"Upgrade fairy"?

diamondcharl

She said it was an l shaped extended balcony. No mention of vista suite. Its on the Victory

The "L" shaped cabins are 8B category . We had one on the Destiny and have one on our upcoming Sunshine cruise. I would not pay extra for this cabin.

If it's the L shaped cabin (7416 / 7419) with the long balcony then that's downgrade from a true 8M aft facing balcony. If it it's one of the true Aft Wraps (Category 9C) then I would go for it for a total of $200.

My L shaped on the Liberty was an 8B and I did not pay extra for it...I mean unless you are booked in something below an 8B but it doesn't sound like you are. Unless it's an aft wrap I wouldn't take it. It just had a longer balcony but didn't extend farther out than a standard balcony on the side of the ship. It was liberty 7434 if you want to look it up on the deck plan...It was nice but I wouldn't have paid $200 more for it! I would stick with the aft view!!

Pull up a deck plan, call them back if it's not the corner aft wrap arounds I'd say it's a no go. The L shaped rooms are an 8B on deck 7 or 8A on deck 6. If you have an aft facing balcony it's either an 8M or 8N, a higher category. But those aft wraps are 9Cs, and my personal favorite cabin on any ship. I got it as an upsell on the Victory last November, but I paid $250, go for it but only if it's the wrap around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Interesting call. If you are already in an aft-facing balcony, that is different than an aft balcony. Aft balcony just means you are in the back section of the ship. Aft facing balcony means you are looking at the wake! If the offer is to move from your aft-facing balcony to the L-shaped, I would not take it. If the offer is to go from a regular aft balcony for $200 I STILL would not take it. The L-shaped balcony is the same price category (8B) as a regular aft balcony. If you took it, you would be paying $200 for a down-grade!

If it's the L shaped cabin (7416 / 7419) with the long balcony then that's downgrade from a true 8M aft facing balcony. If it it's one of the true Aft Wraps (Category 9C) then I would go for it for a total of $200.

^^^ What they said....

"L shaped cabin" is not the Aft Wrap balcony. You need to find out which cabin specifically they are offering you.

This is a prime example of why it really pays to know what you are being "upsold" to. If anyone gets a call like this you need to know off hand what category you are in and you need to ask what category the cabin they are selling you is. Because it makes a huge difference. This seriously sounds like they tried selling this person a downgrade? And maybe we may be wrong and may be misunderstanding what the upgrade fairy said, still always stay informed!!

The upgrade fairly confirmed I don't have a cabin yet, I booked an inside guaranty last Thursday for sailing this Sunday on the Pride. He offered me a premier balcony for $300 more total, an ocean view for $150 more, and said he had vista suites (didn't get price as they were more than the $300 for the balcony). I held firm as I am at the top of my price range for a last minute trip.

I may start crossing my fingers and toes that I can get that ocean view assigned (I won't let myself even think about the balcony!!!).

I'll let you decide. Just received a call from the fairy. She said they had an L shaped extended balcony available for a mere $200 more. We are already booked in an aft balcony. What do ya think?

Yes, we need clarification from both the OP and Carnival to determine if this is an upgrade.

OP - are you just in an aft balcony cabin or are you in an aft-facing balcony cabin?

And did Carnival offer the 8B L-Shaped cabin with extended (ie extra long) balcony or the 9C with the L-Shaped balcony?

Mr,Shangles...great deal! I asked about OBC IN EXCHANGE/in exchange for the upgrade but no deal. My PVC thinks I'm going to get the balcony free based on the ship being sold out and some other factors. I'm resigned to the inside cabin and will be happy (ok, ecstatic) with anything else!