El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I think it is more to do with capacity with the kids clubs and facilities available for the kids along with the expectations of other cruise passengers than actual capacity.

Certain lines seem to have lower (or more obvious) quotas than others. Yet it is not necessary to book or even express interest for kids club.

Still undecided if that is good or bad policy when they are obviously getting desperate to attract solo cruisers during school holidays.

Certain lines seem to have lower (or more obvious) quotas than others. Yet it is not necessary to book or even express interest for kids club.

Still undecided if that is good or bad policy when they are obviously getting desperate to attract solo cruisers during school holidays.

Different ways of managing children's occupancy and program comfort. Some don't put a cap but then need to find space for staff, and run program operations in other locations. Others, generally on smaller ships, have a cap so the program is standardised and everyone has standard facilities.

No program requires child's registration up front, but operate to ensure sufficient facilities for those children boarding so that nobody is disappointed.

I placed explorer of the seas mega balcony cabin 7388 on hold but at $1865 pp its hardly el cheapo. Maybe a nice 8 nighters in February to the islands might help my cruise addiction until we go on radiance in April....

It will likely fix it for a while. I take it school isn't an issue.

No offence intended but while I don't mind kids aboard any cruise I do, I don't want so many kid's that the ship cannot handle them all in their respective aged clubs. I think the fact that some cruise lines limit how many kids can be on one cruise is a good thing for the comfort of all passengers and crew, let alone the safety aspects associated with having too many kids aboard..

Not bad either:

South Pacific, 12 February 2018, 10 Nights, Pacific Explorer, Up To $400 Onboard Credit On Selected Fares*,

Twin From $799 pp, Quad From $848 pp

Hi All,

Balcony Cabins starting at $998.00 AUD direct from P&O Aust

Cheers

Zac