Allure....and Cell phones

ushiCT

Hi This is a bit of an odd question I'm sure, but was wondering I have an android S5. I'd like to be able to use my phone to play music does anyone have any ideas how I can do this while at sea? Do I have to DL the music to my phone or is there a simpler way this can be done?

Thanks,

Jenn

Hi This is a bit of an odd question I'm sure, but was wondering I have an android S5. I'd like to be able to use my phone to play music does anyone have any ideas how I can do this while at sea? Do I have to DL the music to my phone or is there a simpler way this can be done?

Thanks,

Jenn

Yes, you would have to download all the music to your phone if you don't want to pay for an unlimited internet plan.

If you don't mind paying the $190 for the week of unlimited internet, then you don't have to download the music ahead of time.

Thanks,

Jenn

If you want to listen to music on your phone, the music would have to be downloaded to your phone. Not sure what anything simpler would be. :confused:

If you want to listen to music on your phone, the music would have to be downloaded to your phone. Not sure what anything simpler would be. :confused:

Unplug?

Another thread, another Cruise Critic member commented that on a cruise is the only time that she sees her kids faces rather then the tops of their heads.

Edited by tanzer22pilot

Also on the Allure, each cabin has a speaker you can pop your Ipod or Iphone into and listen to music. Nice feature on the Allure. If wanting to be absolutely sure not to incur any accidental charges, an Ipod would be the easier way to go.

Also on the Allure, each cabin has a speaker you can pop your Ipod or Iphone into and listen to music. Nice feature on the Allure. If wanting to be absolutely sure not to incur any accidental charges, an Ipod would be the easier way to go.

To add, the docking stations are iPhone 4 type.

Unplug?

Another thread, another Cruise Critic member commented that on a cruise is the only time that she sees her kids faces rather then the tops of their heads.

Love it:D

OP clearly stated they have an android, why are two other posters telling her to get an apple music device? there are plenty of other units out there other than apple:rolleyes:

Pandora and other internet radios require data connections to play music. You'd need to buy an unlimited Internet package from the ship to listen to music from the Internet.

Otherwise, go into settings and choose "Airplane Mode" and play the music actually downloaded and stored on your phone.

I personally load white noise and my kid's "go to sleep!!1!" track before I travel. Helps everyone sleeping in the same cabin!

Thanks,

Jenn

On an S5, you will have to download it to internal storage or SD card. I do all mine through google play music, and it works well. I get bored with songs and delete often so I don't take up too much space though.

OP clearly stated they have an android, why are two other posters telling her to get an apple music device? there are plenty of other units out there other than apple:rolleyes:

My husband and I have a daily "fight" about Android vs iPhone lol. He thinks Apple rules the world, while I like being different and having options.

Android > iPhone :D

Are the iPod/iPhone players on Allure just players or chargers as well. Do they only work with the OLD iPod plugs or with the new smaller ones for the new players and iPhone 5's?

The docking stations charge too, but they are for iPhone 4 type connections.

There are other devices besides Apple?

Just kidding!

Reason I suggested the Nano, was because i know it works just for music. The OP wanted music. Not sure if she can have some sort of MP3 player for her music with her WALLe opps Android.