I got a balcony upgrade!

keystonemama

STOKED!!! WE NOW GET TO ENJOY OUR VERY FIRST BALCONY CABIN! :D:):D

Cruising on Liberty soon. We opted for a guaranty OV room so we would have a sofa and extra room for a price we could afford. Well today I checked the prices and was able to get a balcony upgrade thru Pack N Go for a Whopping...................$25!!!!!!!! Sweet!

That's what I am afraid of, lol.

Congrats! Don't worry. We started out in Balconies - that's the only room I would consider. Until last year when i really wanted to go and could only afford an OV. Well, I LOVED my special large corner OV room. So much that I have been in it 4 times now and even passed up a free balcony upgrade! For my upcoming October cruise, I'm going to be in an inside. Couldn't beat the no solo supplement rate - $389 for 7 days on the Glory.

Don't get me wrong, balconies are nice for the right price and you really scored a great deal. But if you're like me and most of my family, rooms aren't that important if it means more cruising! Have a super time and congrats again!

STOKED!!! WE NOW GET TO ENJOY OUR VERY FIRST BALCONY CABIN! :D:):D

Cruising on Liberty soon. We opted for a guaranty OV room so we would have a sofa and extra room for a price we could afford. Well today I checked the prices and was able to get a balcony upgrade thru Pack N Go for a Whopping...................$25!!!!!!!! Sweet!

We got an upgrade from the cruise ferry on our first cruise and I haven't had a balcony since, mostly because I'm a cheap skate! lol. How does the Pack n Go work?!

Congrats! Don't worry. We started out in Balconies - that's the only room I would consider. Until last year when i really wanted to go and could only afford an OV. Well, I LOVED my special large corner OV room. So much that I have been in it 4 times now and even passed up a free balcony upgrade! For my upcoming October cruise, I'm going to be in an inside. Couldn't beat the no solo supplement rate - $389 for 7 days on the Glory.

Now you have me curious - what is your special room, and on what class of ship??

See you on the Glory - just booked 2 days ago!

OP, I booked OV guarantee, so maybe some of your good luck will rub off.

Awesome!!! Be forewarned once you go balcony you never go back!!

Enjoy!!! You'll love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. I like balconies.but I have been happy in the insides on the Imagination. I love how dark it gets in them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Good for you....enjoy your balcony. I've had inside, outside, balcony and suites. I book what I can afford in order to cruise more. I love having a balcony, but will book an inside in a heart beat in order to cruise.

Now you have me curious - what is your special room, and on what class of ship??

See you on the Glory - just booked 2 days ago!

OP, I booked OV guarantee, so maybe some of your good luck will rub off.

My "special room" is 2470 on Conquest Class ships. Particularly the Glory (3 times) and Conquest once. 2473 is my next choice. My sister had that one.

Be sure to join our roll call!

Congrats, Keystonemama! What a great deal!:D And don't worry, not everyone who goes to a Balcony can never go back to an OV. We have booked an OV since our first Balcony, and would again, depending on the circumstances. Enjoy your cruise and your Balcony! (And thank you for your family's service to our country.:))

Thanks everyone! Pack N Go is just another "sale" that they run to try and fill up the remaining cabins. Yesterday they were adjusting prices on all the cabins like crazy. I think I lucked out when I logged on and saw there was only a $10 difference between OV and balcony because an hour later it was $150 difference. I did a mock booking and sure enough it was! I read the disclaimer which did not state you had to be a "new" booking so I called and 5 minutes later I had a balcony room. I still have to wait for the room number, but that's ok.

I too like the dark inside rooms, we just figured we would splurge a little more on this one since it's a 7 day and get the extra room and sofa. I really like the looks of the aft balconies, just got to convince myself to spend that much. :p

I just can't get over the deal! It was like watching one of those extreme couponing shows where they give the SHOPPER back $$$!

We have talked to some more people going on this cruise and all I can say is it going to be an awesome cruise!

P.S. You are welcome for my husband and son's service, he is about to go into Intelligence training, thank the Lord, we need some smarter people in our govt. :D

Happy cruising ya'll,

Edited by keystonemama

Thanks everyone! Pack N Go is just another "sale" that they run to try and fill up the remaining cabins. Yesterday they were adjusting prices on all the cabins like crazy. I think I lucked out when I logged on and saw there was only a $10 difference between OV and balcony because an hour later it was $150 difference.

This happened to us the other night during the last three hours of the three day sale. We've gone from Interiors-->OV-->Balconies for $40 total! You can go back to OVs and Ints after having a balcony, but with enough planning and price checking, we usually end up in a balcony. :-)

Great upgrade!!!

I enjoy balconies! I thought I would hate from spa interior on our last cruise on the Splendor but it wasn't too bad, I was just a few steps from being outside. I don't think I could handle an interior on a very low deck, far from an elevator or stairs but a higher up interior is fine with me. One sea day I slept until Noon, I haven't done that in 20 years! lol.

Just had to congratulate you! You scored a Panorama deck balcony! You are going to looooooove it. We have sailed on Liberty twice and Freedom once. Panorama and Lido balconies are the best. Enjoy:)

I hope you will do a review when you get back. Hint hint ;)

The prices on our upcoming Sunshine cruise have been dropping like crazy if you are willing to give up the cabin you booked for a guaranty. My DH and I are not willing to give up our spa interior, but I was able to upgrade my DS and his friend from an interior on deck 7 to a guaranty balcony. Not only was there no additional cost, but they now have $78 in OBC. My DS has never been in anything other than an interior and it is his friend's first cruise. It should be a great move for them. My DH and I don't want to take a chance of getting a noisy balcony, under or above a nightclub for instance, but my DS and his friend will be the noisy ones at the nightclubs all night so it doesn't matter where their cabin is located.

Just had to congratulate you! You scored a Panorama deck balcony! You are going to looooooove it. We have sailed on Liberty twice and Freedom once. Panorama and Lido balconies are the best. Enjoy:)

I hope you will do a review when you get back. Hint hint ;)

Thank you! Good to hear! I was looking at somebody's video last night from a Panorama balcony, what a view! My hubby just kept grinning ear to ear last night after I informed him of what we were assigned! I will try to do a review, it's going to be such an awesome cruise, I can feel it. Almost time! :)

Edited by keystonemama

The prices on our upcoming Sunshine cruise have been dropping like crazy if you are willing to give up the cabin you booked for a guaranty. My DH and I are not willing to give up our spa interior, but I was able to upgrade my DS and his friend from an interior on deck 7 to a guaranty balcony. Not only was there no additional cost, but they now have $78 in OBC. My DS has never been in anything other than an interior and it is his friend's first cruise. It should be a great move for them. My DH and I don't want to take a chance of getting a noisy balcony, under or above a nightclub for instance, but my DS and his friend will be the noisy ones at the nightclubs all night so it doesn't matter where their cabin is located.

That's great!