. We will be on the Vision in February and it was nice to preview some of what is to come. We will be in our first GS cabin and are looking forward to experiencing the CL!

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

You will love the GS and all that entails. Thanks for reading and have a great cruise in February!

That is cool if they have a Thriller show, I will love it! Was that in addition to the 70's party?

If you want to be part of the Thriller show.....there are three practices. I was amazed at how well everybody did. And that is definitely at a different time from the 70's party. On both our cruises it was held at 10:15 on the last night of the cruise.

Jane,

Thanks for the great pictures and wonderful review. We had an awesome cruise and enjoyed meeting many new people.

Nelson and Julie

Nelson and Julie....it was great meeting you guys! Have a great school year and cruise every time you can!!

Thanks' date=' Sherri! We sailed on Jewel out of Tampa, too and also Boston. Looking forward to getting on a Radiance Class ship again......it's been a while. I love them the best, I think![/size']
I'd like to sail on Jewel again or BR out of Tampa. Nice, elegant ships.

I'm looking forward to your next B2B review of her!!

One more question - did you do self-disembark? I know it is horrid on Liberty, great on Majesty. If you did it on Vision, how was it? Did you have to carry your luggage down flights of stairs like on Liberty or was it really easy? Thanks

One more question - did you do self-disembark? I know it is horrid on Liberty, great on Majesty. If you did it on Vision, how was it? Did you have to carry your luggage down flights of stairs like on Liberty or was it really easy? Thanks

Hey There! No we did not do self disembark, but a lot of people did. It seemed to be very organized. There shouldn't have been any problem with using the elevator....you just have to be patient. We left with the tail end of the walk offs. We were the very first off that need to pick up luggage. It was very fast and we got out of there in no time.

Hey There! No we did not do self disembark' date=' but a lot of people did. It seemed to be very organized. There shouldn't have been any problem with using the elevator....you just have to be patient. We left with the tail end of the walk offs. We were the very first off that need to pick up luggage. It was very fast and we got out of there in no time.[/size']

Cool, thanks. That is what we want to do. Guess we will find out in 2 weeks when we are on Vision