Uk site not working - really andy !!!

cheznick

in spite of what you are saying host andy - we are not all in the USA - the uk site does not work - if you follow the link you get to the site showing co.uk but that is only the uk version of the international site - therefore unable to check such things as cabin allocation / special occasions etc. why have you closed this without a resolution or is it because im a lone brit complaining at the moment !!!!!!! any other uk cruise critic members out there with the same problems as me - sorry andy but not happy being fobbed off with lame excuses.

It is working absolutely fine for me - not sure what your own issue is

I am in the UK can access the UK site, see my reservations and could book shore excursions etc if I wanted

Andy did the right thing in locking the thread if it was fixed, he did say he would reopen if problems existed so all you need to do is ask for that though as I say I have no issues and I am in the UK

Edited by uktog

in spite of what you are saying host andy - we are not all in the USA - the uk site does not work - if you follow the link you get to the site showing co.uk but that is only the uk version of the international site - therefore unable to check such things as cabin allocation / special occasions etc. why have you closed this without a resolution or is it because im a lone brit complaining at the moment !!!!!!! any other uk cruise critic members out there with the same problems as me - sorry andy but not happy being fobbed off with lame excuses.

Hi Cheznick,

The thread I started today, was due to today's problems with the US website. Since Azamara has resolved today's concerns, I thought it only fair to lock that particular thread.

I certainly recognize that many of our members are not from the US. There's other threads on this forum, including this one, where you can post your concerns. I hope this helps clarify.

That's what I'm trying to say. All the functions are not available. On the uk site of recently you could view bed configuration, special occasions etc, this is currently not available. Apologies as I wasn't having a personal go at anyone on here.

All the functions are not available. On the uk site of recently you could view bed configuration, special occasions etc, this is currently not available.

While I appreciate your dismay, share your frustration, and am not trying to justify the inadequacy or the lack of customer focus associated with Azamara's website in any way, it appears that you have been able to access functionality recently that has been missing from the US website [and I've tried repeatedly, using four different web browsers at all hours of the day and night, to improve the experience] for several months now...

• There is no link on the US website to access one's "My Azamara" account... If I hadn't bookmarked the log-in screen prior to cruising with them earlier this year, it would be a challenge to find a link [i was able to "Google" it successfully] to do so...
  • Once accessed, cruises that I added back in April for travel next year are totally devoid of information other than cruise name/duration, sailing date, status [ie; "confirmed"], and reservation number... Surely one hasn't been able to see things like bed configuration, special occasions, or--for that matter--as elementary as cabin number via "My Azamara" for ages...
  • One can purchase Land Discoveries and--seemingly, it's too early for me to do so--go through the Online Check-In process... When one attempts to go through the Land Discoveries booking process, the website redirects to those pages and those pages only... When I attempted to reserve the AzAmazing Evenings for both of my 2015 cruises last week, the website kept forcing me to a payment page--when there is no advance charge for participation--and, after repeatedly bypassing those screens, I couldn't tell if my reservations were successful without a call to Guatemala City... The call was handled quickly and professionally--and in fact my reservations had been recorded--but one shouldn't have to take the time or make the effort to receive verbal and written confirmation relative to so routine a matter...
  • And finally, one can search for future cruises but little cabin availability--beyond stateroom class--is provided for online booking... The user is invited to call for specific information or to request a call from a Service Representative to complete a booking with specific stateroom assignment...

Please be assured that the website dysfunction--and resulting personal annoyance--that you are experiencing is not unique to UK users... If you look through recent threads on this forum, you will note that I have had a continuing dialogue with Bonnie relative to the absolute mess--and it has only gotten worse--associated with Land Discovery offerings for my two South America sailings next year [some of the posted excursions make no sense in the context of the logistics of our port calls]...

Pre-cruise booking and tour planning is an exercise in frustration and do, unfortunately, tarnish the promise of intriguing itineraries and a wonderful onboard experience... Azamara's website is in desperate need of attention--globally...

Edited by Xport

Click on "Already Booked" and then on " My Azamara."

I stand corrected as to the first bullet point enumerated in my post above... Having accessed the "My Azamara" section of the website countless times in the past via the "Already Booked" link, I am absolutely certain that it was missing--it was the first thing I looked for--during an earlier version of the web redesign... I should not have assumed that it had not subsequently been restored...

While you have simplified my future access--and I do appreciate it--I'm not sure of the benefit as, just a moment ago, the information provided is still devoid of virtually all detail beyond those basics enumerated in my earlier post [surely, things so fundamental as cabin number, bed configuration, and special occasion information--and the latter two are not germaine to me personally--are still among the missing]...

While I am not Azamara's biggest cheerleader, I could be... They do entice me with their terrific/creative itineraries, their orientation toward Destination Immersion [which could to my mind be improved through better/more topical onboard enrichment; I'm still trying to figure out the pertinence of a single speaker whose lectures focused upon the Crown Jewels during the Asia cruise we shared (and who was also aboard--with the same talks--for the prior sailing through Thailand and Vietnam)], and otherwise impeccable onboard experience... That said, I have become weary of the pre-cruise land-side hassles [most recently, it took more than a month--and relentless work on the part of my Travel Agent--to get the billings correct for my two cruises next year in the context of application of my compensatory Future Cruise Discount Certificates; now, the Land Discoveries offerings for the same two cruises are a "hot mess" that defy logic] so as to make the leaps of faith and allegiance... It shouldn't be so difficult to create a great customer experience from start to finish; as things stand now, every pre-cruise day is a new--and often unwelcome--adventure...

