Anthem of the Seas Construction

Steel cutting for Quantum 3 should commence in the next few months. I'll await the thread for that one, as it might be the first one we see home ported down here in Florida.

And if only there were an Oasis 3 forum or even thread. That one is moving along nicely and they're putting blocks together.

Edited by UCF_Knight

Steel cutting for Quantum 3 should commence in the next few months. I'll await the thread for that one, as it might be the first one we see home ported down here in Florida.

And if only there were an Oasis 3 forum or even thread. That one is moving along nicely and they're putting blocks together.

I don't think we will see the steel cutting for the 3rd quantum until sometime early next year since they have to build the two ncl ships. You could always create the quantum topic and post what you have found.

I don't think we will see the steel cutting for the 3rd quantum until sometime early next year since they have to build the two ncl ships.

Steel cutting for both Quantum and Anthem started around 21 months before maiden voyage. With a "mid-2016" date for Quantum 3, that would say to me steel cutting should begin in the next few months. After all, we are 22.5 months away from July 1, 2016 (just picking the mid-point of 2016. I know the date of the maiden voyage may be a couple months off from that)

Steel cutting for both Quantum and Anthem started around 21 months before maiden voyage. With a "mid-2016" date for Quantum 3, that would say to me steel cutting should begin in the next few months. After all, we are 22.5 months away from July 1, 2016 (just picking the mid-point of 2016. I know the date of the maiden voyage may be a couple months off from that)

I see where you are coming from, it's going to be tight. Sit back and watch and see if the yard can pull this off

There is :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nice. Somehow missed that one.

D'oh! The Oasis 3 thread. The Quantum float out has overshadowed it.

There's a Facebook page for the (area of the) shipyard that has the occasional good photo. Keep an eye out for it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-portique-des-Chantiers-Navals-dans-le-paysage-local-de-Saint-Nazaire/162427157281548?fref=photo

Edited by Lloyd555

When did they drain the dock? That means the megablocks are welded together.

It doesn't mean they are welded together, it just means that they are in the correct place to be welded.

I believe they would have to wait until the blocks dry before welding. it's definitely a good sign to things to come.

For all the info you have supplied us Lloyd555, and since I too live in Ottawa, I have no excuse to feed the fish or buy you a drink...

Woohoo! A fellow Ottawa..um

...ian. Will you be cruising on the quantum-class ships?!

Woohoo! A fellow Ottawa..um

...ian. Will you be cruising on the quantum-class ships?!

Yup...currently booked for April 12, 2015. Might have to switch it for an earlier cruise.

Two reasons:

1. Don't think I can wait that long.

2. Right after we booked this cruise my son planned his destination wedding in St. Lucia in May 2015.

Updated the webcam again. Hard to see any changes. :D

2014_08_20_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but it looks like they've added the bow thruster section and another keel section.

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but it looks like they've added the bow thruster section and another keel section.

Yeah I see what you mean. Looks legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes you are right. They are moving fast. I think another thing that is being done and was visible more in the prior web cam image is the prep blocks for the Keel Laying for NCL Escape just in front of Anthem.

Yup...currently booked for April 12, 2015. Might have to switch it for an earlier cruise.

Two reasons:

1. Don't think I can wait that long.

2. Right after we booked this cruise my son planned his destination wedding in St. Lucia in May 2015.

Do the January 11th one. Same itinerary and you could avoid some winter.

Also you could meet me. 😆

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do the January 11th one. Same itinerary and you could avoid some winter.

Also you could meet me. 😆

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good plan...I do like the 12 day itinerary much more than the 8 day. I'm not going to change my booking till November so I'll consider all options then.

Good going Tough as Leather. :D

I was wondering if the mods could change the subforum name to Countdown to Quantum CLASS.

Just a thought...What do you think?

Denise

Denise - Don't know if you noticed but I sent an email to CC Help about the title change you suggested and it was changed on August 19th to "Countdown to Quantum Class"

Quote:

FW: FW: CC Message Board Forums - Royal Caribbean Int'l/ Countdown to Quantum of the Seas

Hi There!

GREAT IDEA!!!! Thank you so much for your suggestion - we have made the change

Just returned from a cruise? Do you have a Meet & Mingle photo? Upload it to our Meet & Mingle album and your photo could be chosen as the Meet Photo of the Month. Winners receive some cool Cruise Critic Swag. Upload your photo here: Meet & Mingle and Group Photos Album

JennK

Community Support

CruiseCritic.com

End Quote:

Quote:

Good evening,

Some of us, your CC members were wondering if the title of "Countdown to Quantum of the Seas" could be changed to "Countdown to Quantum Class"? This way all info relevant to all three Quantum Class ships will be in the same place.

Thanks and kind regards,

CC Member

Tall-Cruiser

End Quote: