El Cheapo Cruises Thread

44 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I just got this email if anyone interested.

Why Azamara?
Smaller Ships (only 700 Guests), Longer Stays in Port, Beverages Included, Casual Sophistication, Drastically Reduced Fare for Europe 2023!!!

7 Night Italian Riveria from $1078 pp twin share
8 Night Greek Islands from $1571 pp twin share
7 Night Amalfi Coast from $1166 pp twin share
7 Night Croatian Coast from $1259 pp twin share
12 Night Black Sea Voyage from $2219 pp twin share
12 Night Mediterranean Intensive from $2585 pp twin share

I think that is US dollars!

On 2/2/2023 at 8:35 AM, icat2000 said:

Looks like RCL have decided if they going to get bums on board out Brisbane they have to Super El Cheapo like Carnival.

image.png.0022d5e00af9c4a339abd073c37a8f6a.png

Should be an absolute bargain now they have added a possible cyclone to the itinerary.

IDY30022.sigWaveHgt_108.png.10e708aa96002c8da1b9c68a461adb2c.png

• Haha 1

I just scored a great deal. 😁
10 nights to PNG on the Pacific Encounter out of Brisbane on 7th June 2023.

I've secured a mini suite for $2000. Total not per person! 😱

This was through an online cruise agent which I can’t name and I need to pay $90 to join their club to get this exclusive price, but still…

I just need to confirm with DW that these dates will work for us. 🤞

As always, YMMV. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

This was through an online cruise agent which I can’t name and I need to pay $90 to join their club to get this exclusive price, but still…

As always, YMMV. 

I just had a look at the website & can't see those prices. 

Also I didn't know you would have join their club, usually I just opt out when booking with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

As always, YMMV. 

I like to think my T/A gives me the best possible deal without having to have a financial membership. If Costco starts a cruise line, I would pay for a membership. Other than that ....

All the same, great deal. Booking direct with P&O is a bit more than double that price.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

I read elsewhere that they are only going to Noumea now...now that's something to look forward to😄

I'm on Carnival Luminosa and this afternoon, we turned back and are heading to Australia. Our ports  would have been Lifou, Mystery Island and Noumea. We will be informed in the morning where we will be going.

9 hours ago, B'Elanna said:

I'm on Carnival Luminosa and this afternoon, we turned back and are heading to Australia. Our ports  would have been Lifou, Mystery Island and Noumea. We will be informed in the morning where we will be going.

I hope they can salvage something for you.

Quantum has decided to head to Hobart instead of Noumea.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

I hope they can salvage something for you.

Quantum has decided to head to Hobart instead of Noumea.

We are going to Moreton Island.  If weather is OK, it will be for Friday. We were given $200 OBC per cabin as well as a 50% future cruise credit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Here is a cheapie for the "Crow Eaters".

e97a6546-07ce-4102-8410-1c0a586114be.gif
New Zealand
Departing Adelaide

Monday 13th March 2023

14 Nights
Pacific Explorer

Twin From $550 pp
Quad From $500 pp

I saw this price yesterday,  obviously they can’t fill the ship in Adelaide.

32 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

If anyone is free next week and would like to try Cunard to see if it’s a good fit, 6 nights on the Queen Elizabeth can be had for $599. Inside cabin from Adelaide to Fremantle. 

234A8564-6F47-4711-9EBD-2497D0182FFF.jpeg

Wish I was retired.  Would have spent the past 2 months cruising.  So many bargains…

• Like 3

Ok I finally but  the bullet on one of the many Carnival VIFP deals I keep getting - the $500 obc was just  too tempting - $790 total solo Oceanview (not guaranteed) 9 days on Carnival Splendour to the Sth Pacific + $500 OBC.

First time Splendour, first time Oceanview.  For that price I can deal with the decor and my cruise budget can extend if I get an upgrade offer to a balcony.

Deal came via email yesterday morning and had to book by tomorrow & be paid in full.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ok I finally but  the bullet on one of the many Carnival VIFP deals I keep getting - the $500 obc was just  too tempting - $790 total solo Oceanview (not guaranteed) 9 days on Carnival Splendour to the Sth Pacific + $500 OBC.

First time Splendour, first time Oceanview.  For that price I can deal with the decor and my cruise budget can extend if I get an upgrade offer to a balcony.

Deal came via email yesterday morning and had to book by tomorrow & be paid in full.

Great OBC and price for Solo!  we did 15 nights on Splendour bringing it to OZ, had an Oceanview and loved it, they are huge. We loved Splendour, once you find your way around. We have 4  nights in June and then just booked the Singapore to Sydney August 2024, both the cruises to and from Singapore are going for around $1300AUD inside with $100 OBC.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Great OBC and price for Solo!  we did 15 nights on Splendour bringing it to OZ, had an Oceanview and loved it, they are huge. We loved Splendour, once you find your way around. We have 4  nights in June and then just booked the Singapore to Sydney August 2024, both the cruises to and from Singapore are going for around $1300AUD inside with $100 OBC.

Thanks for the great feedback on the Splendour & the oceanview.   I so wanted to book one of those to/from Singapore cruises (love Singapore) and the price is great but we are already committed to overseas travel for 2024.  

55 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks for the great feedback on the Splendour & the oceanview.   I so wanted to book one of those to/from Singapore cruises (love Singapore) and the price is great but we are already committed to overseas travel for 2024.  

Love Singapore too and we are always on the lookout for around 14/16 days from Singapore. We love cruising through Indonesia, top of Australia and down the coast. Those Oceanviews on deck 1 and 2 are the size of a balcony cabin including the balcony. 

• Like 2