Does Royal Caribbean Issue Tender Tickets

Hi, just off Celebrity where they issued Tender Tickets - is the procedure similar on Royal Caribbean. If they do issue tender tickets are there any tips for getting them?

If they don't issue tender tickets do you just line up early or how do they do it?

thank you!

Hi, just off Celebrity where they issued Tender Tickets - is the procedure similar on Royal Caribbean. If they do issue tender tickets are there any tips for getting them?

If they don't issue tender tickets do you just line up early or how do they do it?

thank you!

Depends on the ship and sailing. I've only seen tender tickets on Royal once or twice, mostly everyone lines up. They will let you know the process on your sailing.

thank you!

On Navigator in May at Belize, tickets were in use.

Depends on the ship and sailing. I've only seen tender tickets on Royal once or twice, mostly everyone lines up. They will let you know the process on your sailing.

Hit submit too soon. Ticket hand out time/location is advertised in Compass. Shore tours are first then tender tickets next. Very quickly, you will be able to just line up.

We had to use tender tickets on our W Caribbean stop at Grand Cayman aboard the Grandeur in March. It was a nightmare. We got to GC at 10 am, so everyone was up, had eaten breakfast and wanted to get off the ship as soon as possible. We decided that since we were only going to catch a taxi to Sea Grape beach we would give the tender ticket process an hour or so to die down. BIG MISTAKE I do not remember our tender number--but, it was high. We got a tender at 1:35 pm.:eek:

We go back to GC in November. That cruise arrives at GC at 7am. I do not see that as having the same issues. Not everyone will be up by then. We will see.

Here's a link to your other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084114

They were supposed to be issuing tender tickets when we were in Bar Harbor a few years ago but when we went to get them, they had changed their mind and were just having people get in line. The line moved quickly and we were at the dock in no time.

We are doing the Brilliance in October and have also booked a private 10am excursion. With the ship getting in at 7am, I don't see it being an issue getting off in time whether they are doing tickets or just having people line up. Weather is always a consideration but there is nothing we can do about it so we are going to take our chances.

We intend to get in line by 8:30am but will check out how things are moving before that and adjust if we need to.

About 1.5 years ago they did hand out tender tickets on EN for Coco Cay. We didn't get them because we'd heard it moved so fast that it didn't matter. Well, we found out that wasn't true. We didn't even get ashore til almost 1 and got the last remaining bits of lunch. I said next time we will get them. For our upcoming Nov cruise, we are going to Grand Cayman, but we booked an excursion that happens to start at 11 and we're due to get into GC at 10:30 so we'll get priority for that anyway. We rarely do tendered ports but we will always get tender tickets when offered. So, to answer the OP's question, yes they still do hand them out but not sure which ports/ships always do. If they do hand them out, either book an early excursion so you can get off first or get in line and get them when they are available. On EN, they were handing them out in the Centrum.

2012 we used tender tickets on Radiance for both our Hawaii ports (Kona/Lahaina). Also in 2012 we used tender tickets on Splendour in Santorini. In addition we just used them in Cabo last November on Legend. For the first two ships we were with a group so we had one person wait in line to get the tickets to try to get on the early tenders.

thank you!

We have experienced both non-ticketed and ticketed tender....

We recently disembarked Serenade (August 3rd) after a wonderful 12 day W. Med cruise. Our last port was Kotor, Montenegro where we did require tender tickets. It was our understanding that if you had an RCI excursion planned, you simply met at the place/time listed on the excursion ticket (as RCI excursions would have first preference). An announcement was made the day before arriving at port that those who did not have an RCI excursion planned should arrive at the Safari club starting at 10am where they would hand out tender tickets- first come and first served. Only one from your group has to show up in this instance. I was there at 10:17 and already we were up to tender ticket group #18. So, my tip is get there early or be lucky enough to have an RCI excursion planned.

Edited by Brigbound

They do but if you arrive early they usually have open tendering for first hour or so before tickets are called

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really? They do excursions first and then start announcing ticket numbers immediately. There is no gap of time between excursions and numbers. Where do you get your information?

Edited by BND