Dessert question

DES07

For our 50th, Princess presented us with their Decadent Chocolate Ganache Cake

(4x4x3). It melted in my mouth and I wanted more.....:D

IMO The best dessert ever. Not sure if they have same cake in regular desserts. I always try to think of an anniversary or BD to celebrate while on board.

D'Oh! I posted above but did it in the wrong thread. Hopefully folks realize I don't order the escargot or fettuccine as deserts... :eek:

Ya know I'm interested in Escargot. Cruising is my best time to try new foods and such cause it's all included! But i've always been a bit leary of those .. How does it taste?

D'Oh! I posted above but did it in the wrong thread. Hopefully folks realize I don't order the escargot or fettuccine as deserts... :eek:

Relax. The OP asked "Also, what is the best food to try on this ship?" Food, not dessert. But it's an way-over-general question, anyway. I, for instance, don't particularly like creme brulée. So do we think I should try it on the ship? Nah...

Most of Princess desserts are not as sweet as Carnivals, I prefer Princess, DH doesn't think they are sweet enough. MYy recommendation, try one of everything.
One Panama transit cruise our table for 10 ordered every dessert on the menu to start each night. Each of us could try whatever we wanted, then either just finished what was there or ordered a full dessert of our choice. There was no food wasted but food was waisted.

Hard to describe...it tastes a lot like butter, in which it is served. NOT low-cal!

Escargots are delicious! They're served in garlic melted butter... Stop the remainder with one of those yummy hard rolls Princess does to perfection!

Soak it up! :D

We have never cruised Princess before only Carnival. So, tell me does Emerald Princess have the molten chocolate cake?

They have it in the Crown Grill steakhouse which has a $25/person charge to eat there.

Best food is at the Crown Grill! The 14 oz Ribeye is to die for! :p:o

Now as to snacks, Nothing beats the IC and those fresh baked "Warm Peanut Butter Cookies and a cup of Coffee! Anytime I smell them I just have to have 2 or 6 of them.":eek::D

Of course, Sabatini's Breakfasts are simply wonderful! ;)

Best food is at the Crown Grill! The 14 oz Ribeye is to die for! :p:o

Now as to snacks, Nothing beats the IC and those fresh baked "Warm Peanut Butter Cookies and a cup of Coffee! Anytime I smell them I just have to have 2 or 6 of them.":eek::D

Of course, Sabatini's Breakfasts are simply wonderful! ;)

You forgot the mussel pot!

Soak it up!

That's what I was referring to when I said "not low-cal".

If in doubt, try it. If you do not like it the waiters will take it away & ask if you would like something else.

Do they have soft serve 24 hrs/day like they do on Carnival? (i sailed Princess MANY years ago and don't remember). On Carnival, they have it by the pool....how 'bout on Princess?

thanks

Soft serve closed early evening. We discovered the homemade ice cream for the hot cobbler in the dinner buffet. Need to ask for it as they do not advertise it.

Order the creme brûlée if you eat early in ATD. On the Sapphire it was always soggy later in the evening. :(

In the evening the hamburger line changes over to a BBQ. The Princess lido pizza is almost as good as Carnival's new pizza but it's not open 24hrs.

Two things I truly miss on Princess were the hot chocolate machines in the buffet and no made-to-order sandwiches. On the buffet they are pre made and plastic wrapped.

Edited by SadieN