Alaska Cruisetour - Can I Use TSA Locks

CarolRoy

Leaving in three weeks for our Alaska cruise tour. Doing the land portion first. Princess will take our luggage before we get on the train from Denali to Whittier. Can we use TSA locks? We will not pack any liquor, beer, or other items not allowed by Princess. Will our luggage get to our cabin or will our luggage go to the "naughty room?"

Also, when we are on the cruise portion, can we bring on bottle water from the ports - Juneau, Skayway, Ketchikan? On two other cruise lines, I got ill from the ship's water. No kidding - within half-hour!

Unless your luggage scan shows items that potentially look like contraband it won't be sent to the naughty room.

You can bring on as much bottled water as you like, both at embarkation and at port stops.

I always use TSA approved locks on a cruise & you'll have no problems. If there is something that appears to be any sort of alcohol in your checked luggage it may go to the "naughty" room for you to open for inspection.

Princess allows you to bring as much bottled water on board as you desire.

My suitcase with a TSA approved lock has a tiny hole that the authorities can access to open the bag in the unlikely event that they will need to open it when you are not there.

Authorities are not Princess. Princess cannot open your lock.

Leaving in three weeks for our Alaska cruise tour. Doing the land portion first. Princess will take our luggage before we get on the train from Denali to Whittier. Can we use TSA locks? We will not pack any liquor, beer, or other items not allowed by Princess. Will our luggage get to our cabin or will our luggage go to the "naughty room?"

Also, when we are on the cruise portion, can we bring on bottle water from the ports - Juneau, Skayway, Ketchikan? On two other cruise lines, I got ill from the ship's water. No kidding - within half-hour!

Yes you can use TSA locks. If Princess need to check something in your bag you will be contacted to open it for them. We just too a Princess cruise tour. When we got to the ship we were requested to open a suitcase. Inside was a bottle of wine wrapped in a wine bottle protective case. Due to that case, the x-ray scanning could not tell what was in the case. One Princess security saw that it was wine and therefore permitted to bring on board our suitcase was sent to our cabin.

Two different people travelling with us had suitcases with TSA locks on them. When they got home they found the locks gone and a card in the bag stating that TSA had searched their bags. One of them had a new cell phone missing.

I have had baggage opened by the TSA several times in the past. In every case they have cut the locks rather than open them with their special keys.

My luggage is ALWAYS LOCKED when it's not in my possession. You do NOT have to use TSA locks anywhere. We use keyed Master locks made for luggage.

Yes...a lock can be cut, but you will certainly know someone has gone thru your stuff.