Family Ocean Rooms

EJ33333

In our experience we have found them very suitable for our family. On Jewel we had four in the stateroom and on Voyager we had five. The stateroom size and sleeping arrangements were very good and the only limitation was the one bathroom. But we managed quite well.

They are on all Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, and Vision class ships except Splendour and Legend, and also not on Majesty.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just booked 8200 on Freedom. Because of the location (all the way forward- LOTS of walking), the room is HUGE...almost like having 3 separate rooms (living room, bunkroom, master bedroom) and 3 or 4 windows. With the WOW sale and 'kids sail free' sale, we got a FO for about $606pp. There are several youtube videos of rooms 8200 and 8500 on the Freedom Class- when I found it after a Google search last night I felt like I'd found a secret no one knew about and I couldn't believe they were still available for our April sailing- school vacation here in the Northeast!!! Good Luck!

Edited by Maybaybie10

In our experience we have found them very suitable for our family. On Jewel we had four in the stateroom and on Voyager we had five. The stateroom size and sleeping arrangements were very good and the only limitation was the one bathroom. But we managed quite well.

They are on all Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, and Vision class ships except Splendour and Legend, and also not on Majesty.

Which room were you in on Jewel? We are in 7504 in a few weeks and I am interested in that room and how it may be laid out. I know that they all seem to be different but not sure how that will be.

Just booked 8200 on Freedom. Because of the location (all the way forward- LOTS of walking), the room is HUGE...almost like having 3 separate rooms (living room, bunkroom, master bedroom) and 3 or 4 windows. With the WOW sale and 'kids sail free' sale, we got a FO for about $606pp. There are several youtube videos of rooms 8200 and 8500 on the Freedom Class- when I found it after a Google search last night I felt like I'd found a secret no one knew about and I couldn't believe they were still available for our April sailing- school vacation here in the Northeast!!! Good Luck!

This applies to Voyager class as well. 8200/8500 much more desirable than the standard FOVs.

We just booked the family ocean view (8500) for a 5 day brilliance trip in January 2016. With kids sail free, it was only 1,391 total for the 5 of us, or $278 a person. If we could've convinced my MIL to share a room with us (haha) it would've been even cheaper! But that price was lower than the worst ship on Carnival (and we don't mind Carnival, but would choose Royal if the price is the same any day!)

Which room were you in on Jewel? We are in 7504 in a few weeks and I am interested in that room and how it may be laid out. I know that they all seem to be different but not sure how that will be.

We were in 8500 and although I don't know the difference from direct experience the two rooms are not laid out the same. The attached stateroom image from the RCI website describing the OVFS is accurate for 8500. 7504 will have the same accommodations but will be laid out differently.

8500.jpg.5e9cd7a210565e0c38fc476a29e5e1a8.jpg

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Geez I HATE you....Just kidding. That's awesome. We have a Family Promenade booked for the same cruise at about the same price you are. We booked back in Feb, so we're not eligible for the WOW sale or kids sail free, as they're both for new bookings only.

Geez I HATE you....Just kidding. That's awesome. We have a Family Promenade booked for the same cruise at about the same price you are. We booked back in Feb, so we're not eligible for the WOW sale or kids sail free, as they're both for new bookings only.

I kinda hate me too! :-)

The rep on the phone told me that because of the sale I should 'cram as many people as I can in the room'! I'm considering adding a 6th person (we only have 5) because I only have to pay taxes ($93) during the Kids Sail Free sale. I can cancel them out later, but it may just be worth it right now. I can always cancel them out or change the name to someone else if I have to.

The rep on the phone told me that because of the sale I should 'cram as many people as I can in the room'! I'm considering adding a 6th person (we only have 5) because I only have to pay taxes ($93) during the Kids Sail Free sale. I can cancel them out later, but it may just be worth it right now. I can always cancel them out or change the name to someone else if I have to.

Ok, I don't hate you anymore. Emailed my TA last night and she was able to get the WOW sale and kids sail free promos applied and saved us $700 and scored an additional $100 OBC for us! Thank you for mentioning the sale and promo!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

Ok, I don't hate you anymore. Emailed my TA last night and she was able to get the WOW sale and kids sail free promos applied and saved us $700 and scored an additional $100 OBC for us! Thank you for mentioning the sale and promo!

That's awesome!! Congrats!!!

Sharing is caring! ;)

I found this video on youtube. It's 8200 on Indy.

Here's a video of 8500 on FOS. We picked 8500 over 8200 even though it's a little smaller because it has a door on the master bedroom instead of just a curtain

And here is a video of a standard FOV so you can see how much nicer 8200/8500 are on Freedom/Voyager class.