Edited by Xport

The UK website had the facility “to see things like bed configuration, special occasions … cabin number” etc. up to two or three weeks ago. The login to “My Azamara” was then moved – and the aforementioned facility I was subsequently unable to find on the website.

However, it is very easy to do - just you cannot do it by clicking on anything on the Azamara website:

1.Paste

https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/myAccount/customizeCruise.do?cS=SIDENAV

into the browser (without quotes, of course).

2. Log in there to “My Azamara” – click nothing further after logging in (if you click on "My Reservations" you will not see any "Select" button next to them).

3.Paste (for the second time)

https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/myAccount/customizeCruise.do?cS=SIDENAV

into the browser address bar

4. You will now see your bookings, but with a "Select" button. Choose your booking and you will see what you are looking for.

I am in the UK – my bookings are UK bookings, but this may work for US as well, as it’s the .com website. Hope that helps and gives you what you are looking for!

The UK website had the facility “to see things like bed configuration, special occasions … cabin number” etc. up to two or three weeks ago. The login to “My Azamara” was then moved – and the aforementioned facility I was subsequently unable to find on the website.

However, it is very easy to do - just you cannot do it by clicking on anything on the Azamara website:

1.Paste

into the browser (without quotes, of course).

2. Log in there to “My Azamara” – click nothing further after logging in (if you click on "My Reservations" you will not see any "Select" button next to them).

3.Paste (for the second time)

into the browser address bar

4. You will now see your bookings, but with a "Select" button. Choose your booking and you will see what you are looking for.

I am in the UK – my bookings are UK bookings, but this may work for US as well, as it’s the .com website. Hope that helps and gives you what you are looking for!

I'm no techie but am a pretty savvy computer user... That said, I'd have never--in a million years--come up with a workaround such as the one you outline above; it works like a charm! Sincerest thanks for sharing it; you can be sure that I've made note of it for further reference...

While there is nothing particularly emergent in terms of managing my Azamara reservations [beyond booking Land Discoveries; that's still a mess for my 7 February cruise], I have been interested in watching my cabin assignments as I'm doing consecutive cruises, was unable to secure the same one for each of the two sailings, and have had a standing request into Azamara since initial booking to avoid changing cabins if at all possible... Before the website changes, I'd monitor for progress on my own [still nothing as of a moment ago] without the need to ask my Travel Agent to do so or to call Azamara for an update [rather than for periodic, less frequent reminders of my continued desire to consolidate my onboard "homes"; I'm not fundamentally confident that Azamara will--or would--follow-up or, better yet, communicate outcome to me or to my Travel Agent]...

Though I'll likely never understand why so convoluted a reservation access process should ever be necessary, you are extremely kind for having shared this with me! My planning/monitoring is now somewhat simplified; I'm extremely grateful for your help...

Edited by Xport

Sorry - posting has shortened my link and put some dots in. You can click on it - or to copy it, in full, it's

"https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/myAccount/customizeCruise.do?cS=SIDENAV"

Sorry!

Great, just what I needed, can't get at the info any other way.

Big thank you.

Just been on Uk site, clicked on "Already booked" and went straight through and completed online check in with no problems at all. :)

Much to my surprise there's already land tours available to book!

Edited by Prefdavid

Thanks to Cashewnuts for that work around. I have another problem which someone may be able to help with.

We have a B2B booking which is linked. When I click on the select button for the first cruise, the correct itinerary is shown. When I click on the select button for the second cruise, the itinerary for the first cruise shows again. Very frustrating if you are trying to search for/reserve shore excursions. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Edited by jeanmar

We have a B2B booking which is linked. When I click on the select button for the first cruise, the correct itinerary is shown. When I click on the select button for the second cruise, the itinerary for the first cruise shows again. Very frustrating if you are trying to search for/reserve shore excursions. Is there something simple that I am missing?

They've plagued both the Azamara and Celebrity websites for years... But the good news is that they're not constant either...

When it does occur--and it sometimes does even when you're working two trips that are not consecutive--try logging out of "My Azamara" after you have made your shore excursion selections for the first cruise, give it ten or fifteen minutes, and then log back in to access the itinerary/shore excursions for your second sailing...

Just another inexplicable idiosyncracy of poor information systems... But this solution has always worked for me... Hope it works for you too!

Edited by Xport

They've plagued both the Azamara and Celebrity websites for years... But the good news is that they're not constant either...

When it does occur--and it sometimes does even when you're working two trips that are not consecutive--try logging out of "My Azamara" after you have made your shore excursion selections for the first cruise, give it ten or fifteen minutes, and then log back in to access the itinerary/shore excursions for your second sailing...

Just another inexplicable idiosyncracy of poor information systems... But this solution has always worked for me... Hope it works for you too!

Thank you Xport. I have tried logging out and then logging back in, but I have been too impatient, so I will wait at least 15 minutes

A little patience pays off:D It worked:p At least the two main frustrations on the Az website are solved. Only four weeks to go and then we can experience the excellent on-board experience! Thank you.