Some people just are never happy and love to complain

garycarla

I think his wife taped it without him knowing as grounds for divorce. ;)

The wife is just as bad, arguing with other passengers who were saying that the food was good.

These are the kinds of people who love to complain, raise a stink, cause a scene and the proof of that is that the wife is videotaping the whole thing. Who does that?! Glad they aren't on MY cruise! Or at least if they are, we don't have to share a table with them for the entire time. :eek:

some one needs to tell him you bake cakes you don't cook them after 35 years in the business he might know that

sent from my ipad using tapatalk

that's exactly what i thought when i heard "cooked" a cake? Lol

Good grief. I thought the sous chef they were talking at had more patience than these people deserved. No matter how bad he considered the Bananas Foster and the cake, there was no reason to treat staff in that manner. And, he made it impossible for the sous chef to do anything to resolve the issue for him--the only thing that he said would satisfy him would be to talk to the pastry chef. I'm sure that still wouldn't have made him happy. What a very unhappy life he must have to treat another person this way. Shame on him and his wife for their tremendously uncouth behavior. :mad:

Did you catch the part were he said he complained every night ?

What a waste of a good egg. ;)

I can only hope that the dessert he got THIS night, was a result of his complaining every other night....and that they can never prove it.

Good grief. I thought the sous chef they were talking at had more patience than these people deserved. No matter how bad he considered the Bananas Foster and the cake, there was no reason to treat staff in that manner. And, he made it impossible for the sous chef to do anything to resolve the issue for him--the only thing that he said would satisfy him would be to talk to the pastry chef. I'm sure that still wouldn't have made him happy. What a very unhappy life he must have to treat another person this way. Shame on him and his wife for their tremendously uncouth behavior. :mad:

He acknowledged several times that he didn't think the Sous Chef was the person responsible for the dessert(s) (asking for THAT person to be brought forth), yet continued to state that the Sous Chef had "ruined their night already".

What a buffoon. I feel really badly for the Sous Chef.

I'm just not sure what he expected the Bananas Foster Cocktail to taste like since this is a recipe (one of many popular ones I'd guess)

Bananas Foster Cocktail

Ingredients

Ice

1 shot vanilla vodka

1 shot banana liqueur

1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps

1/2 shot chocolate liqueur

Splash light cream

Garnish with banana, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/bananas-foster-cocktail-recipe.html

I'm just not sure what he expected the Bananas Foster Cocktail to taste like since this is a recipe (one of many popular ones I'd guess)

Bananas Foster Cocktail

Ingredients

Ice

1 shot vanilla vodka

1 shot banana liqueur

1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps

1/2 shot chocolate liqueur

Splash light cream

Garnish with banana, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/bananas-foster-cocktail-recipe.html

This is a good post. Of course he was talking about Bananas Foster the dessert, not the cocktail.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) dark brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg

1 tablespoon banana liqueur

2 under ripe bananas, sliced in half lengthwise

1/4 cup dark rum

1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/bananas-foster-recipe.html?oc=linkback

And his point was that if the dessert had been flambeed properly, the bulk of the alcohol would have burned off.

This is a good post. Of course he was talking about Bananas Foster the dessert, not the cocktail.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) dark brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg

1 tablespoon banana liqueur

2 under ripe bananas, sliced in half lengthwise

1/4 cup dark rum

1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/bananas-foster-recipe.html?oc=linkback

And his point was that if the dessert had been flambeed properly, the bulk of the alcohol would have burned off.

Sorry wrong recipe, although maybe it was the cocktail that he really wanted. :p :p. I can't stand listening to people whine about nothing, it's just not that important. Angry words by Angry Birds or ... whatever. And no way has he or is he any kind of chef, although maybe he's a short-order cook who doesn't know his....... oh nevermind.

Seriously... Those are absolutely hysterical. I spent about a whole rainy weekend off and on, reading the NCL complaint board. And the Royal Caribbean and Carnival boards as well. Sooo freaking entertaining.. Especially when they are on there looking for a free cruise or other compensation because things didn't happen the way they expected. Definitely popcorn and wine worthy. Lol!!!

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

OMG. That poor sous chef.

Who do you suppose posted that on youtube? do you think the man (or his wife) was PROUD of his behavior?

Who do you suppose posted that on youtube? do you think the man (or his wife) was PROUD of his behavior?

He seems to be... Just clicking the YouTube link in on the video takes you to his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIzTk4Ep8MsTLR3IpKBqjQ

I saw that he's auditioning for the Hell's Kitchen show. So I'm guessing he's proud of this.

Edited by sjbdtz

The whole video was ridiculous, his pomposity was definitely showing. I think posting this video would be something he would do himself. Apparently he's a real "hot-shot". :rolleyes: His wife is, IMO, no better.

Some of the other posts on that website were just funny, I had a difficult time reading some b/c I was laughing so hard I had to keep wiping away the tears. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those same people posted similar threads on CC, there've been some pretty bad ones.

Oh well, to each his/her own.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, that's what really matters. :D

Cheers.

He seems to be... Just clicking the YouTube link in on the video takes you to his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIzTk4Ep8MsTLR3IpKBqjQ

I saw that he's auditioning for the Hell's Kitchen show. So I'm guessing he's proud of this.

LOL, maybe someone should alert the producers at Hell's Kitchen. :p

Although I guess they'd already know with that title. yuck can't imagine having to put up with that.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I did not realize he had a second video! Well, if anyone else can stomach part 2, here it is:

3K_yRXEIbfQ

If I had been working on the ship, I would be tempted to add some moisture to this guys food the next time. I would want to spit in it before I served it.

also, I prefer not to have open flames (ala flambee) on ships when I'm cruising.

She was dumb enough to attend the shopping discussion and to fall for their sales pitch with Diamond International and now she's annoyed because the ring was appraised $500 less.

Anyone who has watched that documentary about behind the scenes of a cruise ship knows those shopping talks and inside deals with certain stores are what makes the cruise line money

I'd bet my house on the fact that he posted it, because he is such a blowhard, and probably proudly sent it to Gordon Ramsey. Edited by NLH Arizona

So far and I'm not far into the complaints, I've read two complaints of people who had medical issues or deaths in the family and they didn't buy the insurance and are whining because NCL wouldn't reimburse or had issues - what do they expect if these idiots didn't buy insurance

And another dope said " I really don't like brushing my teeth and gargling in front of my wife, " -did these people not investigate the bathrooms on the Epic?

Edited by genealogyfan

I did not realize he had a second video! Well, if anyone else can stomach part 2, here it is:

3K_yRXEIbfQ

What an clown my god in this one he thinks he is Donald Trump YOUR FIRED. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Mr Robberts