Anthem of the Seas Construction

Not really. When Quantum was floated out I was told by MW that steel construction on Anthem should be finished by september 20th. So they might be two or three days ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the note. It just appears that things are moving faster compared to Quantum. Must be an illusion or I am seeing things :).

Any info on the steel cutting for Quantum 3? Knowing how secretive RCI is, they probably already had it. Thanks.

Any info on the steel cutting for Quantum 3? Knowing how secretive RCI is, they probably already had it. Thanks.

There is no information, whether it has already started or not. Originally, it was planned for late august. It seems as it wasn't done then, during the Quantum media event.

Only two more blocks need to be assembled to Anthem for completion of the steel construction in two or three days.

This is how she looked like a few hours ago:

3de3a4377a5f83b59d60cf057ca47a69.jpg

64fd87b7a25ffa72f54d0323088ff94a.jpg

Meanwhile work on Norwegian Escape has also started at Meyer Werft.

Thanks for the photo's, great to see her taking shape.:)

Have you noticed any significant changes from Quantum to Anthem thus far (at least from the exterior as it must be hard to tell from the inside)? Thanks you.

Not as far as I could see. It is possible that changes have been made regarding the deck plans. I am not that much into the plans, so I cannot compare Quantum and Anthem just by seeing the blocks. That would be pretty nice though :D (Gotta spend some time on that...)

What I noticed is that Meyer Werft changed some procedures compared to building Quantum. The FlowRider is already installed on Anthem, for instance. They did that quite late on Quantum.

Not as far as I could see. It is possible that changes have been made regarding the deck plans. I am not that much into the plans, so I cannot compare Quantum and Anthem just by seeing the blocks. That would be pretty nice though :D (Gotta spend some time on that...)

What I noticed is that Meyer Werft changed some procedures compared to building Quantum. The FlowRider is already installed on Anthem, for instance. They did that quite late on Quantum.

Interesting about the procedure change and flow rider. With respect to deck plans the one noticeable change to Anthem was with some cabin types. They added more Family JS on deck 10 of Anthem, reduced the number of Spa JS and added some GS and SGS where they removed the SPa JS (e.g. on deck 12 Anthem vs Quantum). That having been said you may now notice more of the oval windows on Anthem deck 10 where the FJS are located and a few less on deck 12 where the SJS use to be. Thanks again for all your insight and photos.

Is it just me or does Anthem appear to be a lot further along in the construction process in relation to her maiden voyage than Quantum did the same number of months prior to her maiden voyage.

Looking back at some of the Quantum photos she was still not looking very complete.

I asked the same question few days ago. MasterSchnief provided some feedback on the topic. See post 125 and 126 on the previous page.