Anthem of the Seas Construction

Denise - Don't know if you noticed but I sent an email to CC Help about the title change you suggested and it was changed on August 19th to "Countdown to Quantum Class"

Quote:

FW: FW: CC Message Board Forums - Royal Caribbean Int'l/ Countdown to Quantum of the Seas

Hi There!

GREAT IDEA!!!! Thank you so much for your suggestion - we have made the change

Just returned from a cruise? Do you have a Meet & Mingle photo? Upload it to our Meet & Mingle album and your photo could be chosen as the Meet Photo of the Month. Winners receive some cool Cruise Critic Swag. Upload your photo here: Meet & Mingle and Group Photos Album

JennK

Community Support

CruiseCritic.com

End Quote:

Quote:

Good evening,

Some of us, your CC members were wondering if the title of "Countdown to Quantum of the Seas" could be changed to "Countdown to Quantum Class"? This way all info relevant to all three Quantum Class ships will be in the same place.

Thanks and kind regards,

CC Member

Tall-Cruiser

End Quote:

Thanks, Tall-Cruiser!

Edited by Lloyd555

Denise - Don't know if you noticed but I sent an email to CC Help about the title change you suggested and it was changed on August 19th to "Countdown to Quantum Class"

Quote:

FW: FW: CC Message Board Forums - Royal Caribbean Int'l/ Countdown to Quantum of the Seas

Hi There!

GREAT IDEA!!!! Thank you so much for your suggestion - we have made the change

Just returned from a cruise? Do you have a Meet & Mingle photo? Upload it to our Meet & Mingle album and your photo could be chosen as the Meet Photo of the Month. Winners receive some cool Cruise Critic Swag. Upload your photo here: Meet & Mingle and Group Photos Album

JennK

Community Support

CruiseCritic.com

End Quote:

Quote:

Good evening,

Some of us, your CC members were wondering if the title of "Countdown to Quantum of the Seas" could be changed to "Countdown to Quantum Class"? This way all info relevant to all three Quantum Class ships will be in the same place.

Thanks and kind regards,

CC Member

Tall-Cruiser

End Quote:

No actually I had not noticed the change. I usually access this thread via my subscription list so I often don't see the main cruise line page. Good work Tall-Cruiser. Thanks for using my suggestion again.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nice seeing the Anthem of the Seas' Two70 block almost looking like her sister's.

10649968_10152233376536767_8941728966819519234_n.jpg?oh=8fe895f12d2be2a905f16ec98876b47a&oe=545DC947&__gda__=1415294482_42b546b1a1753d6946371583fea52fce

Photo by Cruise Critic

Looks like they aren't building Anthem the same way as Quantum. On Quantum this block was installed in multiple pieces and unpainted. Anthem's looks pretty far along even though it's not even installed yet.

My bad. Forgot yesterday's webcam update.

Hmmmm. Where is the stage with Richard Fain and David Pogue? ;)

2014_08_25_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Richard and David have left the building!

Denise

Nice seeing the Anthem of the Seas' Two70 block almost looking like her sister's.

10649968_10152233376536767_8941728966819519234_n.jpg?oh=8fe895f12d2be2a905f16ec98876b47a&oe=545DC947&__gda__=1415294482_42b546b1a1753d6946371583fea52fce

Photo by Cruise Critic

Wow, fully formed and painted. Be careful not to scratch it.

Denise

Got to like David Pogue even more now. He got some great photos of the Anthem of the Seas as well.

Its a great thing that he also likes to cruise and now at the right place at the right time. Lucky for us for him to take great photos with lots of details. Thanks for sharing the link. Now we get to see some things in the building process from a different vantage point.

Funny though that no one has mentioned anything about Quantum 3, which is due right behind NCL Escape.

There have been a couple of tweets naming 'We will rock you' as the show on the Anthem. Has anyone seen this anywhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't and just did some googling.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My bad. Forgot yesterday's webcam update.

Hmmmm. Where is the stage with Richard Fain and David Pogue? ;)

2014_08_25_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Looking at this picture were do you think the block that Richard, David and others were standing/sitting on would go given its shape? Is there a gap perhaps between the forward mega block and the bigger bow section visible in this webcam shot? I doubt it is part of the aft as I thought I saw a photo of an aft section with the "fin" looking thing attached.

Could that block actually be the keel laying block for NCL Escape?

Looking at this picture were do you think the block that Richard, David and others were standing/sitting on would go given its shape? Is there a gap perhaps between the forward mega block and the bigger bow section visible in this webcam shot? I doubt it is part of the aft as I thought I saw a photo of an aft section with the "fin" looking thing attached.

Could that block actually be the keel laying block for NCL Escape?

I personally believe so. NCL Escape hasn't had her keel laying ceremony yet, but when Quantum had hers they already had the engine blocks laid behind a curtain. Right behind them were the engines laid in blocks in the same way. Usually engines are placed in there block once it's in place and I believe Anthem's were done a long time ago since they should have been in the first Mega Block.

I personally believe so. NCL Escape hasn't had her keel laying ceremony yet, but when Quantum had hers they already had the engine blocks laid behind a curtain. Right behind them were the engines laid in blocks in the same way. Usually engines are placed in there block once it's in place and I believe Anthem's were done a long time ago since they should have been in the first Mega Block.

Thanks for also checking this out. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me after looking at several recent photos and the current state of Anthem in the building dock. Hmmm! I thought to myself. What is also interesting if I recall right is that Fain said something to the effect like, we are standing on an Anthem block. Hmmm, with the building dock divider back in place and the foundation prep blocks for keel laying also in place with this block right at the very end! Just seemed odd.