Anthem of the Seas Construction

She is almost done. The cabins need to be installed and in late february she will float out the building dock, as far as I know.

WOW! 5 months until float out! Seems like a long time. Does that mean that when she floats out that she'll be further along than Quantum was when she floated out?

WOW! 5 months until float out! Seems like a long time. Does that mean that when she floats out that she'll be further along than Quantum was when she floated out?

Exactly. Usually the ships are moored in the yard harbour for about two weeks. To deliver Anthem on time, Quantum was floated out very early, because the dock was needed for Anthem's construction. Quantum layed in front of the building hall for more than seven weeks.

I'm surprised they didn't change the text of the first cam to be for the new NCL build that's in the shot.

Thanks Lloyd!!

Do you happen to have links to the thread/construction progress for the new Oasis class ships?

Sailing in Summer 2016, means that I may have a choice to go on the new Oasis class ship or the Anthem (leaning towards Anthem, since I was already on Allure and I live in New York, so no flight needed).

Thanks Lloyd!!

Do you happen to have links to the thread/construction progress for the new Oasis class ships?

Sailing in Summer 2016, means that I may have a choice to go on the new Oasis class ship or the Anthem (leaning towards Anthem, since I was already on Allure and I live in New York, so no flight needed).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256

Not many photos being posted. The Facebook group is more up-to-date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256

Not many photos being posted. The Facebook group is more up-to-date.

Thanks Lloyd! I can't wait to find out why there is +1% more of this Oasis class ship, and what will make her different than her sisters.

I'm also guessing that this one will go to the Asian market.

What's this!? Two views of the Anthem of the Seas at once. Did the Quantum ever get this treatment? :D

61a26d1a51be5b82ed51333308856525.jpg

I guess since everyone has had an opportunity to see Quantum already, RCI must feel that it has nothing to hide really. At least no on the outside.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What is the reason for Quantum, Anthem to be assembled in position 2, why not position 1, next to the door for float out? It would have more of a moving assembly line to it.

I guess to keep up with the current build schedule this happens to be the most efficient way to do it faster. With the current size of ships being built in Hall 6, they dont have the length to build two complete ships at the same time and keep on schedule. As such, by starting the next ship on order in position 1 next to the door as you put it, they can build a mega block float it out then start a second mega block. Second mega block then gets floated out so that the ship in position 2 can exit the building dock. Both mega blocks are then floated back in to position 2 (back of Hall 6) and assembly continues. This is same process that was recently executed for Quantum/Anthem and it has been done before by Meyer Werft. They are very good at this as we all have witnessed.