El Cheapo Cruises Thread

South Pacific, 24 April 2018, 10 Nights, Pacific Eden, Up To $300 Onboard Credit On Selected Fares*, Twin From $855 pp, Quad From $872 pp, Oceanview (Obstructed) $898 pp

Thanks, cheap as chips, cruising for under $100 per diem, way to go.:p

South Pacific, 24 April 2018, 10 Nights, Pacific Eden, Up To $300 Onboard Credit On Selected Fares*, Twin From $855 pp, Quad From $872 pp, Oceanview (Obstructed) $898 pp

Just for those who may not be aware, the price is for a Go Fare which is not one of the "Selected Fares" eligible for OBC.

Just for those who may not be aware, the price is for a Go Fare which is not one of the "Selected Fares" eligible for OBC.

You can upgrade to the Value for for an extra $194 to get your $100 Onboard Credit inside or $151 for Oceanview obstructed :confused:

You can upgrade to the Value for for an extra $194 to get your $100 Onboard Credit inside or $151 for Oceanview obstructed :confused:

Wonder, if I pay $388 extra if they’ll I’ve me $200 OBC, or if there’s a limit.

I often wonder if anyone actually takes up the pay an extra $200 pp for the $100 OBC for the cabin.

The three fare structure for P&O makes no sense at all, except maybe to a marketing person.

I suspect that 99% plus of the fares P&O sell are Go Fares. The higher fares cost more than the price of the extras that go with them.

The only people that would buy the higher fares would be the terminally confused or those that failed to read the fare descriptions.

The three fare structure for P&O makes no sense at all, except maybe to a marketing person.

I suspect that 99% plus of the fares P&O sell are Go Fares. The higher fares cost more than the price of the extras that go with them.

The only people that would buy the higher fares would be the terminally confused or those that failed to read the fare descriptions.

Exactly! :confused:

I get your point as I believe that the reduced deposits and later final payment dates are not enough of an incentive.

I get your point as I believe that the reduced deposits and later final payment dates are not enough of an incentive.

A bit more of an incentive than other cruise lines provide though.

My beef is with those that hike up the prices then give you a 'discount' on the high price bringing the fare down close to what it was all along.

A bit more of an incentive than other cruise lines provide though.

My beef is with those that hike up the prices then give you a 'discount' on the high price bringing the fare down close to what it was all along.

That is what I call getting the Royal treatment.;p

I'm no expert at these bargains but this short notice cruise came in an email today

New Zealand Luxury 13 Night Cruise

Cunard - Queen Mary - 1 Day Sale

From $2399 Inside or $2799 Outside per person twinshare departs Sydney 24 February 2018

Mr Gut? - no flying...

Edited by Bodogbodog

I'm no expert at these bargains but this short notice cruise came in an email today

From $2399 Inside or $2799 Outside per person twinshare departs Sydney 24 February 2018

Mr Gut? - no flying...

It would be no good for him as Mrs Gut has to work.

Mr Gut? - no flying...

Thanks us as Mic said Mrs Gut and work. Already committed 6 or 7 weeks LSL for 2019.

I think this year might have to be a cruise free year.

:D Turning into a comedian now are we? :D

Pull the other one it's got bells on it!

Unfortunately I’m dead serious.

It may change but looks very much like nothing this year. But then 35 days Hawaii next year.

How can I find these deals!? Any clues?:confused:

Are you on Facebook? I see a lot of these one day bargains because I liked an online TA on facebook. The specials come out every couple of days and there are some amazing bargains. You just have to find the right site to cruise first.

Are you on Facebook? I see a lot of these one day bargains because I liked an online TA on facebook. The specials come out every couple of days and there are some amazing bargains. You just have to find the right site to cruise first.

The cruise lines have shot themselves in the foot in some ways with the amazing amount of overcapacity. Its all very well having 5,000 pax on a ship but they have to get them, and fill those ships ...EVERY NIGHT.

In the meantime ...deals abound.