Quantum studios

The balcony studios are category SB and the inside studios are category SI. If you book one of these cabins you get single C&A points instead of the double points you would get if you paid the single supplement for any other cabin category.

No one knows yet what they look like. I have an SB booked for January and am looking forward to reports back from the initial folks who sail the Q.

The balcony studios are category SB and the inside studios are category SI. If you book one of these cabins you get single C&A points instead of the double points you would get if you paid the single supplement for any other cabin category.

No one knows yet what they look like. I have an SB booked for January and am looking forward to reports back from the initial folks who sail the Q.

From what I can see on the deck plans all the SI cabins are part of that connected grouping. There are two midship, one portside, one starboard side, midship and they are on decks 6 through 12. I know that Royal released some for individual bookings and retained others for the connected grouping. As I said earlier there are only 12 SB cabins, split between decks 6 & 7.

I am in SB 7648 on the inaugural and will report back with pics.

I had to pay for double occupancy for an SI. Are you sure I won't be getting double points!!?

I had to pay for double occupancy for an SI. Are you sure I won't be getting double points!!?

You shouldn't have. You may have paid almost as much as a normal cabin for two people (they really over priced these things beyond the 150% that would be normal) but it shouldn't be charging with the single supplement fee added on since these cabins are designed for one passenger and a second I believe actually gets charged as a third.

When they changed the policy for single occupancy points last October, the terms and conditions were adapted to grant only a single point for SI and SB cabins, without any relationship to the fare paid.

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

While I was excited that they had added the SB cabins and booked the maiden voyage on the day they went on sale, they did not provide the value I expected.

I moved in June to an Outside GTY, partially due to the single point situation, but more importantly to the fact that at 200% of the GTY rate, I saved over $700 from first day pricing and over $1800 under the current SB pricing.

A European website that shows single supplement comparisons when booking, shows the SB cabins with 116% supplement.

Cat. SB

116 %

Other categories are showing at 95%

Cat. D8

95 %

In addition to the loss of points, I noticed a reduction in OBC was also applied. For me, it made sense to move to a DO where I am getting a larger room, double points and no percentage off of the OBC. I think I only am paying about $180 more than the SB price.

I personally feel that with limited availability and high demand, the price is artificially high for what you get....and what you lose!

I booked my two sailings on the Quantum at 8am on the day they opened, so I got a good deal--my full C&A discount was applied to both sailings. Paid 1560. for the inaugural and 2185. for my 12 ni. SC.

I did the same for my 3 sailings on Anthem but only got a pro-rated C&A discount for those sailings.

Interesting that the SB cabins on the 2 November TA just reduced by half from what they were an hour ago.

Diamond Pricing is showing

Cruise Fare:

$1,809.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses:

$84.23

Discount:

($400.00)

Per Person Total:

$1,493.23

The SI cabins just reduced on the 2 November TA as well.

Showing for a D

Cruise Fare:

$1,349.00

$84.23

Discount:

($285.00)

Per Person Total:

$1,148.23

Interesting that the SB cabins on the 2 November TA just reduced by half from what they were an hour ago.

Diamond Pricing is showing

Cruise Fare:

$1,809.00

$84.23

Discount:

($400.00)

Per Person Total:

$1,493.23

I am lowly Gold....same price and $400 discount is coming up for me. But it is an interesting reduction. Maybe other sailings will fall in line, too. I hope those that are on this sailing are still eligible for the savings, or is it already past final payment?

The maiden voyage of Quantum of the Seas on the 2nd of November hits final payment on the 19th of August.

I am glad they finally realized they have had the sailing in SI and SB at over 200% for the past few months!

I realize that monies can still be refunded up until final payment date, but I always wait until the last minute to pay myself.

The discount must be one of those C&A exclusive rate then. I had a $600 discount when I took my GTY in June.

I am glad this might be helpful to others though. Of course, who knows what might happen after final payment.

Edited by MADflyer

• 2 weeks later...

The SI's are smaller with 101 sq. feet with virtual views through TV. Single occupancy stateroom, no single supplement required, full size bed, can sleep up to 2.

The IC's have 166 sq. feet with a virtual balcony, twin beds that convert to a Royal King, sitting area with sofa.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Can anyone explain the difference in the descriptions of the interior studios? When booked as an SI non-connecting, they are described as having Virtual View (on tv). When booked as an IC connecting cabin, they are described as having the new Virtual Balcony.

:confused::confused:

Ifaik they're the same thing. The mock-ups show an outside view with a "balcony rail" in the picture.

The SI's are smaller with 101 sq. feet with virtual views through TV. Single occupancy stateroom, no single supplement required, full size bed, can sleep up to 2.

The IC's have 166 sq. feet with a virtual balcony, twin beds that convert to a Royal King, sitting area with sofa.

The 166 square feet cabins are regular interiors in category M, N, and Q with virtual balcony.

I believe the IC and SI are the same cabins. If booked with others in the connected rooms, you are booking as an IC. If you book alone, you are booking as an SI. So my question is which virtual experience do these really have since the descriptions are different? Tv or virtual balcony?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My friend spotted the Studio Inside in the Family Connected Junior Suite with Balcony shown in the cutaway image. Sent me the image along with two others to show me what I'll be sleeping in for 8 days. :D

10cceea974ee1f1ea6a18c9a48f4dc94.jpg

1ccd9c160dcabf542eb4df533b09bdc0.jpg

7f46a037e3297a43c2c2a8a530e2101f.jpg

Edit: Studio Interior not Studio Inside. :o

Ok. Studio "Interior". I am thinking not enough wall space to have the Virtual Balcony advertised in the IC description. I think the Virtual View on a TV screen advertised in the SI description is probably what this will have.

I am not thrilled about the entryway being isolated from the main corridor. I hadn't realized this since the photos and diagrams aren't available in the descriptions. I am having buyers remorse. :(

Great catch on the cutaway!